Demetrious vs Sergio Pettis would be a pretty terrible title match

"its getting there" doesn't mean he thinks he is the best of all time. Are you unable to comprehend what you read at all?

Also, you said only 10 good fighters between the divisions and listed 15 here. Your math sucks. 125 is actually quite competitive aside from the dominant champion, there's a lot of really good fights that happen. I suggest you watch them before yapping any further. And you do realize that ANYONE can beat anyone right? Even Serra beat GSP dummy. He's taking on every top contender from his weight class, that's what a champion should be doing. He doesn't need to challenge himself further if he doesn't want to, for the sake of pleasing you.
No, he didn't classify himself as the goat. But he does claim to be in the conversation and rightfully so. The Dillashaw fight makes his case much more credible. I said 10 and listed 12. I just threw out a number initially, then actually checked the rankings. My apologies if a 2 fighter discrepancy gets you emotionally distraught.

Yes, GSP lost to Serra. Beat the brakes off of him in the rematch, but I digress. Someone also wins the lottery, but I don't think you should quit your job just because you bought a ticket. Possibility and probability are two very different things. You have your opinion and I have mine, but numbers don't lie. PPV buys say no one gives a shit about seeing MM fight the current flyweight roster. You obviously can't make MM move up a weight class. So the fact that 125 would be a competitive division without him is kind of irrelevant. I would be far more interested if flyweight was eliminated and the best of each division competed at 135. I think more people would be satisfied with this change than leaving it as is. I'm done yapping for now. See you in the next thread that someone inevitably makes about MM avoiding TJ. Cheers!

The one time he fought at bantamweight? You realize he fought roughly half his career at bantamweight, right? He isn’t even a large flyweight, to be honest. How much weight do you expect him to give up?

BJ Penn fought at openweight, MW, WW, LW, FW. I expect MM to have 10% the balls and fight at least at 2 weight classes without ducking.

How so? DJ is champ, he fights guys who are next in line. Rinse and repeat.

If you mean by not finding more talent, then yeah, I agree. But, they can’t control if DJ just mollywhops everyone. He’s just that damn good.

By not building a proper division which means things like: guys get rushed to title shots way too early, contenders rarely get tested against other real contenders, lots of guys fight DJ without ever having gone 5 rounds before etc.

The UFC's poor handling of the division means they've created a system where DJ destroys guys who aren't prepared in spectacular fashion over and over and no one cares because they expect him to, and haven't had time to get attached to guys like Cejudo, Horiguchi etc. before DJ mollywhops them so they don't appreciate how impressive that is or give a shit about his fights

They basically just made a funnel instead of a division and it's been handled dumb as fuck since day 1 when they botched their own rules in the initial tournament

By not building a proper division which means things like: guys get rushed to title shots way too early, contenders rarely get tested against other real contenders, lots of guys fight DJ without ever having gone 5 rounds before etc.

The UFC's poor handling of the division means they've created a system where DJ destroys guys who aren't prepared in spectacular fashion over and over and no one cares because they expect him to, and haven't had time to get attached to guys like Cejudo, Horiguchi etc. before DJ mollywhops them so they don't appreciate how impressive that is or give a shit about his fights

They basically just made a funnel instead of a division and it's been handled dumb as fuck since day 1 when they botched their own rules in the initial tournament

Honestly, DJ notwithstanding, people just are less and less interested the lower the weight class gets, except maybe in the case of Conor-level shittalkers. Ultimately, what is DJ proving? That he's king of the manlets? Who cares.

good post, one of the few in this thread that has sound reasoning. Although I agree with some, they started a division and it filled up with the guys they had already or were already fighting there. The division is young, give it some time and it will be fine.

Back