Did hendricks tap?!?

Looked like a tap to me when I saw it on the movie screen (god I love watching fights at the theater). Hell, half the theater exploded "TAP!" when they saw that. Ref was on the other side and GSP didn't seem to notice and hendricks kept right on going like nothing happened.

Oh well, shit happens.

I didn't tape the fight, so I can't watch it again. I noticed that more than several people said that Hendricks tapped out in round 1. Did he?

Yeah, like 6 times. If you listen close you hear him say stop, that's why GSP let the choke go.

No, he didn't tap.

1778756-oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

Loads of us watched it over and over, he tapped, you don't tap someone 4 times when your in a submission and mean it to be im fine, Its the universal sign for im submitting. GSP actually allowed the fight to continue by scrambling for a better position.

I have to be honest, I think Hendricks did more damage, I think gsp landed more often, and now I think Hendricks has been really disrespectful in his loss. Maybe its a good learning curve, he said he will be back stronger and better.

Whatever though if the ref had been in the position we were, it would of been stopped.

Honestly I thought he did. I saw that on my stream and then it froze for a few seconds and I was surprised they were still fighting.

Loads of us watched it over and over, he tapped, you don't tap someone 4 times when your in a submission and mean it to be im fine, Its the universal sign for im submitting. GSP actually allowed the fight to continue by scrambling for a better position.

I have to be honest, I think Hendricks did more damage, I think gsp landed more often, and now I think Hendricks has been really disrespectful in his loss. Maybe its a good learning curve, he said he will be back stronger and better.

Whatever though if the ref had been in the position we were, it would of been stopped.

It is definitely a good thing for Hendricks as he will come out in the next fight like Shogun in Shogun Machida 2 and erase all doubt in your minds. I feel bad that now a de-motivated GSP has to play fighter one more time for uncle Dana when his heart won't be in it and we will see him get really dominated. I can't stand GSP but I wouldn't fault him whatsoever if he retired now. I have been waiting to see a new champ at 170 for a LONG time and he has definitely arrived. Whether we wanna go ahead and crown Hendricks now or wait till later it doesn't matter, he is the new king.

Looks like he went to tap, but GSP let go anyway so I don't see the issue here.

It is definitely a good thing for Hendricks as he will come out in the next fight like Shogun in Shogun Machida 2 and erase all doubt in your minds. I feel bad that now a de-motivated GSP has to play fighter one more time for uncle Dana when his heart won't be in it and we will see him get really dominated. I can't stand GSP but I wouldn't fault him whatsoever if he retired now. I have been waiting to see a new champ at 170 for a LONG time and he has definitely arrived. Whether we wanna go ahead and crown Hendricks now or wait till later it doesn't matter, he is the new king.

I think Hendricks was the better fighter, I still think GSP wasn't at his best in that fight, but he certainly has been a great champ.
Im not sure if Hendricks will ever be champ, he showed that he ducks down everytime someone throws a jab, if he did that to some other fighters, hes likely to be made to pay, prime GSP would have capitalised.
He also seems to show disdain for other fighters, but he has the ability to be a great champ, and this loss hopefully will knock the chip off his shoulder.

No he didnt.

I rewatched the fight and it looks like he actually did tap. Even when i watched it live i thought i saw it too, but just figured i mis saw it, but upon watching several times i think he may have.

Back