DC's head bouncing off the padded pipe.

Ha! Nooooo chance Chief. Don't touch the stuff.

He wasn't talking about drugs.

herman-cain-smile.gif

Late stoppage by Big John....

There was no excuse for him taking those last 4 shots to the head while unconscious......

Padded Pipe would be a good name for a punk band

Shit, the more I watch this, the more brutal it gets.

Certainly not the best stoppage, could've been stopped earlier.

You're right it could have been stopped sooner, but since Dan hadn't been stopped once in his 7-8 year career...I think Big John had to give him every possible chance or Chiesa might challenge him to a grappling match.

You're right it could have been stopped sooner, but since Dan hadn't been stopped once in his 7-8 year career...I think Big John had to give him every possible chance or Chiesa might challenge him to a grappling match.

Absolutely, I usually love it when ref's give the benefit of the doubt, and when I first saw it I thought the stoppage was fine.
But if you rewatch it often the stoppage kinda seems late. And the TKO is brutal, straight up.

No hard feelings towards Big John. It wasn't really evident how bad the KO was.

Absolutely, I usually love it when ref's give the benefit of the doubt, and when I first saw it I thought the stoppage was fine.
But if you rewatch it often the stoppage kinda seems late. And the TKO is brutal, straight up.

Absolutely, then you see that pipe getting in the action and you can't help having your face twist up involuntarily as you cringe at the bouncing head.

Is this your personal footage? It is so close... pricey seats.

giphy.gif

Nope, it's from Cynthia Calvillo. She posted it on her instagram and somebody reuploaded it.

I'm pretty sure the UFC got her the tickets or she saved up some of that big Reebok money.

The #1 responsibility of a ref is to stop the fight when a fighter is no longer intelligently defending himself....

No need for hard feelings. But he should not be so easily let off the hook for a decision to "give a fighter every chance".....that shit is not in the rules anywhere.....

A fighter can always earn a rematch....no need to take years off a fighters life just so he has an opportunity.....

If a fighter is unconscious it is safe to assume he is not intelligently defending.....its the refs job to know when a fighter is unconscious and not let him take another 4-5 hard head shots while the fighter cant even move.....

The #1 responsibility of a ref is to stop the fight when a fighter is no longer intelligently defending himself....

No need for hard feelings. But he should not be so easily let off the hook for a decision to "give a fighter every chance".....that shit is not in the rules anywhere.....

A fighter can always earn a rematch....no need to take years off a fighters life just so he has an opportunity.....

If a fighter is unconscious it is safe to assume he is not intelligently defending.....its the refs job to know when a fighter is unconscious and not let him take another 4-5 hard head shots while the fighter cant even move.....

I agree 100% with you, after rewatching it countless times I think the stoppage is downright horrible.

But did you see that when you first watched it? Without watching the replay? I didn't, so I can't blame Big John, that's my point.

I agree 100% with you, after rewatching it countless times I think the stoppage is downright horrible.

But did you see that when you first watched it? Without watching the replay? I didn't, so I can't blame Big John, that's my point.

Yeah, I think the stoppage was late by about 4 punches but live John had a different angle of the stoppage.

Still I think John gave him reasonable chances up until he slumped into the canvas face down, after that I'm not sure what he waiting on.

Back