Debbie Reynolds rushed to the hospital (Update: Passed Away)

JadeOwl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
US actress Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fisher, in hospital

Celebrity news site TMZ reported that she may have had a stroke.

The Hollywood screen legend, 84, is best known for her starring role in 1952 musical Singin' in the Rain, alongside Gene Kelly.

Fisher - renowned for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars series - died on Tuesday following a cardiac arrest on a plane.

Ms Reynolds posted a statement about her daughter's death on Facebook on Tuesday: "Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop."​

Her daughter's passing may have been too much for the poor lady.

Damn...

It's so deflating, at a loss for words right now

Last edited:
Not surprised in a way. As a lawyer in a rural satellite community of a much larger city, I do quite a bit of estate work, often for old farmer couples in their 80's that have been married like 50+ years. Take this anecdotal evidence for what it's worth, but on numerous occasions I've seen widows or widowers go very soon after their spouses. It's like it's just too hard for them to cope, they lose some of the will to live.

Reynolds is a multiple divorcee so really her children were all she had. Losing Carrie is probably just too much.

Last edited:
You cant stop this train! Watch, the russians are gonna invade on the 31st.

that is really, really sad.

RIP to both.

Back