Demian Maia vs Derrick Lewis

I bet it was real funny in your head.

IRL if they were to fight I think Maia would at least make it competitive, beast has piss poor TDD and despite the weight difference Maia would probably handle him on the ground.

Dunno the poster, but irl, interesting question.

I mean, roll for a leg if youre maia?

If Maia somehow was able to get his back, he'd get the RNC for sure. But there's no way Maia could get him down.

Maia goes for a single leg and either gets TKOd or subs him in the first.

Am I crazy in saying that I give Maia a chance at winning this fight if he just pulls guard to start the fight off.

Lewis has some ferocious GnP but he needs to get Maia unconscious with his first two GnP shots to win.

If Lewis spent more than ten seconds on the ground with Maia he's getting choked out.

Am I crazy in saying that I give Maia a chance at winning this fight if he just pulls guard to start the fight off.

Lewis has some ferocious GnP but he needs to get Maia unconscious with his first two GnP shots to win.

If Lewis spent more than ten seconds on the ground with Maia he's getting choked out.

I don't think you ever did BJJ in your life if you think Maia chokes Lewis out within 10 seconds. Weight classes exist for a reason, yes technique might eventually prevail over the bigger man and your statement might even be true if Lewis was some random 265pound guy who never fought in his life. But a trained MMA fighter, even a guy with mediocre ground skills like Lewis, who weighs that much more than his opponent? I don't care how good his BJJ is, he's going to get smashed if he goes to the ground. Maybe a slick armbar or kneebar after Lewis gets tired, but definitely not a choke and most definitely not within half a minute.

I don't think you ever did BJJ in your life if you think Maia chokes Lewis out within 10 seconds. Weight classes exist for a reason, yes technique might eventually prevail over the bigger man and your statement might even be true if Lewis was some random 265pound guy who never fought in his life. But a trained MMA fighter, even a guy with mediocre ground skills like Lewis, who weighs that much more than his opponent? I don't care how good his BJJ is, he's going to get smashed if he goes to the ground. Maybe a slick armbar or kneebar after Lewis gets tired, but definitely not a choke and most definitely not within half a minute.

It would be like Nog vs Sapp. Damien would take a beating but he’s so much better on the ground that if he got the fight there he could pull it off. But that’s IF he managed to get Lewis in his guard.

Weight classes are there for a reason but styles make fights.

IRL if they were to fight I think Maia would at least make it competitive, beast has piss poor TDD and despite the weight difference Maia would probably handle him on the ground.

Delusional lol

Back