Did Cruz get old or was he figured out?

I think, eventually, people just let him dance all around like he was having a seizure and then punched him in the face when he finally stopped for a second

Cody was in the zone that night. Nobody in the UFC was going to beat Garbrandt that evening. I was fortunate enough to be there live. Henry got a quick stoppage win, not sure what he figured out? He beat Munoz and Kenney and then got KO'd by Marlon. Marlon is a good fighter.

He is now 38 and I would say he is done now as far as title contention. Makes very little sense for him to keep fighting unless its some kind of Legend Fight like against Frankie Edgar (yes I know Frankie is retired and its just an example).

Yeah that Garbrandt performance was something special. He was really at the top of his game there and I don’t think many of us expected him to be that disciplined and effective against the established divisional kingpin.

Hope he still has something left in the tank. That win over Kelleher was slick but I’m not sure about his current ceiling.

Started fighting better fighters ….Cruz one of the most overrated fighters in history …..even with the gift win over TJ

His style was always going to suffer once he started getting older but do you think the game figured him out and other fighters found his weakness or was it a combo of age, slowing down and injuries that led to Cruz slowing down?
Yes.

Just like Fergy Tonuson, their styles were always going to suffer once they started getting older and less athletic , slower etc
Would agree with this. He destroyed his legs which didnt help much with mobility.

Back