Did Lee vs Macedo really win FOTN over Felipe vs Puelles?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Puelles had a crazy comeback best of the year so far imo and the fight wss exciting the whole way through and ended in a finish.. Macedo vs Lee sucked after the first round and Lee stood over her just kicking her legs for a good portion of the last 2 rounds.

No way was that FOTN over the Silva fight Puelles shouldve got a double bonus that night, clear case of promotion bias imo. What a fucking joke.

I really liked both fights, but I think they absolutely got that wrong. Puelles/Silva was twice as good.

I'm all for spreading the bonuses around, especially amongst grossly underpaid fighters. Puelles got his POTN, which was fine...and so I'm glad two others got FOTN.

fair to say that all the WMMA bouts were more entertaining than the main event? if Usman had a win bonus, it should be given to the ladies to share lol

Lee put on a really fun performance. Gal was going after the finish the whole fight.

But Felipe and Puelles was the clear winner. That hail-Mary knee-bar after getting dominated was insane.

If that was FOTN it tells us just how bad that card was. Holy shit, they did nothing for more than half the minutes they were in the cage. When they did engage it was nothing special. A HS wresting match is more active and exciting.

But in reality there were better fights. Just the UFC trying to make it seem the WMMA thing deserves to be there. It doesn't.

The bonus is 100% deserved TS.

giphy.gif

If Puelles hadn't won by hail Mary would you still have considered it a FOTN candidate?

He got beat around the cage like a red-headed stepchild until the KO.

that fight was adorable lol... like lil pandas rolling around n shit

Last edited:
I can understand the idea on not giving it to Felipe, like "hey, you dominated the fight but couldn't finish, and you lost because of that, why should we reward you?". So it's somewhat fair to give Puelles the bonus but not him.

But I thought Pantoja-Moreno was a better fight than Lee-Macedo. Moreno kept going for it till the end, Macedo did practically nothing but land a couple kicks.

If Puelles hadn't won by hail Mary would you still have considered it a FOTN candidate?

He got beat around the cage like a red-headed stepchild until the KO.

This is a stupid question. That is the reason it’s fight of the night.

That’s like saying if Justin Gaethje didn’t go balls to the wall every fight, then he wouldn’t be exciting.

Puelles had a crazy comeback best of the year so far imo and the fight wss exciting the whole way through and ended in a finish.. Macedo vs Lee sucked after the first round and Lee stood over her just kicking her legs for a good portion of the last 2 rounds.

No way was that FOTN over the Silva fight Puelles shouldve got a double bonus that night, clear case of promotion bias imo. What a fucking joke.
I thought the same thing.

It's bad enough that women are taking spots from more deserving fighters, but now they're also taking bonus money.

What a joke Mecedo is. Judging by her hype, I thought she was going to be the second coming. Hahaha

Wouldn't surprise me if Mecedo and Grasso quit MMA within the next year.

just cause there was a crazy comeback doing make it the best fight of the night.

Macedo is so cute. The other girl had a better body though.

This is a stupid question. That is the reason it’s fight of the night.

That’s like saying if Justin Gaethje didn’t go balls to the wall every fight, then he wouldn’t be exciting.
Not really, the fight would have been considered a one sided beating. At least Gaethje fights are more back and forth wars.

Comeback of the Night? Sure. But the fight as a whole was not that exciting to me.

I really liked both fights, but I think they absolutely got that wrong. Puelles/Silva was twice as good.

Lee put on a really fun performance. Gal was going after the finish the whole fight.

But Felipe and Puelles was the clear winner. That hail-Mary knee-bar after getting dominated was insane.

Prime example of WME trying to shove WMMA down the fans' throats and tell us how good it is

just cause there was a crazy comeback doing make it the best fight of the night.

Which fight was better in your honest opinion that night then? I thought the first round was good, both guys had their moments, second round Silva started finding his range landing good shots, 3rd round turned into a beatdown where dude managed to somehow pull out a kneebar.

Lots of good grappling and striking exchanges throughout the fight, didn't really turn into a beatdown until the end of the 2nd round.

Lee vs Macedo had long periods of inactivity where nothing happened, and Andrea Lee doing her best hero of time impression to beat the clock. First round was good, fight fizzled out after though. Wasn't even as good as Pantoja vs Moreno imo.

Has Felipe or Puelles ever talked shit about the UFC or spoke in favor of a union? That's why Cerrone doesn't get bonuses anymore.

Back