Devon Alexander vs. Victor Ortiz Feb.17th FOX

My brother has a long standing theory that over the years I've come to agree with. He says that Vic probably could've gotten up and continued to fight after Floy two pieced him with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy, but knew that it looked bad for Floyd and decided to get out of the fight by acting like he was way more affected by the shots than he actually was.

Also got a quicker payday, they don't pay you by the minute, as they say, and avoided a prolonged ass whooping in the process. Makes sense to me, also maybe thought he could get a rematch out of the "controversy"? But on the other hand this seems way above Vic's mental capabilities so maybe I'm giving him too much credit considering a squirrel could outsmart this fool.

Kind of agree with that theory tho esp given his tendency to quit when he's not front running, sans Berto fight, which I give him full credit for, great fight.

Dang sorry to hear, take care of your back bud. I've got some lower back issues myself. To anyone out there in their 20's, start stretching now. Better to start now when you don't really need to, then not do it when you do.

I'm doing well. My wife and I took a trip out to a dog breeder last Saturday and put a deposit down on a new female German Shepherd. The parents are imported German german shepherds, so very low rate of hip/health problems (unlike American german shepherds) and they're huge. The dad is over 120lbs and only 2 years old. So we're looking forward to bringing her home in about 5 weeks.

You're German Shepherd is definitely smarter than Victor Ortiz, then again probably smarter than me as well. Those are beautiful dogs, super smart, can protect your drug stash when you're out with the Mrs., kill home invaders but also cuddle with children. Congrats sounds like a good time.

Meanwhile I have a 6lb cat that won't shut the fuck up b/c it's a female and she's half siamese and apparently they like to talk A LOT. Same thing with @Hagler tho, my dog passed away a couple years ago next week and I don't have the means atm to give another dog the life it deserves b/c of the upkeep and time to walk etc. Also too soon to replace my old buddy with another best friend so I went with a girl cat. Also a lot of pitbulls in my neighborhood to eat puppies if you know what I mean. I can keep the cat inside and I'm not a pos b/c of it. If I take my cat out on a leash in this place, I deserve to be stabbed.

Anyway, I'm jealous. Congrats, bud.

My favorite Ortiz quitting moment was when he was beating the brakes off Josesito Lopez until late in the fight when he took a big shot that cracked his jaw and decided to quit on the stool. Even the ref was astounded and kept asking if he was sure he wanted to quit. Classic.

Easy second was after he launched a headbutt missile at Floyd then tried to apologize by making out with him but Floyd don't do sexual harassment so he hit Ortiz with the #metoo combo and put his lights out.

"#metoo combo" is pretty funny. F53 is making me chuckle good today.

Tony Harrison vs Jorge Cota added to the undercard

why does it feel like i've already watched this fight a few years ago

not sure who takes it
god knows which ortiz turns up or turns off midway a round

rooting for devon

I guess Ortiz will take it. Alexander isn't particularly good at 147. Neither is Victor, but at least he can punch I guess.

Prince Ranch Boxing's super middleweight prospect, Humberto "Tito" Velasco (18-1-1 12KOs) will return to action on February 17th in El Paso, Texas as he takes on Thomas "Top Dogg" Williams Jr. (20-3-1 14KOs) on the undercard of an event headlined by Devon Alexander vs. Victor Ortiz which will be broadcast globally on FOX.

I actually think Alexander pulls this off, but Ortiz can crack if he can line him up.

Both are southpaws, so this fight will be weird and messy.

Charles martin 25-1 vs Joel caudle 7-1-1 added

-200 devon alexander easily decisions ortiz ala maidaina

devon was addicted to pain killers and was supposedly the reason he was out of action for so long and ortiz was never that good to begin with, got by with both his heart and chin, and both probably no longer exist

fwiw, berto claimed that he was knocked down by victor because the sun was in his eyes and could not see the shot coming

Former junior middleweight world titlist Austin Trout (30-4, 17 KOs), a 32-year-old southpaw from Las Cruces, New Mexico, will look to rebound from back-to-back losses in world title fights. Trout will face Juan De Angel in an eight- or 10-round fight on the non-televised undercard of the Premier Boxing Champions card headlined by the fight between former welterweight titlists Devon Alexander and Victor Ortiz, who meet Feb. 17 (Fox) at the Don Haskins Center in El Paso, Texas. Trout, who owns a win against Miguel Cotto, dropped a unanimous decision challenging Jermall Charlo for his world title in May 2016 and then returned after a long layoff and suffered a 10th-round knockout loss challenging Jarrett Hurd for his world title on Oct. 14. De Angel (20-7-1, 18 KOs), 30, of Colombia, has also lost two fights in a row.

i
Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer

Back