Demian Maia was robbed

Nope, contract negotiations is when they'll flick him.

Lol, nah I was stoked for Maia's shot but I'd had 50mins of my life robbed from me and now it's 75. If I'm on my deathbed I know I'll be thinking "if only I didn't watch those 3 woodley fights" won't be 4 until I start reading excitement in the play by play.

Ok but you'll watch every fight he ever has from here on out guaranteed.

Maia must be cut from the UFC and Tyrone should be stripped of the belt.

I meant on his contract, probably should have made that clear.
Just one fight on his current contract
He had an eight fight deal signed before he fought Rory, and unless I counted wrong (which I may have I might have counted Wonderboy twice or something) this was his 7th fight. He renegotiated when he became champion, as is customary, but kept the fight total. So he has one more bout on his current deal.

No idea but I hope he turns it around the next couple of fights otherwise I'll be saying too many
I already think it has been too many. But...it's frustrating, Woodley has it in him to have OK fights or good fights.

Ok but you'll watch every fight he ever has from here on out guaranteed.

Got 50 I won't :)

I'm done, if it's a heavy hitter or Robbie I'll watch the next one but otherwise I'm too old to flitter away more of my life.

Personally I want to like him but he's getting a bit primadonna like with all the crap he's talking.

Just one fight on his current contract
He had an eight fight deal signed before he fought Rory, and unless I counted wrong (which I may have I might have counted Wonderboy twice or something) this was his 7th fight. He renegotiated when he became champion, as is customary, but kept the fight total. So he has one more bout on his current deal.
Huh....no wonder he wants a money fight, he may be unemployed in the future.

Got 50 I won't :)

I'm done, if it's a heavy hitter or Robbie I'll watch the next one but otherwise I'm too old to glitter away more of my life.

Personally I want to like him but he's gwtting a bit primadonna like with all the crap he's talking.

Ok, we'll see if you talk about him after his next fight.

Huh....no wonder he wants a money fight, he may be unemployed in the future.

They won't cut him unless he loses, but it certainly shows why he's been so eager not to lose his belt. They won't cut champions for anything other than behavior, and he's currently in the UFC's 3rd highest pay bracket at 500k guaranteed a fight. If he loses before his new deal, they're for sure going to tank his pay or let him go. But he'll probably have to rebound with something exciting for this last fight if he expects any kind of increase.

I already think it has been too many. But...it's frustrating, Woodley has it in him to have OK fights or good fights.

In fairness hes been a hl reel knockout and knows he's got a shelf life..... But the money is generally tied to the fight excitement as well as everything else (look at Hunt Etc) love McGregor or not he walks his talk and his remuneration shows this

They won't cut him unless he loses, but it certainly shows why he's been so eager not to lose his belt. They won't cut champions for anything other than behavior, and he's currently in the UFC's 3rd highest pay bracket at 500k guaranteed a fight. If he loses before his new deal, they're for sure going to tank his pay or let him go. But he'll probably have to rebound with something exciting for this last fight if he expects any kind of increase.

Probably true.

Also probably true that you're morally above me. I'm a rat bastard.

he was going forward but he got punched doing it and couldnt get a takedown

it was a horrible fight and I dont like woodley, but no way maia won

They both should be shipped off to Bellator for fighting so terribly.

They're both boring as fuck.

Exactly!

Effective defense is ITS OWN REWARD, the reward being the chance to generate scoring offense
You don't get points for stuffing takedowns, your reward is not being on your back - you actually have to do something after

Are you saying that defense SHOULDN'T be scored or that it ISN'T? One is an opinion, and the other is incorrect. You should read up on MMA judging. Effective defense is criteria for round-by-round scoring.

Back