Did Chris Weidman actually ever beat anyone in their prime as a champion?

Haha no.

That Anderson just barely over a year past his Chonan loss and while most remember Chonan only for the flashy sub he was beating Anderson the fuck up on the feet prior.

635922305393527551-1649464508_chonan-silva.gif

Geezus Christ man imagine the Chris getting the Anderson that Chonan or Lutter had.

10qclms.gif

Anderson got much better, and quite a bit bigger (thicker) after this loss and his TDD and BJJ defense improved massively.
GSP’s biggest dickrider on Sherdog bashing Anderson. What a surprise lol

Silva is the GOAT.

GSP’s biggest dickrider on Sherdog bashing Anderson. What a surprise lol

Silva is the GOAT.

Biggest Anderoid dickrider on Sherdog can’t handle the truth. What a surprise Toner lol

Literally only Silva haters think this. People were talking about his age for at least 2 years at the time of the Weidman fights. He was 38 years old and had been fighting for 16 years when they first fought. He was also visibly slower than his early UFC fights.

Machida on the other-hand, was looking fantastic after dropping to MW. Weidman's win over Machida was legit.
Bull shit. Complete revisionist history. Most Anderson fans were arguing Weidman (in his prime) did not even deserve a fight with Anderson and Anderson would get an easy win and no credit for Weidman win as they were arguing to duck the fight.

Again as I pointed out up thread all 'Fighters Primes' do not start the same time and at the point of physical prime because if they did then we have to admit Anderson was losing to Chonen and Takase in his physical prime. Anderson seems to have entered his Fighting Prime around age 32 and it continued to age 38 until the Chris knocked him out of it. You can argue it began a little while before but I don't think his complete game came together until just after Lutter which forced him to focus more on grappling defense and gaining some size, which he did.

Last edited:
If you think that was a prime Munoz

You didn't watch the fight
I mean, there was the first time he actually had a 4 time winning streak against UFC competition and delivered the vicious GnP against Leben not long before that.
So I ask when you think it was his prime than? 2 years before when he lost to Okami, or a year before that when he got KTFO by Hammil?

Anderson was nearly 40 years old, anybody claiming Anderson was in his prime is retarded. Just because you're not losing doesnt mean you're in your prime, you dummies probably still think Mayweather is in his prime cause he's 50-0 in boxing.

I get tired of bringing this up. But that means we can diminish that Hendo win for Andy too then right. Hendo was about 40 when he fought a Younger Silva.

I mean, there was the first time he actually had a 4 time winning streak against UFC competition and delivered the vicious GnP against Leben not long before that.
So I ask when you think it was his prime than? 2 years before when he lost to Okami, or a year before that when he got KTFO by Hammil?

Didn't even read all that sorry bro

He was fat as fuck in the weidman fight

I'm just curious because Anderson Silva was gettinng old, so was Lyoto, definitely post-TRT Vitor...

Discuss.
Silva fights were flukes.
I'm pretty sure Silva just walked around with his hands by his sides and bobbed and weaved in the first fight

Bull sit. Complete revisionist history. Most Anderson fans were arguing Weidman (in his prime) did not even deserve a fight with Anderson and Anderson would get an easy win and no credit for Weidman win as they were arguing to duck the fight.

Again as I pointed out up thread all 'Fighters Primes' do not start the same time and at the point of physical prime because if they did then we have to admit Anderson was losing to Chonen and Takase in his physical prime. Anderson seems to have entered his Fighting Prime around age 32 and it continued to age 38 until the Chris knocked him out of it. You can argue it began a little while before but I don't think his complete game came together until just after Lutter which forced him to focus more on grappling defense and gaining some size, which he did.

One issue of course is that the hype around Anderson was so strong and actually carried over into his ring persona with all the matrix showboating that was deliberately trying to create the idea he was unbeatable standing.

My feeling is that he wasn't quiet at the same level as say 07-09 but was not in any big decline either, as you say I think it was the defeats to Weidlamn, the brocken leg and the long layoff that clearly knocked him out of his prime.

Silva fights were flukes.
I'm pretty sure Silva just walked around with his hands by his sides and bobbed and weaved in the first fight

We saw "serious Silva" in the second fight and he could still do nothing to Weidman beyond throw sloppy badly setup lowkicks that got his leg broken.

No.
Weidman beat old guys, some by fluke injury, some f’ing around, and in every fight he has been in (besides Chida) his cardio was no good after 5 minutes.

Anderson was nearly 40 years old, anybody claiming Anderson was in his prime is retarded. Just because you're not losing doesnt mean you're in your prime, you dummies probably still think Mayweather is in his prime cause he's 50-0 in boxing.
So then do you concede Anderson was losing in his prime at age 28 and 29 to cans like Takase and Chonan?

You cannot have it both ways and use simply age to suggest he was out and then not use age to say he was in his prime.

lol he wasn't in his prime man. He was still really fucking good tho for an old man.
So what are we saying that he had a 5 year prime window and that is it. Basically all his key wins right up to the last one were in his prime and it suddenly stopped.

To me Anderson's Prime is a combination of different things. He was always a great striker on the feet but he was vulnerable to td's and a good sub game. After the Lutter debacle (almost losing to a drained and weakened Lutter who could not make weight for a title shot) it was clear Anderson dedicated himself to grappling defense with the Nog bro's and most importantly he started to gain some good mass each and every year after that as he began to look more like a LHW than a MW.

This gave Anderson a late prime which started around when he was 32 and was still going (albeit on the downside) when Weidman KHTFO.

imagine the silver that ko'd Leban fighting weidman...completely different fighter back then...very little show boating..just a lethal bastard...he would have ko'd weidman stiff.
The silver that beat Leben had a mediocre ground game & wrestling which I’m sure Weidman would’ve exposed

I get tired of bringing this up. But that means we can diminish that Hendo win for Andy too then right. Hendo was about 40 when he fought a Younger Silva.

You can try, but how Hendo performed after that loss would counter whatever you're trying.

Back