Defeating Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu With Pressure Points..

There is a white belt I train with that is a blackbelt in karate and tries weird pressure point shit or if he can't open my guard with legit technique digs his knuckles into my ribs. I don't even tell him to stop. I just make him pay for it.

A white belt actually used it to get out of side control. A thumb pressure right into the back of my ear.

Shermont, or whatever his name was, sure has some ferocious punches. hahahaha

About once a month we have this spastic kid who shows up for NOGI. Think he must be a wrestler. For whatever reason, he seems to believe that digging his chin into your ribs is a submission hold. Every time you get him in guard, he just starts driving and wiggling his chin into your rib cage. Never works of course, but he never seems to get it.

And of course, there are those guys who think digging their elbows into your thighs is a good guard break. I will say though, someone tried to can opener me in gi one day, so i put all four fingers of both hands into the pressure points behind the collar bones and squeezed. He let go of the neck crank.

I like how the fat guy has those two dudes on their knees next to him. Like he is some kind of master of fat guys.

Also, pressure point shit only works for non compliant non aggressive people. Pressure points work to piss people off even more than they were. Sure if your not expecting it or never sensed it then it may catch you off guard but then it will piss you off.

My agency is big on pressure point tactics and there are a bunch of us that laugh at our instructors.

There's this spazzy kung fu teacher that comes to roll every now and than.

Everytime he recognizes he's trapped and about to get subbed , he starts coaching.:icon_lol:

Like you have him in a mounted triangle and he will be like , yeah really good, yeah go on, now if you pull your knees together you can finish it.. :icon_lol:

And after you release him , hell verbally pat you on the head , for doing good and tell you he could've escaped by hitting you on the x pressure point.

When i asked him to use it , it was some annoying pressing/ poking with his finger, which made me squeeze even harder and had him tap obv.

But if it was a real fight he " would've used it harder".

Great stuff against Bjj those pressure points.

Did anyone see the guard break where he sticks his thumbs in the guys belly button?

I don't know about you but if someone stuck their fingers in my bellybutton I would definitly open my guard and then I would definitely who their ass. But then again I'm very...very weird about my bellybutton.

Pressure points are not idiotic, or useless.

They are not a substitute to proper groundfighting, not even close though.

I used to train JJJ so i know a fair share of pressure points or "kyusho".

Their usefulness is limited. A seasoned/tough practitioner will simply adjust to avoid the pain.

Triangle and armbar defenses. Wow.

I was rolling with a wrestler a while back and he used a pretty effective pressure point on me.. He was getting frustrated from not being able to pass my guard and I think I had him triangled; so he just stuck his whold damn hand (felt like up to his elbow) right up my damn asshole. I let go quick and tried to butt scoot away all the while saying as best I could "ppppleeeaaasee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, taaake,,,,,,, your fucking hand,,,,,,,,,, ouuuuuttttaaaaaa,,,,,, my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was rolling with a wrestler a while back and he used a pretty effective pressure point on me.. He was getting frustrated from not being able to pass my guard and I think I had him triangled; so he just stuck his whold damn hand (felt like up to his elbow) right up my damn asshole. I let go quick and tried to butt scoot away all the while saying as best I could "ppppleeeaaasee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, taaake,,,,,,, your fucking hand,,,,,,,,,, ouuuuuttttaaaaaa,,,,,, my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure if pressure point

or just really gay.

Having done loads of Choi li fut I know all of these pressure points. If your opponent has zero tollerance for pain, and I mean zero... they will get a reaction. That being said you have to let someone do them to you because they are all countered by turning your head and or just not being a pussy.

Back