Did anybody see Ngannou's ufc sub win?

Stipe did take JDS down.

The JDS takedown was a leg sweep in the clinch, pretty sick lol but Stipe stood up in much less than a minute.

Curtis Blaydes didn't win anything at a D1 level, he transferred out of a D1 school and won a national championship outside the NCAA. He's an impressive wrestler, but nothing much more impressive than Stipe credential wise. Stipe's had more success with his wrestling in MMA so far.

Stipe doesn't just shoot doubles. Like ever lol only against junior the first time really
Curtis Blaydes didn't win anything at a D1 level, he transferred out of a D1 school and won a national championship outside the NCAA. He's an impressive wrestler, but nothing much more impressive than Stipe credential wise. Stipe's had more success with his wrestling in MMA so far.

Stipe doesn't just shoot doubles. Like ever lol only against junior the first time really
Fair enough they both really good wrestlers. My point was that Ngannu did more than hold is own in the wrestling department against a very good wrestler. He defended every takedown impressively, and instantly popped back up when he did go down.

To your last point single or doubles, he didn't win every grappling exchange as you previously stated, in fact his wrestling was extremely inaffective. I don't know how that translates into their upcoming match, but it's worth pointing out.

Wasn't Hamilton an NCAA wrestler too?

PRODIGY

Fair enough they both really good wrestlers. My point was that Ngannu did more than hold is own in the wrestling department against a very good wrestler. He defended every takedown impressively, and instantly popped back up when he did go down.

To your last point single or doubles, he didn't win every grappling exchange as you previously stated, in fact his wrestling was extremely inaffective I don't know how that translates into their upcoming match, but it's worth pointing out.
Yeah even curt had trouble and alistair looked straight up small and weak in the clinch which is scary

I think Hamilton shit himself when ngannou did the knee on belly

Also. I could swore blaydes was a NCAA div 1 champ... Damn

But Stipe an un underdog? My money's on him. He's just much more well rounded

Tire him against the cage and lets see how hes after 3 or 4 minutes. The guy had his mouth open and was moving wildly after a minute against the cage vs Overeem. Not sure if it was adrenaline dump, fatigue or just him going into hulk mode.

I'm still iffy about his cardio, but if his cardio is game, I feel bad for Stipe.

Back