Did Max Holloway suffer a mini-stroke?

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine had those on a regular basis and he acted pretty similar to Max. Would you ever get cleared to fight if you suffered a stroke once before?

A friend of mine had those on a regular basis and he acted pretty similar to Max. Would you ever get cleared to fight if you suffered a stroke once before?

If it happened, then it's VERY bad and I'm pretty sure that none of the fighters who had any kinds of strokes came back.

There was Road FC BW champion recently, Yun Joon Le. He was very good, and young, he beat Roop in the first round.
He suffered a stroke, vacated the title and probably retired for good - and he was DEFINITELY UFC caliber.

A stroke is serious man i hope not
I just thought he got KOd in training but i havent seen the clips etc. Just been down i wanted to see Max v Ortega.

The symptoms are the same.

Last edited:
Darn I just found out the news about Max.

Hopefully he's just sick and it's not related to any brain trauma. But I did hear one of his recent interviews. He did sound off like he was either high or punch drunk. I was leaning more towards the high him being a Hawaiian and all. But this does not seem right.

Could be sugar or electrolyte levels.

If it happened, then it's VERY bad and I'm pretty sure that none of the fighters who had any kinds of strokes came back.

There was Road FC BW champion recently, Yun Joon Le. He was very good, and young, he beat Roop in the first round.
He suffered a stroke, vacated the title and probably retired for good - and he was DEFINITELY UFC caliber.
Yeah man strokes are bad news. Basically suffocating your brain to the point of potentially damaging or just killing parts of it. I hope it comes back less than what i'm thinking for max. But the possible scenarios that it points to for me do not look good for max.

Yeah man strokes are bad news. Basically suffocating your brain to the point of potentially damaging or just killing parts of it. I hope it comes back less than what i'm thinking for max. But the possible scenarios that it points to for me do not look good for max.

I personally think it's mild concussion+wild dehydration...

I doubt it has to do with CTE. The symptoms of CTE don't just appear one day. They creep up on you over the years. This is something else. Looks like a stroke to me but you never know

I personally think it's mild concussion+wild dehydration...
Hope it's something on the minor end like you're saying. Max is a young guy, would be a shame to see him have to walk down the TJ Grant road.

His face was drooping and his speech was slurred. Those are bad signs. Those tick the boxes for stroke but I don’t know... I hope it wasn’t a stroke or anything like that.

Either way he won’t be ready to fight for the title next month. No way.

Hope it's something on the minor end like you're saying. Max is a young guy, would be a shame to see him have to walk down the TJ Grant road.

A mini stroke isn't necessarily something life threatening. Very serious yes and most likely you have to go on some form of medication but as a professional fighter it could be a career ender

fighters don't start to dehydrate themselves that soon.

Yeah, I know they're not in the sauna yet...but probably they still eat and drink less...

This one was normal sized WW and then became a freaking HUGE LW...and then came career ending concussion....coincidence? I think not

Although it’s possible.....this is the part where people go wild with speculations

Yeah, I know they're not in the sauna yet...but probably they still eat and drink less...

This one was normal sized WW and then became a freaking HUGE LW...and then came career ending concussion....coincidence? I think not
Could the same not be said for max developing to be a normal sized lw who's now a pretty damn big FW? Different conditions sure as Grant went down, where max has been climbing. But may have been making the consequences of it sneak up on him.

Could the same not be said for max developing to be a normal sized lw who's now a pretty damn big FW? Different conditions sure as Grant went down, where max has been climbing. But may have been making the consequences of it sneak up on him.

Not sure what you mean about Grant and Max...Grant was on his way to get the title shot.

Guy Mezger retired after a stroke so I'd say it's a career ending injury. Am hoping better for Hooloway

Back