Democrats are insane if they pick racist Keith Ellison as DNC chair. Many people will leave party

Had he been a Christian or agnostic, but was praising Louie Farrakhan, I would feel the same way.

Farrakhan has praised Hitler calling him a great man.

And Ellison has ties to this guy? What person who isn't at least sympathetic to Farrakhan would then associate with him?

Another reason why @VivaRevolution support for Ellison doesn't make sense.

Bernie supports Ellison cause he is probably unaware of his past or a fool thinking the guy has changed.

She is pragmatist who wants to end ISIS and not empower it like Obama did.

The Turks and many other intelligence agencies and leaks show that the US was arming terrorists under Obama to fight Assad.

But of course if you aren't a dumb turd you would realize it is possible and has happened before. For example we armed the Taliban and did business with them in the late 70s onward.

She also probably doesn't have the racist and antisemitic ties that Obama had armed that Ellison clearly has.
I do not even know how to respond to some of the ridiculous bullshit in this post. Jesus christ man.

I do not even know how to respond to some of the ridiculous bullshit in this post. Jesus christ man.

I edited it. It wasn't an insult towards you.

I just meant that if a person doesn't have their head in the sand then it is totally possible to believe that the US has armed terrorists before.

Also are you seriously going to deny that the U.S. Government has funded terrorist before? Because that is a fact.

He is worse though his association with Farrakhan is way worse than anyone that Trump has confirmed contacts with and same with Sessions.

Look I don't doubt that Sessions is a racist I said above that people like that don't change so likewise I really doubt that Ellison has changed. Farrakhan has advocated genocide, and promotes insane conspiracy theories often ones involving Jews and the 'protocols of zion'. He also falsely claimed that Jews ran the slave trade.

Huh? Trump has a fucking racist, anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist running policy in the White House.

Ellison's "association" with Farrakhan is non-existent. He participated in some event that also included the NOI years before he got elected to Congress. He has since denounced the NOI, Farrakhan and anti-Semitism repeatedly. There's no evidence whatsoever that he's tried to push discriminatory legislation.

Sessions, on the other hand, engaged in a malicious prosecution of civil rights activists for voter fraud. While he's toned down the racist rhetoric in the past thirty years, he's remained committed to policies that would have the effect of disproportionately suppressing the minority vote. That was the issue that should have been pressed harder during his confirmation. (Not that it would have made a difference.)

Anyway, with all of the real bigots in the GOP right now, singling out Ellison is fucking laughable. The third highest ranking member of the House GOP caucus openly referred to himself as "David Duke without the baggage" and never disavowed the comment.

So fuck off with the phoney outrage about someone as vanilla as Ellison.

Last edited:
Had to look that up, but I'm seeing that he publicly denounced the NoI in 2006. I don't have a position on the pick (except to say that I don't really care who organizes fundraisers and conventions for Democrats--they don't even need an actual Democrat for it, IMO--get Martha Stewart) or know much about Ellison, but I think generally the game of so-and-so was a member of such-and-such group that he now denounces is a dumb way to make decisions about so-and-so. Same applies, for example, to Trump's SCOTUS pick being a college fascist. There are exceptions, but if Ellison is one, why?

It's about bad optics and giving one's opponent unnecessary ammunition. It's strictly a matter of political strategy. Something you should relate to even more than me since the game and intrigue of Washington is more your bag.

Bernie supports Ellison cause he is probably unaware of his past or a fool thinking the guy has changed.

Bernie probably supports Ellison because he considers him the most progressive of those actually in realistic contention. Because Bernie doesn't really "play politics" and fully accepts Keith's retraction of his former support.

But it's a wide open weak point that dems absolutely do not need to add to their burden at this point.

It's about bad optics and giving one's opponent unnecessary ammunition. It's strictly a matter of political strategy. Something you should relate to even more than me since the game and intrigue of Washington is more your bag.

There's no point in the Democrats consistently shooting themselves in the foot to appease Republicans. Republicans are going to attack anybody who's picked for leadership in the most extreme manner possible.

The GOP spent years demonizing an overly conciliatory, center-right corporate shill in Obama as some sort of leftist radical who was deliberately working undermine the integrity of the United States.

The proper strategy is to pick leadership who will actually push policies that will get a large percentage of the country to stop voting against their own financial interests.

Bernie probably supports Ellison because he considers him the most progressive of those actually in realistic contention. Because Bernie doesn't really "play politics" and fully accepts Keith's retraction of his former support.

But it's a wide open weak point that dems absolutely do not need to add to their burden at this point.
Any person (the right) who is going to attack Ellison is just going to use the muslim thing against him. Shit, they did it to Obama for near a decade and he was not even muslim.

It literally does not matter who it is.

Any person (the right) who is going to attack Ellison is just going to use the muslim thing against him. Shit, they did it to Obama for near a decade and he was not even muslim.

It literally does not matter who it is.
That and he hates America.

You forget that Trump is better for Israel than Hillary and that Republicans as a whole are more supportive of Israel than Democrats.

You also forget that Hillary is a Russian Hawk, and that I love Eurasian countries and history. So if I voted purely on foreign policy I would of picked Trump who wants better ties with the Eastern world and namely Russia and who is a staunch supporter of the Jewish state.
151106155141-netanyahu-clinton-10-super-169.jpg

I care pretty much exclusively about policy. Not at all about "optics" or any of this team spirit crap.

And let's be serious. Four out of five voters couldn't pick DWS, Preibus, Steele, Brazile, etc. out of a lineup. That's not even an exaggeration--I'm just guessing a little less than the number who know who the VP is at any time. The NC chairs aren't the face of the party or the leader of the party or anything like that; they hire party planners and shit and do bitch work in terms of promotions (including being on shitty talk shows). I wasn't kidding when I said that I'd be fine with Martha Stewart getting the job.

Personally, given the climate, I think Keith is also the wrong guy at this time due to his Muslim religious affiliation. Rightly or wrongly, the left needs to accept a certain political reality if they want to win elections.

Personally, given the climate, I think Keith is also the wrong guy at this time due to his Muslim religious affiliation. Rightly or wrongly, the left needs to accept a certain political reality if they want to win elections.
I think you are giving way too much credence to the influence the dnc chair holds. No one gives a shit, unless they suck at their job. Like Shultz did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back