Demetrious vs Sergio Pettis would be a pretty terrible title match

These kind of posts are so laughable. He gets "over-matched" opponents, who have competitive fights with everyone else in the division, but, when they get in there with DJ, they are over-matched.

Maybe that's because DJ is just THAT good? It has nothing to do with his opponents being bad, it has everything to do with him being that damn good. You guys that go off suggesting DJ is fighting bums is beyond dumb, these guys all have competitive fights between them that are generally pretty damn good. They're cans because DJ manages to beat them all? Sick logic guy
When the majority of MMA fans hold a certain opinion, and you hold another, maybe the problem isn't with the majority? 'Over-matched opponents' is referring to when they fight DJ. Are you dense? We are aware that they are only over-matched when they fight him because he is better than the rest of the division. That is significant because he only takes fights with under-matched opponents (I.E. Opponents who are over-matched when they fight him a/k/a anyone that isn't TJ Dillashaw). Why doesn't your hero make a can of TJ then? Wouldn't that simplify the argument? Until then, I guess you're stuck rubbing one out to his twitch feed.

When the majority of MMA fans hold a certain opinion, and you hold another, maybe the problem isn't with the majority? 'Over-matched opponents' is referring to when they fight DJ. Are you dense? We are aware that they are only over-matched when they fight him because he is better than the rest of the division. That is significant because he only takes fights with under-matched opponents (I.E. Opponents who are over-matched when they fight him a/k/a anyone that isn't TJ Dillashaw). Why doesn't your hero make a can of TJ then? Wouldn't that simplify the argument? Until then, I guess you're stuck rubbing one out to his twitch feed.

Who is he supposed to fight aside from guys in his weight class? There are contenders who are trying to get the belt, shouldn't a champion of that weight class defend his belt against them? If the UFC wants to make that fight with TJ, then maybe they should pay DJ for it?

Maybe the UFC should do a better job of finding talent at 125 lbs? Perhaps TJ should stick to fighting at 135 considering there are a plethora of contenders there and he hasn't cleared out the division or even come remotely close to it. TJ should stop fishing for his red panty night through DJ.

DJ is fighting bums. He's literally in the youngest, smallest and weakest male division in the UFC, a division that has seen no champion other than himself. Aside from the women's divisions, they're the worst. His opponents fighting competitively against each other means absolutely nothing. I used to fight competitively with my ex all the time, but we're still both bums. The one time he fought at BW he got owned, maybe that's changed, maybe he's better, but we won't ever know because he's ducking BW challenges like it's the bubonic plauge.

yeah, it's posts like this that show how dumb the average sherdogger is. Solid logic man.

Fan of Mighty Mouse but the Cejudo rematch is the last intriguing fight at flyweight for Mighty Mouse that I’m interested in watching. After that, as far as I’m concerned he has essentially cleaned out the division.

The Dillashaw thing is a whole other topic.

Who is he supposed to fight aside from guys in his weight class? There are contenders who are trying to get the belt, shouldn't a champion of that weight class defend his belt against them? If the UFC wants to make that fight with TJ, then maybe they should pay DJ for it?

Maybe the UFC should do a better job of finding talent at 125 lbs? Perhaps TJ should stick to fighting at 135 considering there are a plethora of contenders there and he hasn't cleared out the division or even come remotely close to it. TJ should stop fishing for his red panty night through DJ.
If the UFC should do anything, they should put an end to a watered down division. Since they'll take your boy's belt away when they do so, give him a shot at TJ. Combine 125 & 135 and maybe you'll have 10 solid fighters. If MM can come out at the top of the heap, he would get the credit that he deserves and the money to go with it. Until then, he can duck TJ or he can claim to be the GOAT. But he can't do both at the same time. Stay triggered, my friend.

Not sure that 125 is that weak... Johnson is just an awesome athlete. Pettis is near the top of the division and not looking like we are getting the TJ fight. Just make sure to have another title fight and stack the card...

If the UFC should do anything, they should put an end to a watered down division. Since they'll take your boy's belt away when they do so, give him a shot at TJ. Combine 125 & 135 and maybe you'll have 10 solid fighters. If MM can come out at the top of the heap, he would get the credit that he deserves and the money to go with it. Until then, he can duck TJ or he can claim to be the GOAT. But he can't do both at the same time. Stay triggered, my friend.

if anyone is triggered based on the responses, it’s most certainly you lol. But keep projecting broheim. Ducking TJ, but has fought multiple men who have beat TJ. You’re a smart one. Also, I don’t think he goes around calling himself the goat, it’s moreso guys like Rogaine and such.

Also, lol @ suggesting there’s only 10 good fighters between 125 and 135. You clearly have little to no knowledge of MMA at all if you think that is the case. So please, go educate yourself before responding to me again child.

if anyone is triggered based on the responses, it’s most certainly you lol. But keep projecting broheim. Ducking TJ, but has fought multiple men who have beat TJ. You’re a smart one. Also, I don’t think he goes around calling himself the goat, it’s moreso guys like Rogaine and such.

Also, lol @ suggesting there’s only 10 good fighters between 125 and 135. You clearly have little to no knowledge of MMA at all if you think that is the case. So please, go educate yourself before responding to me again child.

I hear you man most people on sherdog get triggered that dj is a champion in the UFC because he's short or he doesn't give title defenses to a champion with no current title defenses it's hilarious I don't even waste my time on people that think there aren't any good fighters at the lower weight classes or idiots that think dj moved up to BW to challenge Cruz these people are trolls, stupid or TJ fans lol

I hear you man most people on sherdog get triggered that dj is a champion in the UFC because he's short or he doesn't give title defenses to a champion with no current title defenses it's hilarious I don't even waste my time on people that think there aren't any good fighters at the lower weight classes or idiots that think dj moved up to BW to challenge Cruz these people are trolls, stupid or TJ fans lol

The amount of stupidity posted on these forums has increased so much over the last 3 years.

Another thing Conor can claim he is responsible for

God the UFC made such a mess of this division

How so? DJ is champ, he fights guys who are next in line. Rinse and repeat.

If you mean by not finding more talent, then yeah, I agree. But, they can’t control if DJ just mollywhops everyone. He’s just that damn good.

How so? DJ is champ, he fights guys who are next in line. Rinse and repeat.

If you mean by not finding more talent, then yeah, I agree. But, they can’t control if DJ just mollywhops everyone. He’s just that damn good.

Naw, I'm bored. Fuck the rules, bring in a 135er to crush him. Prove to the world he doesn't belong on the precious and fictional p4p lists.

Every MM fight at 125 is a terrible title match.

MM needs to move up or fight TJ.
125 needs to be scrapped.

Naw, I'm bored. Fuck the rules, bring in a 135er to crush him. Prove to the world he doesn't belong on the precious and fictional p4p lists.

As long as they pay him I think he'd be ok with it. Why take PPV money when you sell 0 ppv's. Get the guaranteed big loot so even if you lose and your career goes downhill, you still got that 1 payday that set you up for your future.

Every MM fight at 125 is a terrible title match.

MM needs to move up or fight TJ.
125 needs to be scrapped.

did everyone feel this way when Anderson was champion too? Because his list of opponents in title fights is similar to DJ's. Although the guys don't have "storied" careers, Gooch, Benavidez, Dodson, Cejudo are all pretty damn good fighters. If you're calling guys like that "cans" then you legitimately have no clue about MMA at all.

What does he mean by pay reasons? Wouldn’t the fight be bigger with tj?

Haha. Based on your assessment, DJ is light years ahead of the 125 lbs division. As I look through the rankings, I see a few fighters (Benavidez, Cejudo, Borg, Pettis, etc...) that are entertaining enough, but the rest are a list of guys I watched MM beat the life out of and that's about it. 135, the top 8 or so are legit. If you want to make a case for Pedro Munhoz and Cody Stamann, be my guest. 125 is not a competitive division. Something needs to change. Before the creation of FW, there was no problem. It wasn't broken, but the UFC fixed it. And for their troubles the fans got what? A champ who won't fight anyone who might beat him? Idk about you, but I could have skipped the part of my life where John Linneker missed weight 5 times.

Also: “I do believe that I have - out of all the champions and all of the opposition I ever fought - I’ve fought different styles, so, it’s getting there,” Johnson said about his bid for greatest fighter of all time.

Haha. Based on your assessment, DJ is light years ahead of the 125 lbs division. As I look through the rankings, I see a few fighters (Benavidez, Cejudo, Borg, Pettis, etc...) that are entertaining enough, but the rest are a list of guys I watched MM beat the life out of and that's about it. 135, the top 8 or so are legit. If you want to make a case for Pedro Munhoz and Cody Stamann, be my guest. 125 is not a competitive division. Something needs to change. Before the creation of FW, there was no problem. It wasn't broken, but the UFC fixed it. And for their troubles the fans got what? A champ who won't fight anyone who might beat him? Idk about you, but I could have skipped the part of my life where John Linneker missed weight 5 times.

Also: “I do believe that I have - out of all the champions and all of the opposition I ever fought - I’ve fought different styles, so, it’s getting there,” Johnson said about his bid for greatest fighter of all time.

"its getting there" doesn't mean he thinks he is the best of all time. Are you unable to comprehend what you read at all?

Also, you said only 10 good fighters between the divisions and listed 15 here. Your math sucks. 125 is actually quite competitive aside from the dominant champion, there's a lot of really good fights that happen. I suggest you watch them before yapping any further. And you do realize that ANYONE can beat anyone right? Even Serra beat GSP dummy. He's taking on every top contender from his weight class, that's what a champion should be doing. He doesn't need to challenge himself further if he doesn't want to, for the sake of pleasing you.

DJ is fighting bums. He's literally in the youngest, smallest and weakest male division in the UFC, a division that has seen no champion other than himself. Aside from the women's divisions, they're the worst. His opponents fighting competitively against each other means absolutely nothing. I used to fight competitively with my ex all the time, but we're still both bums. The one time he fought at BW he got owned, maybe that's changed, maybe he's better, but we won't ever know because he's ducking BW challenges like it's the bubonic plauge.

The one time he fought at bantamweight? You realize he fought roughly half his career at bantamweight, right? He isn’t even a large flyweight, to be honest. How much weight do you expect him to give up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back