Did RDA's win just proved how deep the LW pool is?

Talk about density in RDA

I seen that dude at the outlet mall after his demolition of Pettis and he was thick as fuck.

The back of his neck reminded me of when I met Priest Holmes (former NFL runningback). At first glance I didnt think it was Priest but then I seen how wide his neck was....
I met lawler and he is a legit 5'11" and huge. RDA looked almost his size

Sorry, as a huge Machida fan I gotta say this: no, you can't.
he lost that fight.
I had shogun, I'm not a big Machida fan. Obviously you can see it that way because I just argued it. Couple of very close rounds in that fight and no 10-8.

I had shogun, I'm not a big Machida fan. Obviously you can see it that way because I just argued it. Couple of very close rounds in that fight and no 10-8.
Look, I told you, I am a Machida Fan.
And yes, Machida was elusive.
but you can't argue that whatever action there was, Rua was more effective.
He won.
Close rounds, but only because there was almost no action in them... and all were 10-9 for Rua. heck, even if you wanted (and I wanted), you could argue one round for Machida. But 3 or 4? no.
They were close, but it was obvious who was winning that fight.

But the point I made was different.
For anyone to claim "I am right because the judges agreed with me"... that is just ridiculous.
Many judges have no clue what they are scoring.

Look, I told you, I am a Machida Fan.
And yes, Machida was elusive.
but you can't argue that whatever action there was, Rua was more effective.
He won.
Close rounds, but only because there was almost no action in them... and all were 10-9 for Rua. heck, even if you wanted (and I wanted), you could argue one round for Machida. But 3 or 4? no.
They were close, but it was obvious who was winning that fight.

But the point I made was different.
For anyone to claim "I am right because the judges agreed with me"... that is just ridiculous.
Many judges have no clue what they are scoring.
I know it's ot. But I could see how the judges scored several of those rounds for Machida. Nothing weird at all to me. I still had shogun, but calling it a robbery is a stretch. Same guys claim GSP robbed Hendricks. He didn't.

I know it's ot. But I could see how the judges scored several of those rounds for Machida. Nothing weird at all to me. I still had shogun, but calling it a robbery is a stretch. Same guys claim GSP robbed Hendricks. He didn't.
Well, GSP & Hendricks, JJ & Gus.... there are too many that people are split about. But the fact remains. Judges make as many mistakes (or simply sees the fights differently) than many.
And there is simply no easy criteria that can't be argued with, which makes the issue just the more... debatable.
Heck, even fighters who watch fights differ in their opinion of who won or loss some fights.

So to claim anyone (other people,. fans, Dana, Judges , the referee or even other fighters) "agree with their opinion so they must be right" is, to me, a stretch and an invalid point. Because in those fights, there are never a consensus.

Conor is small for LW even if the big guys leave. He's a tweener, and since there is no 150 lb division in MMA, he's left either a bit too big for FW or a bit too small for LW. Him going up even higher to WW to have success is possible, but it's going to be difficult considering he can't even hit 170 in camp. I think he could've beat Bisping at MW too and been champ, and I wish he did, but I don't think the guy could even get up to make weight without not training or eating like complete shit.
Conor isn't too small for lw that's ridiculous

No he proved all the top WW's are in Bellator.

Well, GSP & Hendricks, JJ & Gus.... there are too many that people are split about. But the fact remains. Judges make as many mistakes (or simply sees the fights differently) than many.
And there is simply no easy criteria that can't be argued with, which makes the issue just the more... debatable.
Heck, even fighters who watch fights differ in their opinion of who won or loss some fights.

So to claim anyone (other people,. fans, Dana, Judges , the referee or even other fighters) "agree with their opinion so they must be right" is, to me, a stretch and an invalid point. Because in those fights, there are never a consensus.
There is no consensus because the fights, or at least a couple of rounds, were close. I just don't like the fact that people call robbery all the time. I had Gus beating Jones, but round 4 was close as hell, i still feel Gus should have won that one. I feel he lost vs Cormier for the same reasons I feel he won the Jones fight. 1 big strike does not equal an entire round. But neither fight was a robbery, they were close. That's all I'm saying. Same with Machida and Shogun.

Sorry, but claiming you are right because 3 MMA judges agree with you is a terrible point.(just remember, they also gave Machida the nod against Rua).
He never said that, he said the obvious: RDA decimated Lawler, and then he stated that the judges agreed on him.

But let me quote other sources found by Google: (click on the name if you care to check the source)

Bloody Elbow
"That was a superb showing by the Brazilian. The leg kicks were an instant problem for Lawler, as were the body shots. He outstruck Lawler at range and in the clinch, as well as avoided getting tagged often by Robbie’s vaunted power. RDA’s cardio more than held up to an incredible pace set by both men, which is also outstanding. The move to welterweight has paid off spectacularly, I look forward to his eventual fight with Tyron Woodley."

Vice Sports
"Rafael dos Anjos is already one of the greats and the battering he put on Robbie Lawler this weekend just hammered it home. His run through the lightweight division is now legendary among fans and pundits"

Vice Sports 2
(Title) "Rafael dos Anjos Put on an MMA Masterclass Against Robbie Lawler"
(Subtitle) "From bell to bell, this fight belonged to dos Anjos"

Las Vegas' Review Journal
(Title) "Rafael Dos Anjos batters Robbie Lawler at UFC on Fox 26"

I think Lawler was on that good stuff, and USADA came, just like Hendricks, they both look like shit.

He proved how freaking good Tony Ferguson is (and Khabib)

Godbless Conor's soul if he decide to fight again... It wont end well :(
And it proved how good Eddie is, who absolutely smoked RDA......wait, which then proves how damn good Conor is, who mauled Eddie. I guess your logic failed.

There is no consensus because the fights, or at least a couple of rounds, were close. I just don't like the fact that people call robbery all the time. I had Gus beating Jones, but round 4 was close as hell, i still feel Gus should have won that one. I feel he lost vs Cormier for the same reasons I feel he won the Jones fight. 1 big strike does not equal an entire round. But neither fight was a robbery, they were close. That's all I'm saying. Same with Machida and Shogun.
He never said that, he said the obvious: RDA decimated Lawler, and then he stated that the judges agreed on him.

But let me quote other sources found by Google: (click on the name if you care to check the source)

Bloody Elbow
"That was a superb showing by the Brazilian. The leg kicks were an instant problem for Lawler, as were the body shots. He outstruck Lawler at range and in the clinch, as well as avoided getting tagged often by Robbie’s vaunted power. RDA’s cardio more than held up to an incredible pace set by both men, which is also outstanding. The move to welterweight has paid off spectacularly, I look forward to his eventual fight with Tyron Woodley."

Vice Sports
"Rafael dos Anjos is already one of the greats and the battering he put on Robbie Lawler this weekend just hammered it home. His run through the lightweight division is now legendary among fans and pundits"

Vice Sports 2
(Title) "Rafael dos Anjos Put on an MMA Masterclass Against Robbie Lawler"
(Subtitle) "From bell to bell, this fight belonged to dos Anjos"

Las Vegas' Review Journal
(Title) "Rafael Dos Anjos batters Robbie Lawler at UFC on Fox 26"

sorry, but he said just that.
Let me quote him: " RDA totally dominated that fight against Robbie. If you don't agree with me, the 3 judges sure do "
But beyond that, it means nothing.

Look at what the sources said after Gus & Jones.
Go check what sources said on GSP & Hendricks.
Go check what sources said on Rua & Machida.

They all disagreed with the judges.

As I said before, the fact judges agree with you means nothing.
And while I do trust the media a little more, they also get it wrong for the same reasons I said before.
In this sport, the rules are open to interpretation.
Even fighters (who fought under those rules) have differing views many times.

sorry, but he said just that.
Let me quote him: " RDA totally dominated that fight against Robbie. If you don't agree with me, the 3 judges sure do "
But beyond that, it means nothing.

Look at what the sources said after Gus & Jones.
Go check what sources said on GSP & Hendricks.
Go check what sources said on Rua & Machida.

They all disagreed with the judges.

As I said before, the fact judges agree with you means nothing.
And while I do trust the media a little more, they also get it wrong for the same reasons I said before.
In this sport, the rules are open to interpretation.
Even fighters (who fought under those rules) have differing views many times.
Shaddows, come on, if you want to portray yourself as a guy with 0 text interpretation skills, go ahead, I'm not gonna stop you.
Although were I in your shoes I'd just call it a day.

The guy said that RDA totally dominated that fight, which at least as much correct as one saying that Overeem lost to Ngannou. Just me, him, the judges, sherdog and the specialized media vs you. Ask a moderator for a poll if you will.

Shaddows, come on, if you want to portray yourself as a guy with 0 text interpretation skills, go ahead, I'm not gonna stop you.
Although were I in your shoes I'd just call it a day.

The guy said that RDA totally dominated that fight, which at least as much correct as one saying that Overeem lost to Ngannou. Just me, him, the judges, sherdog and the specialized media vs you. Ask a moderator for a poll if you will.

Sorry, but the one who needs to learn to interpret what others write... is you. And I don't mean to pick on you.

I never once said I disagreed with what the judges said in this particular fight.
I merely noted that claiming the judges agree with you is meaningless.
And if you think that judges agreeing with you means you are right, well, I blatantly disagree with that assessment as well.

Sorry, but the one who needs to learn to interpret what others write... is you. And I don't mean to pick on you.

I never once said I disagreed with what the judges said in this particular fight.
I merely noted that claiming the judges agree with you is meaningless.
And if you think that judges agreeing with you means you are right, well, I blatantly disagree with that assessment as well.
ok, out talk is moot, let's move on

And about being offended:
dogma_buddy_christ.jpg

Back