Democrats don’t have anyone who could beat Paul Ryan in 2020 for President

"didnt" win in a sarcastic tone -- forget that sarcasm sometimes does not transfer online

By different animal do you mean a different kind of rhetorician? Yeah -- but Trump laid out the blue print for the next GOP candidate to follow

Do the dems have someone who can convey a better representative than Hillary?
I really suck at picking up sarcasm online, so it could be me.

Trump is different in so many ways we can do a thread on just that but one of the huge differences is that Trump successful ran on being anti-establishment, drain the swamp blah blah. Ryan is a career politician and looks/talks like one. He is the swamp (Koch brothers are a big fan of his, for example). So I hear you but I think there are very few people that can pull off what Trump did. I mean, can someone really follow Trumps blue print? I doubt it. Let’s remember Trump beat all those establishment guys too. Let’s also consider that the Trump experiment could end very badly.

I’m not sure at this point, too early for their candidates to really materialize. Maybe they don’t have a great candidate, but if we’re taking Ryan as the hypothetical guy they don’t need a great one to win.

LOL @ thinking Trump isn't running again.

Whatever side of the aisle you're on, you must realize that the only thing that will stop Trump from running in 2020, is death.
Or that he knows he’ll lose.

I really suck at picking up sarcasm online, so it could be me.

Trump is different in so many ways we can do a thread on just that but one of the huge differences is that Trump successful ran on being anti-establishment, drain the swamp blah blah. Ryan is a career politician and looks/talks like one. He is the swamp (Koch brothers are a big fan of his, for example). So I hear you but I think there are very few people that can pull off what Trump did. I mean, can someone really follow Trumps blue print? I doubt it. Let’s remember Trump beat all those establishment guys too. Let’s also consider that the Trump experiment could end very badly.

I’m not sure at this point, too early for their candidates to really materialize. Maybe they don’t have a great candidate, but if we’re taking Ryan as the hypothetical guy they don’t need a great one to win.

Yeah but he could go ultra low brow which seems to sway voters. You make a good point that he is establishment and that could hurt him - but the nationalistic rhetoric blue print has been established.

Honestly, do you think that thought ever enters Trump's head?
We know it does (he expected to lose the last election and was surprised he won).

I can see a scenario where he says he accomplished everything he said he would and hangs it up after one term.

Ryan is such a D-bag! I can't see him having the likability but I said the same thing about Trump so don't listen to me. After Trump and his misinformation campaign against the American people just about any Republican will look good. This will be a problem for the democrats.

time_paulryan_20111205_0373.jpg

time_paulryan_20111205_0402.jpg

Ryan is an ass.

Yeah but he could go ultra low brow which seems to sway voters. You make a good point that he is establishment and that could hurt him - but the nationalistic rhetoric blue print has been established.
Imo if Ryan tried to be like Trump in that way he would totally bomb. But I take your last point and agree that other candidates could (and likely will) take that path. I just don’t think Ryan could pull it off. Could be wrong of course.

Even some liberals I know have a favorable opinion of Paul Ryan. The guy is pretty balanced and has amazing qualifications. Even though I like President Trump I think that he will opt out of running in 2020 as he has already accomplished so much. Paul Ryan is the logical candidate for the GOP and I really don’t see anyone who could come close to beating him.

Nikki Haley is being groomed for the job.

We know it does (he expected to lose the last election and was surprised he won).

According to who?

Some network did an interview with him days after, and he expressed that he was actually surprised at the early exit polls being as bad as they were, because he had run such a great campaign.

I can see a scenario where he says he accomplished everything he said he would and hangs it up after one term.

Never. I don't know who you're watching. All opinions of the job he's doing aside, Trump is an egomaniac. An egomaniac who had his already inflated ego, blown up to a ridiculous, unimaginable degree, by winning a Presidency the entire world told him he couldn't.

We've all got our opinions on the guy, but if you've been watching and paying attention to how he operates, I have no idea how you, or anyone else, can come to the conclusion that he will not run again.

Please quit lying to yourself bud.

According to who?

Some network did an interview with him days after, and he expressed that he was actually surprised at the early exit polls being as bad as they were, because he had run such a great campaign.

Never. I don't know who you're watching. All opinions of the job he's doing aside, Trump is an egomaniac. An egomaniac who had his already inflated ego, blown up to a ridiculous, unimaginable degree, by winning a Presidency the entire world told him he couldn't.

We've all got our opinions on the guy, but if you've been watching and paying attention to how he operates, I have no idea how you, or anyone else, can come to the conclusion that he will not run again.
I agree he’s an egomaniac, which is actually why I can imagine him hanging it up after one term. He’s smart enough to know he can lose.

Please quit lying to yourself bud.
I’m being totally honest actually. Yes, I’m hoping he doesn’t run a second term but I obviously know it’s possible, maybe even likely. But all I’m saying is it’s possible he doesn’t either.

I agree he’s an egomaniac, which is actually why I can imagine him hanging it up after one term. He’s smart enough to know he can lose.

I repeat, never.

You think he's doing those post-election campaign rallies for kicks? His approval rating could drop to 1%, and he'll be there in 2020.

Me thinks this is a bit of wishful thinking on your part.

I repeat, never.

You think he's doing those post-election campaign rallies for kicks? His approval rating could drop to 1%, and he'll be there in 2020.

Me thinks this is a bit of wishful thinking on your part.
Maybe a bit. In all honesty I think that’s he best scenario. But all I’m saying is it’s possible. You’re saying it isn’t, which I’d say really is wishful thinking. Just imagine if Dems take one or both houses this year. It’s not going to be fun to be Trump.

The Dems, if they're smart, will run a woman candidate and one not named Hillary. If Republicans want to have a chance against that they will too.

It's inevitable we will have a woman President, it's just a race to see which side gets there first.

If the Republicans really want to throw a monkeywrench into the works they need to find a conservative black woman to get behind. Now that, that would be interesting to see unfold. Might make for some curious political maneuvering to see the Democratic party attempt to pick her apart.

Are Tulsi and Uncle Bernie still pals? I haven't heard much from her lately but she could be a force with his backing.

Also
Tulsi > Paul Ryan in the cage or the streets imo

he's Already running for 2020(and will win .. more emphatically than last time) .. op's living in a cave apparently

Back