DC's head bouncing off the padded pipe.

777R

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Did anyone pay much attention to DC's head bouncing off the padded pipe as he got trapped against the cage after that head kick?

Not only was that DC's first time getting finished, his head was bouncing off a padded metal pipe as he went fetal.

Those weren't short punches either, they looked like they accelerated from a few feet away. This made that brutal series of strikes to the head that much more serious.

It's no wonder Cormier was so out of it and couldn't remember much directly after the fight and interview.

Anyone else notice that pipe against his head?

No I was too busy watching him get destroyed, hellacious ground and pound.

No, not really. But it was one hell of a good fight, I should probably watch it again.

The ground and pound was the most brutal.

His had was fully pressed into the ground making him absorb every bit of ground and pound Jones threw....

Brutal finish, DC still one of the best ever IMO.

Well thanks for the gif and/or video

How many times did you watch this fight and the replays?

I should have posted the gif... that is true, just thought it had to still be pretty fresh.

Will work on this. Apologies.

You think that's why he cried? Mystery solved! ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if this put those tears on autopilot.

I think Philip Miller bounced John Hosegood's head in a similar fashion at King of the Cage 12 - Cold Blood.

When the ref woke him, John started fighting the air in front of him from his back until the world went back into focus for him.

Did anyone pay much attention to DC's head bouncing off the padded pipe as he got trapped against the cage after that head kick?

Not only was that DC's first time getting finished, his head was bouncing off a padded metal pipe as he went fetal.

Those weren't short punches either, they looked like they accelerated from a few feet away. This made that brutal series of strikes to the head that much more serious.

It's no wonder Cormier was so out of it and couldn't remember much directly after the fight and interview.

Anyone else notice that pipe against his head?

Didn't notice the pipe cause i streamed the event and it wasn't really HD. But i was very worried about DC. His breathing was very weird after the brutal finish. He was so physically and mentally destroyed - i thought he lost his soul in the cage and might give up.

Didn't notice the pipe cause i streamed the event and it wasn't really HD. But i was very worried about DC. His breathing was very weird after the brutal finish. He was so physically and mentally destroyed - i thought he lost his soul in the cage and might give up.

Getting your head bounced off the pipe is like two impacts per punch, 1.) the strike, and 2.) rebounding off the metal pipe.

So I think the finish of that fight was more brutal than it looked.

Glad Dan is as tough as he is and survived that chilling encounter.

Will have to rewatch but I noticed that the last two punches were to the back of the head. He was already finished anyways but still... especially the last one

The ground and pound was the most brutal.

His had was fully pressed into the ground making him absorb every bit of ground and pound Jones threw....

Brutal finish, DC still one of the best ever IMO.

Your head being firmly pressed to the ground is not the worst scenario for absorbing strikes. Most damaging is either having your head snapped from a punch or having it snapped and bounced off of a wall or floor behind it.

Your head being firmly pressed to the ground is not the worst scenario for absorbing strikes. Most damaging is either having your head snapped from a punch or having it snapped and bounced off of a wall or floor behind it.

There was just a little gap, as his head bounced it moved away from the pipe only to be met with another strike. Literally dribbling the head off the pipe. The padding may have helped but having Jones trying out for Felony Fights on your head is life changing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back