Dillon Danis bullied Mickey Gall

MMA Savant

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For those that don't think Danis will have a successful career: the proof is in the pudding. The reason why Danis always wanted to transition to MMA was because he trained with the Miller brothers from the age of 15. In an old interview Miller mentioned Danis as a promising up and comer (no mention of Gall). An insider that sparred at the gym said Danis routinely out grappled Miller and Gall. Both have had successful MMA careers but have never been successful BJJ practitioners. It stands to reason that he will be able to transition easily to MMA especially with his background in BJJ, at 'Miller Bros MMA' and now 'SBG Ireland'.

UpsjgIt.png

Front row: a relative of tony ferguson and pettis, jim miller, and a relative of chad mendes and eddie alvarez

Lol.

Isn't he busy getting beat by shields in Bjj these days?

You say that like it's something to be ashamed of.
Of course not but he is losing a lot lately in Bjj, add in punches and kicks and he will be taking more Ls in his career.

Unless he just fights cans.

Of course not but he is losing a lot lately in Bjj, add in punches and kicks and he will be taking more Ls in his career.

Maia lost to Shields too.

In MMA danis would be 155/170. Shields is an excellent grappler and trains with killer. Plus Shields is a true 185er. Danis lost via a bullshit rule set. In real BJJ Danis won that fight.

He may suck at MMA, who knows, but his BJJ will still be leagues better than 99% of fighters out there. He puts anyone on the mat not named Maia, Nelson or Shields, and their in a shit ton of trouble.

For those that don't think Danis will have a successful career: the proof is in the pudding. The reason why Danis always wanted to transition to MMA was because he trained with the Miller brothers from the age of 15. In an old interview Miller mentioned Danis as a promising up and comer (no mention of Gall). An insider that sparred at the gym said Danis routinely out grappled Miller and Gall. Both have had successful MMA careers but have never been successful BJJ practitioners. It stands to reason that he will be able to transition easily to MMA especially with his background in BJJ, at 'Miller Bros MMA' and now 'SBG Ireland'.

UpsjgIt.png

Front row: a relative of tony ferguson and pettis, jim miller, and a relative of chad mendes and eddie alvarez
Guys like Jim Miller are born fighters and can overcome whatever shortcoming he may have in grappling or technique in general, but being tough and walking through some shots that would make most average men dizzy or wanting to quit. Someone can be the best grappler in the world (which this guy is obviously far from being), and still get torched in mma cause he doesn't have the stomach, or instinct, or reflexes for that type of fight.

Miller and Gall have both proven they can hang in there, especially Miller. Let him prove himself if he thinks he can, until then he's a nobody in mma.

In MMA danis would be 155/170. Shields is an excellent grappler and trains with killer. Plus Shields is a true 185er. Danis lost via a bullshit rule set. In real BJJ Danis won that fight.
I know the rules of that contest seem really dumb, I guess they don't want to give a draw but the OT shit gets me.

I just feel like Danis could very well be a Gracie where is stand up is so bad and his takedowns so weak that he will be beaten a lot.

He may suck at MMA, who knows, but his BJJ will still be leagues better than 99% of fighters out there. He puts anyone on the mat not named Maia, Nelson or Shields, and their in a shit ton of trouble.
The thing is getting them there, can he do it? Maia and shields at least had some stand up behind them to have the opponent worried, let's not forget shields out struck the current WW champ.

true 185er, hahahahaha

I know the rules of that contest seem really dumb, I guess they don't want to give a draw but the OT shit gets me.

I just feel like Danis could very well be a Gracie where is stand up is so bad and his takedowns so weak that he will be beaten a lot.

The thing is getting them there, can he do it? Maia and shields at least had some stand up behind them to have the opponent worried, let's not forget shields out struck the current WW champ.
Only just turned 24. Has been training with the Millers and most recently Conor McGregor. It's silly to think he hasn't been working on his striking in that time.

BJJ is way different from MMA. Being bad at one doesn't mean you'll be bad at the other.

Maia was robbed.jake was losing

Only just turned 24. Has been training with the Millers and most recently Conor McGregor. It's silly to think he hasn't been working on his striking in that time.
Of course but look at the people shields and maia have trained with and they could never take their striking to that next level.
BJJ is way different from MMA. Being bad at one doesn't mean you'll be bad at the other.
While having a great base for mma is needed these days it doesn't really mean much if you can't adapt. So many aspects to think of. How will he react to getting hit, his take downs etc.

So much hype for him yet he doesn't even look like he will ever fight in the cage. Seems to he saying no to every opponent offered.

cool story bro now remind me again who he has fought in mma ?

he just lost in the first round (RD 18) of ADCC this past weekend and not so long ago to Shields at Submission Underground, maybe he is not as good as he thinks at BJJ. Even if he is, he might still suck at mma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back