Demian Maia vs Derrick Lewis

IRL if they were to fight I think Maia would at least make it competitive, beast has piss poor TDD and despite the weight difference Maia would probably handle him on the ground.
Didn't Maia handle Gonzaga on the ground? He'd wrap up Black Beast quick.

Maia choked out Gabriel Gonzaga in a openweight bjj fight.
However it was pure grappling so quite different.

Maia has subbed Werdum and Mir in competitions I believe.

S8rVo3b.gif

While we're talking about BB fantasy match-ups, who would win between:

Dan Severn vs Derrick Lewis? Prime versions!

Random, I know!

Look what Maia did to Sonnen, and he is a wrestler that would wrestle-fuck Black Beast with ease.

Maia would squeeze Black beasts body with a body triangle and make him tap in the first. Black beasts only chance is a power punch in the first minute. As soon as the fight hits the ground it’s over.

Mir couldn’t handle Maia on the ground...

upload_2018-11-21_14-19-2.jpeg

-Find barely amusing poster -check
-create thread to post barely amusing poster and ask stupid what if question - check
-greenbelt poster - check

Derrick Lewis vs Rachel Ostovich's Husband.
Book it Shelby.

I don't think you ever did BJJ in your life if you think Maia chokes Lewis out within 10 seconds. Weight classes exist for a reason, yes technique might eventually prevail over the bigger man and your statement might even be true if Lewis was some random 265pound guy who never fought in his life. But a trained MMA fighter, even a guy with mediocre ground skills like Lewis, who weighs that much more than his opponent? I don't care how good his BJJ is, he's going to get smashed if he goes to the ground. Maybe a slick armbar or kneebar after Lewis gets tired, but definitely not a choke and most definitely not within half a minute.
You definitely didn't understand my point. If Maia got Lewis to the ground for long enough without getting knocked out he could very well work something in his guard, probably reverse into mount.

Lewis has no ground game at all, it's actually pretty similar to a guy who's never trained in his life. His technique of "just stand the fuck up" when Maia has him mounted would result in him giving up his neck and getting choked out by a master like Maia.

You definitely didn't understand my point. If Maia got Lewis to the ground for long enough without getting knocked out he could very well work something in his guard, probably reverse into mount.

Lewis has no ground game at all, it's actually pretty similar to a guy who's never trained in his life. His technique of "just stand the fuck up" when Maia has him mounted would result in him giving up his neck and getting choked out by a master like Maia.

I understand your point very well, you said "If Lewis spent more than ten seconds on the ground with Maia he's getting choked out." and that's ridiculous. Could he submit Lewis if given enough space and time to work? Maybe but the odds of Lewis catching him with something or using his "just stand the fuck up" technique on the much smaller man, are a lot bigger.

Back