Didn't Lennox Lewis possess the hardest jab of all time by a mile?

As he got older, the Lewis jab became a thing of beauty. One of the best heavyweight sticks there was.

Larry Holmes' jab was the best of all-time, IMO.

Welcome back.

I have never seen a harder jab in my life, and it fast too. Could it be argued because of it's combined power and speed that it was the greatest jab ever?

How would you rate it next to Holmes?
not in my opinion, i never thought it was anything special, i'll look at footage i might have overlooked if you got it but Joe Louis, Sonny Liston and Larry Holmes had those jabs that could knock a guy down.

Foreman probably did. Perhaps not the best or most versatile (although, I'm not suggesting it wasn't extremely effective and versatile to a point), but perhaps the heaviest. Liston's would likely be up there, as well, in terms of pure power. Louis's had some serious sting, as well, and he used it in a variety of ways. I'm not sure how many would agree, but I've always thought Louis and Liston had a fair amount in common.

According to Abel Sanchez, GGG knocked out a bear with his jab. Was only a black bear and not a grizzly.

According to Abel Sanchez, GGG knocked out a bear with his jab. Was only a black bear and not a grizzly.

Black bears are kind of pussies. Pussies that can kill you rather easily, but still pussies.

Foreman had a great jab but all things concidered, not on par with Lewis masterstroke.

not in my opinion, i never thought it was anything special, i'll look at footage i might have overlooked if you got it but Joe Louis, Sonny Liston and Larry Holmes had those jabs that could knock a guy down.

I doubt they could knock down Shannon Briggs, David Tua, Holyfield, Tyson, Vitali Klitschko with a jab either ... if at all.
Did they ever knock down their usual 190 - 210 lbs. opponents with a jab?

Foreman probably did. Perhaps not the best or most versatile (although, I'm not suggesting it wasn't extremely effective and versatile to a point), but perhaps the heaviest. Liston's would likely be up there, as well, in terms of pure power. Louis's had some serious sting, as well, and he used it in a variety of ways. I'm not sure how many would agree, but I've always thought Louis and Liston had a fair amount in common.

how could i forget about foreman, great jab, foreman was a fine fighter in either incarnation, it's too bad ali fucked his head up for all those years, he could have been maybe in the top five all time. Liston was a size bigger than Louis, longer reach, freakish guy, the stories about him are still hard to believe. too much misfortune to really achieve all that louis did. he was not a complete fighter like louis was, didn't know a thing about cutting off the ring, i've read that his right cross was useless but it looks ok to me when i see, kinda hard to tell though, he dwarfed a lot of the guys he fought.

I doubt they could knock down Shannon Briggs, David Tua, Holyfield, Tyson, Vitali Klitschko with a jab either ... if at all.
Did they ever knock down their usual 190 - 210 lbs. opponents with a jab?
their opponents said things like their jab was like another guys right hand. I can't think of any knockdowns offhand with the jab, i think holmes did it to ossie ocasio but i'd have to check. at any rate, their jabs were damaging, breaking facial bones and busting guys up.

As he got older, the Lewis jab became a thing of beauty. One of the best heavyweight sticks there was.

WTF are you doing back here?

Honorable mention to Bruce Seldon.

Lennox, Holmes, Wlad, Foreman, Liston top 5 of all world class heavyweights. Could exchange Ali for Wlad and still maintain a fair list.

Lennox had an excellent jab. Best of all time? That's debatable, but I'd say top 3 no doubt.

He's alive.

Reports of my death...blah blah blah

Also if he were a heavyweight : Ike Quartey

I would say Wlad. In his prime he was the jab robot. Later became the grab robot.

Back