Did RDA's win just proved how deep the LW pool is?

Both divisions are staked and the champs Tierawn and Tony have their work cut out to keep their straps... who knows we may start to see hot potato belt merry go round with LW and WW especially if TWood loses soon, Ferguson is an animal but his style leads me to believe he’s got a loss coming sooner rather than later.

it helps to "Prove" that killing yourself to make weight is not always the best option. That maybe being a bit undersized but strong, fast, with endurance that won't stop can go a long way in a division higher.

All that would be for naught if Rafa was not a beast in training and in the ring.

Eddie can thank the weight cutting gods that rafa almost died trying to make weight.

Both (RDA & Robbie) are former champs of their respective divisions. And let's be honest, RDA totally dominated that fight against Robbie. If you don't agree with me, the 3 judges sure do with the score 50-45. The way RDA fought was beautiful for me to watch .
The first 2 rounds was art, the way he throws his kicks and punches and the way he moved his head.
I'm sure the current top 5 of the LW division except for Conor(we all know why) can emulate RDA's success in the WW division.

RDA only really dominated after Lawler's left leg crapped out. Not RDA's fault, and he did what he was supposed to do, but that was more a fluke circumstance than, say, if it was just the leg he was chopping at instead of the other one. The win was well-deserved, but I don't think you can make a claim about how much better RDA was fighting against a guy who, literally, had no legs to stand on.

Both (RDA & Robbie) are former champs of their respective divisions. And let's be honest, RDA totally dominated that fight against Robbie. If you don't agree with me, the 3 judges sure do with the score 50-45. The way RDA fought was beautiful for me to watch .
The first 2 rounds was art, the way he throws his kicks and punches and the way he moved his head.
I'm sure the current top 5 of the LW division except for Conor(we all know why) can emulate RDA's success in the WW division.

What’s truly impressive is that rda took Robbie, a bigger fighter wth tremendous tdd down AND beat him on the feet. He beat him everywhere.

i think it does.

also, hopefully it silences a lot of haters that accused rda of banned PED use, despite never having tested positive. people would say his performance has declined since usada, but here he is moving up a weight class beating the former champ and animal in robbie lawler.

No.

One has nothing to do with the other. Only a casual would think they are connected.

RDA’s biggest issue at LW was the cut. It affected his body, and performance.

It’s not rocket surgery.

You are wrong. WW > LW. If they could dominate by moving up, they would.
They have been doing that lol fuck outta here, look how many lightweights are in the WW rankings and look at how many FW are in lightweight rankings. Lightweight is the deepest division by far and it’s not even close

LW is way deeper right now ... Khabib, Ferg, Conor, Barboza, Kevin Lee etc are on another level compared to most of the WW division. The latter is mostly composed of 35+ years old guys and one dimensional bums like Colby
1 dimensional bums? They would literally mop the floor with you. What is wrong with some MMA fans?

no

robbie is past his prime idk what happened to his left leg, the other leg that rda wasnt kicking, but it looked like he had a injury and fighting on that for at least 2 rounds, results could of been different had he not had the leg injury and for sure if this fight took place 2-3 yrs ago

robbie hasnt looked the same since his KO from tyron

I think it proved once again that some fighters are cutting way to much weight that it effects their performance in the octagon
This is really the only answer thar has truth to it....

this happens all the time in amateur wrestling....a normal sized guy drains himself to make 126 or something and is lackluster....then he moves up multiple weightclasses and is dominant cause he isbt killing himself cutting or buying into the bullshit that he wont have a atrength advantage

Threads like these are really fun though cause they instantly tell you who the non athletes who have never lost a pound of weight on their 300 plus pound immobile frames are(which unfortunately are alot of sherdoggers)
<36>

Both (RDA & Robbie) are former champs of their respective divisions. And let's be honest, RDA totally dominated that fight against Robbie.

Meh. RDA kept tossing those little low leg kicks, and Robbie didn't have an answer. It's a glaring hole in Robbie's game, no doubt, but if you take that technique out you're left with a much more competitive bout. It was frustrating to see, but it's not like like Lawler was outclassed everywhere. He just faded hard because his offense relies on pressure and he couldn't pressure with his damaged leg. Great game planing on RDA, and poor adaption by Robbie. But I would not equate total domination to spamming the most boring an unexciting technique in MMA.

This is really the only answer thar has truth to it....

I would say this is a horrible argument in regards to Robbie. He's not an oversized welterweight for starters.

And he has great cardio during some of the most brutal five rounders I have ever seen. The difference here was not some huge cut (because again he doesn't have a huge cut, and also because he looked identical to every fight, hence his performance was affected in any unusual way compared to past fights), but really his inability to adapt of the leg attacks.

His entire game is all about pressure and offense and slugging it out. He couldn't implement that, not due to some big cut, but due to him not handling the kicks early. As soon as RDA had landed the third kick with no real answer from Robbie, my heart sank.

And yes, your gas tank will suffer too when you take tons of damage. Again, not related to cutting weight.

Both lightweight and welterweight are ridiculously deep compared to the other divisions.

What you have here is Lawler being on the back end of his career.

Robbie had suspicious test results from NSAC. Then USADA came in the picture and he had a split decision war with Condit and got one punch KO'd by Woodley.

The fact that he struggled to eek past Cowboy, who is a perfect matchup for him, should let everyone know he's no longer a contender. RDA just put a stamp on it.

Robbie is likely outside the top 5 right now in reality.

You have to go way back to find a time when LW wasn't the best division; we didn't need RDA to prove that.

Things are way better now that WW and MW have started to catch up though.

Back