Did Max Holloway suffer a mini-stroke?

God I hope not.

Max still has a bright future in the UFC hopefully.

Lets hope he will be fine. But it sounds worrying.

Brain scans were (apparently) okay so I hope it's not that
It would show up, surely? Blood clots in the brain and whatnot?

Brain scans were (apparently) okay so I hope it's not that
It would show up, surely? Blood clots in the brain and whatnot?

It can be difficult to diagnose if you had a minor stroke. It's much too early to tell. Let's wait.

Could be sugar or electrolyte levels.

This.
I am thinkig it's too much, cutting from 190+ to 145

Max is getting older, gains weight and needs to go to 155 ASAP.
For the sake of long term health.

This.
I am thinkig it's too much, cutting from 190+ to 145

Max is getting older, gains weight and needs to go to 155 ASAP.
For the sake of long term health.

Guys at max 's level have professionals that plan every single meal for them though . I don't think it's something as simple as sugar and electrolyte levels

A lad at work got jumped a few years ago and suffered a concussion, got the all clear at hospital but over the next few days his speech and demeanor were just like Max's, he also had a little bit of an issue controlling his leg properly.
Eventually we made him go back to the hospital, they gave him another scan and there you go... Two blood clots, they drilled a few holes in his head and washed water over his brain to clear the clots and he's back to normal...apart from the big fucking dents in his head.
Not sure how that would affect a fighters career long term because there's no ongoing care or medication.

I thought mini strokes or TIA’s last about 10 minutes whereas what he had was affecting him for days.

Looks like Very Very Heavay Burtations to me...

I thought mini strokes or TIA’s last about 10 minutes whereas what he had was affecting him for days.

The major symptoms. Yeah but you would feel off long after that. Also mini strokes often come in packs so he could have had several. The stress from a training camp and fight week would make you extra susceptible . All speculation though . Hope he is ok

strangely enough, this could be something as minor as a migraine. i've seen, first hand, the exact same symptoms in someone before. facial droop, slurred speech, coordination problems.

Guy Mezger..he was supposed to fight Tito at UFC 50. That was how Cote ended up debuting.

Guys at max 's level have professionals that plan every single meal for them though . I don't think it's something as simple as sugar and electrolyte levels
professionals lol. a true professional trainer would never let someone cut so much weight. they are all con artists and money grabbers imho

professionals lol. a true professional trainer would never let someone cut so much weight. they are all con artists and money grabbers imho
MMA fighters are usually semi professional at best. holloway probably gets fat as fuck between fights. holloway for example couldn't even make 155 in a week's notice, that's the division above. how can he be a professional? a true professional was GSP, all year in the best shape of his life

but, I hope he recovers well, as people have said, it could be serious and career ending

Well there's no way for us to know until he undergoes testing. I will say this though, there are a number of guys with notiecably slurred speech in UFC who aren't even that old. Hell there's a guy in each main event who does it, listen to how Stipe talks and how he has that semi-dazed look on his face most of the time, the guy is heading down the same road.

is it possible this has anything to do with his previous weight cut in nyc where they saw him as unfit to continue????? noone has brought this up but possible the new york state athletic commission had a point to call that fight off even though max and his people wanted it to continue.

These professionals work with the goal fighters and camps set for them. For money.

Ask non-biased pro, they will tell you that cutting from 190+ to 145 is not only unhealthy,
but really dangerous.

Of course, there could be other factors involved, but extreme weight cutting has to
stop and needs to be regulated.

There are drugs that would reverse stroke damage if given within three hours of the event. Makes me wonder what time Monday night he went in...

Back