Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good recap of today's stream by Bungie about the activities in Curse of Osiris :

Not looking very amazing to be honest.... certainly bored with this game and Curse of Osiris isn't giving me any real reason to come back.

maybe if enough players stop playing they'll stop catering to the wrong ppl then agian they seem to only really care about what streamers say anyways.

maybe if enough players stop playing they'll stop catering to the wrong ppl then agian they seem to only really care about what streamers say anyways.
They've lost a lot of those too. Tons of people who made their names on Destiny are scrambling to find other games to stream to keep their viewers and subs. Tons of former Destiny streamers have jumped to games like Fortnite or PUBG.

LOTS of streamers have had to leave Destiny but that's not really Bungie's fault... people cried for 3 years to make PvP balanced so they did... now people are crying because a great player can't carry a full team and pull off 1v4's left and right. I think D2 is the game we all begged for and now we're still crying because it's not the game we really wanted.

I'm not going to lie; I was fully on board with the sniper nerfs and the shotgun nerfs ; no reason people should have 1-shot-kill weapons for an entire game. I'm not happy with the current system of all 1-shot-kill weapons being locked behind power ammo which we all have to fight for, but it certainly has given the less skilled players a chance. Nothing worse than just getting into PvP and you can't stop rushing / blinking / sliding shotgunners, people camping at the spawn hard scoping, and then juggernaut Titans rushing you and making incredible left / right movements with the Twilight Garrison. Mind you this is all the while you're dodging a constant barrage of grenades and throwing knives. It was tough to learn and I know it turned off quite a few people.. the only reason I ever got into PvP (and I still sucked) was during TTK the Iron Banner Rank 3 package was guaranteeing a 310 artifact and I needed one badly.

I personally enjoy the PvP of D2 but that's really only because I'm always playing in a fireteam and having a good time shooting the shit with my raiding crew. Going in solo isn't as much fun, though I do well enough, as I really believe that Destiny is a social game.

LOTS of streamers have had to leave Destiny but that's not really Bungie's fault... people cried for 3 years to make PvP balanced so they did... now people are crying because a great player can't carry a full team and pull off 1v4's left and right. I think D2 is the game we all begged for and now we're still crying because it's not the game we really wanted.

I'm not going to lie; I was fully on board with the sniper nerfs and the shotgun nerfs ; no reason people should have 1-shot-kill weapons for an entire game. I'm not happy with the current system of all 1-shot-kill weapons being locked behind power ammo which we all have to fight for, but it certainly has given the less skilled players a chance. Nothing worse than just getting into PvP and you can't stop rushing / blinking / sliding shotgunners, people camping at the spawn hard scoping, and then juggernaut Titans rushing you and making incredible left / right movements with the Twilight Garrison. Mind you this is all the while you're dodging a constant barrage of grenades and throwing knives. It was tough to learn and I know it turned off quite a few people.. the only reason I ever got into PvP (and I still sucked) was during TTK the Iron Banner Rank 3 package was guaranteeing a 310 artifact and I needed one badly.

I personally enjoy the PvP of D2 but that's really only because I'm always playing in a fireteam and having a good time shooting the shit with my raiding crew. Going in solo isn't as much fun, though I do well enough, as I really believe that Destiny is a social game.
A social game with no correct in game chat for PC. I've never seen a online multiplayer game be so lonely on PC in regards to other players. Why the fuck isn't there a region chat, area chat, fucking text chat bubbles that pop up above your head. Bungies incompetence is getting old fast.

A social game with no correct in game chat for PC. I've never seen a online multiplayer game be so lonely on PC in regards to other players. Why the fuck isn't there a region chat, area chat, fucking text chat bubbles that pop up above your head. Bungies incompetence is getting old fast.
They've claimed that was to 'protect' people from toxicity. It was a shitty decision though. That's one of my favorite aspects of gaming on PC, like I would love to be able to type in chat and shit talk every Nightstalker that crutches invis and Last Hope, but since I can't I have to settle for bagging everyone that I kill.

I really hated snipers in the first game it didn't matter if they was hardscoping or quickscoping I hated them then with the NLB in y3. Now though does anybody snipe in pvp anymore them locking them in the power weapon slot and having that radar delay after aiming really neutered them.

Going in solo isn't as much fun, though I do well enough, as I really believe that Destiny is a social game.

Destiny 2 is the least social online multiplayer game I've ever played. Diablo 1 in 1996 was more social.

Not really feeling this dlc ... damn shame

Good recap of today's stream by Bungie about the activities in Curse of Osiris :

Not looking very amazing to be honest.... certainly bored with this game and Curse of Osiris isn't giving me any real reason to come back.

Here's where I'm at with the game. We already knew that this DLC was coming, it's not interesting. Tell us how you plan to fix the game. Tell us the shit we don't already know.

Bungie please just sell this ip to blizzard...bungie isn't the same company that produced halo. If we want Destiny to be it's full potential we need to give it to a more competent developer.

WTF they are selling this for $27 at GameStop and comes with Cayde-6 figure $30 at Best Buy and Target $35 at Toys R Us is that normal?

WTF they are selling this for $27 at GameStop and comes with Cayde-6 figure $30 at Best Buy and Target $35 at Toys R Us is that normal?
Black Friday sales. The new Call of Duty is apparently around that price as well.

Can you explain WHY you like them and how they have made the game better in your opinion? Not breaking balls but I really can't see how they make the game better in any shape / form / fashion.

*sigh*
Everytime I get into this, it takes a wall of text. Then, inevitably, some dude says "This isn't Call of Duty, it's RPG, shitbucket! Do you want to remove all the elements that make this an RPG games? Go play CoD, noob", so to be honest, I am tired of explaining this.

But because I know you, I will go through it.

Firstly, I don't think fixed rolls are the solution. I also thing random rolls are retarded.

The game is set in a future where we can fly ships to different planets, but we can't install the optic of our choice on the weapon of our choice. THAT, in itself, is retarded. I have felt that way since day one.

Why I hate RNG weapon rolls:
Take any gun you want, and subject it to the whims of RNG. Now you have a weapon that comes off the shelf with random attributes that make that weapon behave completely differently from another one of it's exact same type; yet you have no control over it.

It's not as if you installed a foregrip to manage handling, or a muzzle break to manage muzzle lift, or installed extended mags for a few extra rounds. No. Your gun operates and handles completely differently from my gun, even though they are the exact same gun, and that makes for uneven playing grounds.
Whether anyone agrees with me or not is not my concern. The bottom line is, if the guns roll out randomly with randon stats that have a serious imipact on how they handle, you are not keeping the playing field even. People are going to be at an advantage or disadvantage based on the luck of their roll.

Add to that, the fact that you can't just put on whatever attachments you want is just fucking retarded to begin with IMO, as I stated earlier. It makes literally no sense at all.
Oftentimes when I talk about this, people justify RNG by saying they like the grind, and the feeling of reward, for finally forging that God roll, or having that God roll drop as loot.

I respect that you may enjoy that, but it doesn't change the fact that RNG stats make the playing field uneven, and it doesn;t address the issue of having a certain weapon that you love, but you hate the sight and can't change it. Also, if you need "something to chase" in order to enjoy a video game, you're going to run out of video games to play in a hurry.

Why I feel fixed rolls are an improvement over RNG rolls:
Just a reminder, I feel that you should be able to change all attachments as you please, but since we can't;
Fixed rolls make sense to me in lieu of not being able to actually change your weapon loadout. In the Destiny universe, there are manufacturers (Omolon, Suros, Veist) and they release weapons.

Fixed rolls keep the playing field even. That Auto Rifle you have from Suros handles exactly the same as the Auto Rifle that I have from Suros, because we have teh same model - And that model of weapon is ONLY available with that particular loadout.

There are no other options available for that Auto Rifle, because (since we haven;t figured out how to modify our own weapons in D2, even though we have a gunsmith) when Suros produced that model, they only made it one way and offer no mondifications from the stock model.

This keeps the playing field even. Now the battles come down to skill and experience, not God-roll fortune.

Where D2 is lackluster is the fact that so many of the weapons handle the same as the other, and they haven't come up with enough variety.

But do you know what? I don't need much. I run the same shit once I know what I like. I run the Scathelocke with the Seven-Six-Five and a Rocket Launcher at almost all times in the Crucible, regardless of the weapon drops I get.

My stance on this whole thing is that you should be able to put on whatever attachments you want (up to a certain amount). yeah sure, maybe some sort of attachment-unlocking system could be put in place or whatever, but you should still have the choice to keep your M-14 with the wooden stock and iron sights, or put an Arch-Angel stock on it with a bi-pod and a scope.

@StabbyMcHatchet ,

I don't agree at all, but thanks for the post. Different perks fit different play styles so fixed rolls force me to choose : favorite weapon, or favorite roll. Why can't I have both? Everything has been significantly toned down, grenades and melees do very little damage, and abilities take forever to recharge. Perks in D2 are also toned down and don't have much of an impact like they did in D1. All of this combined and me having my favorite gun with my favorite perk isn't going to skew the balance at all.

Just my take on things but D2 needs a massive injection of fun / endgame / something to do, and I don't think more raid encounters on the Leviathan are going to cut it. Same with Trials... it's already at a very low player population. People loved random rolls because it was an opportunity to get a weapon which better suited your particular play style. People already have a few weapons which work for them, so it's not like they're screwed until their particular god-roll shows up.

D1 was all about chasing shit but it was mostly exotics. Now that exotics flow like water it's not difficult chasing them and who really wants to chase them anyways? Very few are exciting to use and even fewer have an exotic perk which is really useful. With the amount of loot in D2 why not give us random rolls because who wants their 20th Nameless Midnight? It's 100% useless in every single sense of the word and with the fixed roll there's not even a chance that it could be useful. I really don't think that perks are going to unbalance PvP in D2... everything is so slow that no matter your perk set it might give you a slightly better chance at winning certain engagements, but there's no set of perks right now that are close to some of the perk combos we had in D1. Anyways, vendors almost always sold carbon copies of the illustrious god-roll perks that people creamed their pants about, but it was still exciting to get your personal god roll on your favorite weapon.

@StabbyMcHatchet ,

I don't agree at all, but thanks for the post. Different perks fit different play styles so fixed rolls force me to choose : favorite weapon, or favorite roll. Why can't I have both?
This would be a non-issue if you were allowed to take your favorite weapon and attach your favorite modifications, which is how it should have been from the start. RNG weapon stats are absolutely asinine.

why not just have a weapon modding system like in Fallout 4 change the stocks, forearms, grips, receivers, barrels, calibers, sights, optics, and so on. I mean you're already running around collecting materials and resources and have a gunsmith in the tower. Damn near every event after you reach 265 is useless to do so have those things hand out component materials so you'll have a reason to do adventures and lost sectors. Then agian that would be too rpgish to much grinding for the FPS people.

Good players never had issues with random rolls in gun fights because good players know when to engage, when to disengage, when to use nades properly, knowing when to switch with your team mate because your shields are low, how to use your gun in its intented range. If you barely have a 1.0 kd your opinion on this subject has no merit. Fixed rolls are destroying the game by all metrics and the people defending it are a small minority. *drops mic* go play halo. This game has been dumbed down severely by making the skill gap small as possible. Bungie wants people to be able to start the game up and do decent without putting it any real effort on trying to improve. The people defending this game are the low skill players, because it favors them. God forbid they actually learn how to play the game without spamming autorifles.

Good players never had issues with random rolls in gun fights because good players know when to engage, when to disengage, when to use nades properly, knowing when to switch with your team mate because your shields are low, how to use your gun in its intented range. If you barely have a 1.0 kd your opinion on this subject has no merit. Fixed rolls are destroying the game by all metrics and the people defending it are a small minority. *drops mic* go play halo. This game has been dumbed down severely by making the skill gap small as possible. Bungie wants people to be able to start the game up and do decent without putting it any real effort on trying to improve. The people defending this game are the low skill players, because it favors them. God forbid they actually learn how to play the game without spamming autorifles.

Oh. The master has spoken. No one else can talk about their opinions anymore guys. Mr l33t has laid down the law.

*sigh*
Everytime I get into this, it takes a wall of text. Then, inevitably, some dude says...

...Go play CoD, noob"

*drops mic* go play halo.

Same small minded shitty comment.

Static rolls didn't ruin this game. Bungie ruined this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back