DDP was asked to open both eyes and look a reporter straight in his face and claim he actually won...

Well it's hard when you got noth your eyes swollen shut almost lol

It's pretty telling though

He knows deep down inside he is the benefactor of the ufc wanting to push their ambigously androgynous agenda lol (not Dana but the higher ups)

Since when does taking damage in a fight mean you lost lol?.. Sean's face is damaged too, but DDP also mixed up his attacks to different targets while Sean pretty much just jabbed the same spot.

Since when does taking damage in a fight mean you lost lol?.. Sean's face is damaged too, but DDP also mixed up his attacks to different targets while Sean pretty much just jabbed the same spot.

It’s very telling that as soon as a popular fighter has a close fight that probably could have gone either way( not in a “my guy lost but got gifted a decision” way, but an actual super close way) the outrage is immediate, massive and everyone’s calling it the worst robbery of all time. I thought sherdoggers were supposed to be better than the average Instagram comments mma fan? Guess not

And landed more and better strikes, mind you. If "damage" is still the #1 criteria, that differential is supposed to outweigh "different targets", "aggression", and "no damage TDs", but I'll stop my arguing there. It was a close fight that seemed like an obvious decision to me but what do I know? Not much, apparently.

It’s very telling that as soon as a popular fighter has a close fight that probably could have gone either way( not in a “my guy lost but got gifted a decision” way, but an actual super close way) the outrage is immediate, massive and everyone’s calling it the worst robbery of all time. I thought sherdoggers were supposed to be better than the average Instagram comments mma fan? Guess not
Wow, you lost me at "Sherdog was supposed to be better than ....."

It's hard to finish that sentence without chuckling, no?

Wow, you lost me at "Sherdog was supposed to be better than ....."

It's hard to finish that sentence without chuckling, no?
It’s mostly ironic. You can tell some people here think they’re better than the average fan on other social media, but when it comes down to it they’ll still talk about the fighters are terrible now, and this guy won by forward pressure, and leg kicks don’t count, and takedowns without damage automatically win you a round even if the guy was soundly outstruck by a significant margin, and the newer one im seeing now is that cutting someone open or breaking their nose doesn’t mean anything in terms of judging rounds

not all of course

It’s mostly ironic. You can tell some people here think they’re better than the average fan on other social media, but when it comes down to it they’ll still talk about the fighters are terrible now, and this guy won by forward pressure, and leg kicks don’t count, and takedowns without damage automatically win you a round even if the guy was soundly outstruck by a significant margin, and the newer one im seeing now is that cutting someone open or breaking their nose doesn’t mean anything in terms of judging rounds

not all of course
I think Sherdog differs from twitter and x only in the amount of cheetos and mountain dew consumed per hour, lol. This is not the place for level headed takes GENERALLY speaking. There are a decent amount of exceptions to the rule here, of course. But, unless you restrict yourself to speaking to 15% of the members, you're going to encounter the red-fingered droolers for sure, lol.

Back