Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good players never had issues with random rolls in gun fights because good players know when to engage, when to disengage, when to use nades properly, knowing when to switch with your team mate because your shields are low, how to use your gun in its intented range. If you barely have a 1.0 kd your opinion on this subject has no merit. Fixed rolls are destroying the game by all metrics and the people defending it are a small minority. *drops mic* go play halo. This game has been dumbed down severely by making the skill gap small as possible. Bungie wants people to be able to start the game up and do decent without putting it any real effort on trying to improve. The people defending this game are the low skill players, because it favors them. God forbid they actually learn how to play the game without spamming autorifles.
random rolls wasn't a problem but getting the rng system to give you good rolls was when the stuff kept getting nerfed and metas changing to fit what was going on in trails was the issue. Like handcannons taking a nose dive in pve due to Thorn being to op in PvP mainly trials. Where Hawkmoon being able to one shot ppl in yr1 pvp it wasn't an issue or having handcannons have y3 pulse rifle range was a non issue but having the Thorn two shot ppl in trials led to handcannons being nerfed non stop including having their bullets being on a rng system. It got to the point where there was mainly just two handcannons showing up in pvp the Eyasluna & the Palindrome pretty much like with the Better Devils and Annual Skate now in D2 well that'd be the case if handcannons worked in the Destiny 2 pvp. Still these static rolls are suspose to be the best rolls for that gun to make PvP balanced and for most cases is a bunch of bs. Why go into PvP with anything other then an auto rifle or a fast fire scout rifle with high caliber rounds or explosive rounds. Bottomline is them catering to casuals pushing Destiny 2 to be an Esport by dumbing down the game and trying streamline it into a typical FPS with some MMORPG elements hurt it moe then it helped.

If you barely have a 1.0 kd your opinion on this subject has no merit.

While I agree with your post you make yourself look like an elitist piece of shit when you say things like this. Some people refused to dry-hump the meta in year one and that certainly lowered their kd. Destiny 1 also had a massive skill gap because of how much synergy could be gained from having a meta weapon with meta perks. People who didn't have those things were at a disadvantage and it was frustrating trying to play with a scout rifle when people could charge me from half way across the map and still be able to shotgun me before I could kill them with my scout. I was a very poor player and it took me a LONG time to get better because it was such a frustrating experience. Blinking sliding shotgunners (shot package / range finder / range boosting barrel perk) made the game damned near unplayable for those who refused to play by this single style.

D2 has really dialed back the perks so this kind of synergy can't exist and that's why I think random rolls would be just fine.

While I agree with your post you make yourself look like an elitist piece of shit when you say things like this. Some people refused to dry-hump the meta in year one and that certainly lowered their kd. Destiny 1 also had a massive skill gap because of how much synergy could be gained from having a meta weapon with meta perks. People who didn't have those things were at a disadvantage and it was frustrating trying to play with a scout rifle when people could charge me from half way across the map and still be able to shotgun me before I could kill them with my scout. I was a very poor player and it took me a LONG time to get better because it was such a frustrating experience. Blinking sliding shotgunners (shot package / range finder / range boosting barrel perk) made the game damned near unplayable for those who refused to play by this single style.

D2 has really dialed back the perks so this kind of synergy can't exist and that's why I think random rolls would be just fine.
I didn't even know what a meta was until TTK came out just ran hand cannons and shotguns because they worked up until then. I tried auto rifles before the Suros nerf but that was just for a bit because them nerfing the suros fucked up the shadow price, grim citizen, and vanquisher viii. I just blamed my shit game play on lag or other shit but the hand cannons stayed playable until the damn ghost bullets and the shotguns stayed until the not spawning with secondary ammo. I always had more of a problem with the fusion rifles in year 1 and then snipers after the fusion rifles got nerfed.

This shit in d2 almost had me deleting it agian today because of the damn auto rifles I fucking hate playing the meta and this damn team fire and auto rifles had me pissed. I had to quit and grab a nameless midnight and origin story off my titan then I could compete. I really don't understand how they thought this would be fun I love Iron Banners in the first game this one I got my weekly pvp in for each toon and had enough the last one got me to delete the game after 3 or 4 matches. I only saw one player or should say only got killed by one player using something different then an auto rifle, scout rifle , or smg and that was the better devils and after that just switched to the damn uriel's gift.

I was never really into the PVP in Destiny, but damn if they really got rid of fixed rolls because everyone has to be equal in PVP that's a damn shame.

Anyone can get good with a decent amount of practice, and if you can't it's not the game for you and you should probably put it down. Fixed rolls brought much more life to the game for myself considering it gave me something to grind for in PVE.

Seems like they dumbed this game down a lot and in doing so took a lot of the life out of it. Also didnt get the whole "make loot more abundant whilst taking away random rolls".

Random rolls would thrive in Destiny 2 just considering the amount of loot you get in general. Plus leveling up a weapon made you use it and see if you like how it handled or if it was a trash weapon in your eyes.

Legendaries are so fucking generic in Destiny 2 it isn't even funny. Every weapon in Destiny 1 felt like you HAD to use it and level it up whether you liked it or not. Destiny 2 I find myself trashing every other gun because legendaries are so abundant and all the same, no individuality at all.

I've been a bit down on Destiny 2 lately and it's funny because I haven't played it in almost a month now. I haven't even seen the raid challenges, missed the Faction Rally, and I'm not playing this Iron Banner either. Jon Weisnewski is one of the lead designers who is in charge of the sandbox and he's the one who is famous for the 4% buff to auto-rifles actually being a .04% buff. Anyways, he did an interview on Crucible Radio a few days ago and the shit that comes out his mouth is absolutely mind boggling. I think it's obvious this game probably won't get much better if the things he said are actually the philosophy that Bungie is sticking to... Reddit did a good job compiling some of his most bizarre comments so I'll link it here. If you have a chance to watch the video I highly recommend it... almost unreal to hear this guy say some of this stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7f1e71/crucible_radio_ep_126_ft_jon_weisnewski/

"- Sunshot = Firefly (too bad they had to take it away from Legendaries)
- purposely reduced our access to high powered weapons to make the Crucible and the whole game better (wat)
- moving secondaries to the power slot sucks but makes those moments more "potent"
- focus on combined weapon loadout vs single-weapon-focused loadout
- nerfing of cooldowns supposed to increase potency of the moments when you get to use them
- slowing down TTK helps us decide what we should do at that moment (thanks!)
- wanted to make PvP more exciting to watch on Twitch (I nearly spit out my coffee at this one)
- team shooting doesn't put stress on us to land shots (lol holy shit at this one)
- Wardcliff coil was supposed to be in D1 but it didn't have the proper launch platform
- random to fixed rolls: random rolls too difficult to talk about with friends (no... seriously), fixed rolls better for casuals
- players get items quickly and easily on purpose: for casuals and to attract new players to the game, tough shit for people who want to grind
- random rolls too complicated to balance in PvP, goal to make fewer guns but spend more time on them and make them have their own identity/role (valid argument IMO, and I loved random rolls)
- subclass set paths easier for us!!! "advanced players" pair their subclass with Exotics (= "depth")
- "the depth is still there" (coffee spit-take somehow avoided)
- ricochet rounds greatly help range
- intrinsic weapon perks taken directly from D1 (Lightweight = lightweight, Rapid = spray and play, Precision = counterbalance, Aggressive = high caliber rounds)
- high caliber rounds flinch greatly multiplied if you/your opponent is moving and is also scaled by weapon damage
- every weapon has a degree of hcr (affecting both outgoing and incoming flinch)"

I've been a bit down on Destiny 2 lately and it's funny because I haven't played it in almost a month now. I haven't even seen the raid challenges, missed the Faction Rally, and I'm not playing this Iron Banner either. Jon Weisnewski is one of the lead designers who is in charge of the sandbox and he's the one who is famous for the 4% buff to auto-rifles actually being a .04% buff. Anyways, he did an interview on Crucible Radio a few days ago and the shit that comes out his mouth is absolutely mind boggling. I think it's obvious this game probably won't get much better if the things he said are actually the philosophy that Bungie is sticking to... Reddit did a good job compiling some of his most bizarre comments so I'll link it here. If you have a chance to watch the video I highly recommend it... almost unreal to hear this guy say some of this stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7f1e71/crucible_radio_ep_126_ft_jon_weisnewski/

"- Sunshot = Firefly (too bad they had to take it away from Legendaries)
- purposely reduced our access to high powered weapons to make the Crucible and the whole game better (wat)
- moving secondaries to the power slot sucks but makes those moments more "potent"
- focus on combined weapon loadout vs single-weapon-focused loadout
- nerfing of cooldowns supposed to increase potency of the moments when you get to use them
- slowing down TTK helps us decide what we should do at that moment (thanks!)
- wanted to make PvP more exciting to watch on Twitch (I nearly spit out my coffee at this one)
- team shooting doesn't put stress on us to land shots (lol holy shit at this one)
- Wardcliff coil was supposed to be in D1 but it didn't have the proper launch platform
- random to fixed rolls: random rolls too difficult to talk about with friends (no... seriously), fixed rolls better for casuals
- players get items quickly and easily on purpose: for casuals and to attract new players to the game, tough shit for people who want to grind
- random rolls too complicated to balance in PvP, goal to make fewer guns but spend more time on them and make them have their own identity/role (valid argument IMO, and I loved random rolls)
- subclass set paths easier for us!!! "advanced players" pair their subclass with Exotics (= "depth")
- "the depth is still there" (coffee spit-take somehow avoided)
- ricochet rounds greatly help range
- intrinsic weapon perks taken directly from D1 (Lightweight = lightweight, Rapid = spray and play, Precision = counterbalance, Aggressive = high caliber rounds)
- high caliber rounds flinch greatly multiplied if you/your opponent is moving and is also scaled by weapon damage
- every weapon has a degree of hcr (affecting both outgoing and incoming flinch)"
so to put it simple we only care about pvp and how much ppl we can get to buy our game from watching twitch streams. It's nice to know where these fucktards stand when it comes to their player base which they seem to think is made up of elementary aged school kids with learning disabilities.

so bungie was fucking players out of xp gains and datto shows up to make excuse for them does bungie pay him to be their mouth piece?

so bungie was fucking players out of xp gains and datto shows up to make excuse for them does bungie pay him to be their mouth piece?

The xp system they had in place, like everything else, favored casuals or people who only had an hour or so to play at a time. You would get the full xp for doing strikes / crucible / raid, but they would only scale down the xp if you were doing repetitive, low-level stuff like public events. This way you could log on for a half hour and still get full xp for doing a public event or two. I think the reality is that most people probably weren't effected by this scaling down issue at all, and it was designed to dissuade people from exploiting any kind of "infinite xp" glitch were one ever found.

Datto's video explained the issue pretty clearly but I don't recall him making any excuses for Bungie... wanna timestamp his video where you feel like he did this?

It's not wrong, if you're a bad player you don't understand how the game works. Tired of hearing how shit players enjoy this meta because it's been dumbed down for little kids. Games dying for a reason and forced luke smith to speak up after lirik called out bungie. Bungie is a perfect example of a SJW company. They hate the individual and want everyone to look/be the same.

And now a free game has taken over popularity in terms of population and twitch viewers. Everyone on console and PC is playing fortnite. Yes, a free game is killing it right Now. They actually have devs that communicate frequently with their playerbase. If you told me fucking fortnite would be more popular than d2 a year ago you would have been laughed at, but here we are.

The xp system they had in place, like everything else, favored casuals or people who only had an hour or so to play at a time. You would get the full xp for doing strikes / crucible / raid, but they would only scale down the xp if you were doing repetitive, low-level stuff like public events. This way you could log on for a half hour and still get full xp for doing a public event or two. I think the reality is that most people probably weren't effected by this scaling down issue at all, and it was designed to dissuade people from exploiting any kind of "infinite xp" glitch were one ever found.

Datto's video explained the issue pretty clearly but I don't recall him making any excuses for Bungie... wanna timestamp his video where you feel like he did this?
pretty much 1:40 forward maybe I just think he's a bungie lapdog so everything he says sound like him sticking up for them or making excuses. Him explaining the whole thing as well bungie is doing this so casuals get their xp from a couple events where ppl who play more then an hour at a time will be throttled so they can't farm xp is bs. Just him making it sound like it isn't a big deal which it wouldn't be if it wasn't tied to eververse seeing how it is tied to their online store it just seems like another way to push microtransactions. Him having to come out and say anything that sounds pro bungie or pro activision isn't unless other wise stated blah blah blah just makes it sound like it is. This isn't a loot cave type thing this is bungie intentionally nerfing xp gains for the people who rather do pve shit outside of the strikes or the raid and this datto guy saying it's understandable because public event are already too generous.

And now a free game has taken over popularity in terms of population and twitch viewers. Everyone on console and PC is playing fortnite. Yes, a free game is killing it right Now. They actually have devs that communicate frequently with their playerbase. If you told me fucking fortnite would be more popular than d2 a year ago you would have been laughed at, but here we are.
I'm sure D3 will look like PUBG or Fortnite Battle Royale just like I'm sure D2 was suppose to resemble Overwatch in some way.

Wednesday could be the final nail in the coffin. Interested to see how this plays out.
Umm, a free-to-play game is the biggest game in the world, by vast amounts. Not surprising that another free-to-play game, which is based around a game type that is currently insanely popular, has overtaken a fps like Destiny.
I'm sure D3 will look like PUBG or Fortnite Battle Royale just like I'm sure D2 was suppose to resemble Overwatch in some way.
D2 resembles Overwatch in about zero ways.

D2 resembles Overwatch in about zero ways.
I said "suppose to"
Overwatch is a team based objective shooter where there are different classes that are there to buff / help a team get the objective.

Destiny 2 is a team based objective shooter because soloing it in pvp blows you have different classes to buff / help as long as it isn't a hunter to help get the objective.

How much views do you think Overwatch took from Destiny and how pissed do you think they got that a game like Overwatch was able to do that with nothing but a bare boned game with just pvp on what like 4 maps with simple combat.

So they took away the throttling but made it where you need 160k xp to level vs the 80k from before I really hope they have some good shit to say in the next stream.

it took me about an hour and a half to level from a fresh start not farming public events just running patrols and doing the daily misson things so not as bad as I thought it would be.

Last edited:
I'm going to play tonight but to be honest, after my three-week ban that I had (which was over on the 20th) I am not really missing it at all. Just not pumped on it. Our clan has 70 supposed members, about 35 or 40 bought D2, and at any given time you'd be lucky now to see more than 6 on at once.

Looking like everybody in here has already got them "Destiny 2 Blues." haha DLC stream tomorrow at 11am Pacific so we'll see what news they bring, and then we have the DLC release next Tuesday (Dec 5) so it's kind of a "make / break it moment" for Bungie. If Curse of Osiris isn't a great update with tons of quality of life changes I think this game might not actually make it much longer.

SC Slayerage just posted a good video about his views on the weapon system (primary / energy / power vs D1's of primary / secondary / heavy) and I generally agree. Though I wish he didn't go so childish when defining the primary / energy weapons as "suck ass weapons" it is still a good video.

Looking like everybody in here has already got them "Destiny 2 Blues." haha DLC stream tomorrow at 11am Pacific so we'll see what news they bring, and then we have the DLC release next Tuesday (Dec 5) so it's kind of a "make / break it moment" for Bungie. If Curse of Osiris isn't a great update with tons of quality of life changes I think this game might not actually make it much longer.

SC Slayerage just posted a good video about his views on the weapon system (primary / energy / power vs D1's of primary / secondary / heavy) and I generally agree. Though I wish he didn't go so childish when defining the primary / energy weapons as "suck ass weapons" it is still a good video.

what's wrong with suck ass weapons? I was all happy to get that dead orbit scout rifle that was like 240 rof and full auto and tried it in the IB guess what it sucked ass only did like 13 dmg per round that's bad.

It's not a dlc stream anymore lol. They cancelled that and are going to address other shit. Do or die for them tomorrow.

It's not a dlc stream anymore lol. They cancelled that and are going to address other shit. Do or die for them tomorrow.

Looks like the stream is still going as planned, but Luke Smith will be on hand to answer some questions and try and quiet the fervor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back