DC would destroy Stipe in the rematch just as badly

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
One sided championship fights rarely end up with a different result in quick rematches.
there have been plenty of fights that ended definitively that had different outcomes in rematches. cain / jds, conor / nate, cro-cop / randleman, aa / timmay, randy / chuck, gsp / serra, etc. i know they weren't all quick rematches.

this wasn't a lopsided beatdown.

I think Stipe has better boxing and better power. But he doesn't use his range that well and it costed him vs DC.

But like most MMA fighters he has issues in defense and so the smaller and at times faster DC got him good from that clinch brake.

I do feel Stipe got a bit overconfident in there and he was getting tagged and was thinking this ain't shit and he will walk him down. But fat DC put everything he had in that right hand and shattered his fist in his chin like he did vs Big Foot too.

Stipe can play it smarter in the rematch and he can get the W this ia a 50/50% fight to me even if they go at it 10 times.

Overall this does make me realize that Stipe wouldn't be that competitive with any top boxer like when he was calling out AJ or Wilder big big no nos from me now even more then before.. his defense is too suspect even with a 6 months boxing training camp.

I also wrote a post where I said that if they fought 10 times they'd probably each win 5 fights. Stipe certainly has some advantages over DC, particularly his height, reach, and his boxing. As for wrestling, DC should have the advantage but the one time in their fight that somebody went for a takedown it was Stipe and he got the better of DC in that part of the fight.

Stipe's main problem is he just isn't hungry anymore. I saw him give a post-fight press conference and the one sentence Stipe kept using over and over is "I don't care."

Oh please. Are we really there already?
It is normal for the WEAK to be flustered and bamboozled by the continuing excellence and dominance that Champ Champ Huge Balls displays against non cheating opponents.

I also wrote a post where I said that if they fought 10 times they'd probably each win 5 fights. Stipe certainly has some advantages over DC, particularly his height, reach, and his boxing. As for wrestling, DC should have the advantage but the one time in their fight that somebody went for a takedown it was Stipe and he got the better of DC in that part of the fight.

Stipe's main problem is he just isn't hungry anymore. I saw him give a post-fight press conference and the one sentence Stipe kept using over and over is "I don't care."

DC kinda likes it when punchers go for grappling like how Rumble did or Stipe so what's the worse thing that could happen ? get taken down no one is holding top level wrestlers down in the first round they have the skills and energy to get back up so I think he liked that situation just fine.

Stipe has the best boxing in the HW division overall but like many he has poor defense at times especially if you are aggressive they all suffer from this. He also isn't the best at fighting long, the man is a legit 6'4 and with a 80 reach but his main weapons are mid range shots supported by good footwork.

I think Stipe was dealing with the loss in his own way and he doesn't play the MMA selling game that well so yea you get the 'I don't care' but there is no way he doesn't he has a baby on the way and his paychecks will get smaller without the belt and PPVs.

i would favor DC over miocic, but it wouldn't be a walk in the park. miocic was landing some big shots before DC's perfect right out of the clinch put miocic away. i don't want to see an immediate rematch, and i don't think we'll see it. i don't think DC will ever fight miocic again anyway. i think DC fights brock and then maybe one more fight before he retires.

i see the second fight being more methodical. miocic would have a more strategic approach, but that would just play into DC's hand and DC would slowly start to take the fight over and wear miocic down. late stoppage or run away decision for DC.

As long as DC has at least one healthy finger he can pull it off again.

Totally agree, the competition they have been facing are lightyears apart.

Fighting Rumble, Jon Jones, Gustafsson and Velasquez every week changes a man.
In an interview D.C. Said that rumble hits harder the miocic and it's not close. He felt like he expected the power from miocic to be overwhelming but found that he felt much faster at HW than he did at LHW striking with guys like rumble and Jones.

JDS will destroy Cain in a rematch as badly..

Oh wait..

DC is better in every aspect of MMA than Stipe. Every single one. Stipe can never beat D.C. besides a lucky punch, period.

How would the rematch go differently? What different would Stipe do? He was already slowing down and getting leg kicked and out pointed by D.C. in the first round.

Easy win for DC if this ever happens

He could not get horribly poked in the eye for one. That could help..

Don't be silly. Stipe landed on Cormier plenty of times.

obz3aoh.gif

Like usual though he was overly aggressive, but this time his opponent actually fought like a veteran is supposed to in such a situation and stayed calm instead of panicking.

Stipe can obviously win. He just needs to fight smarter.

I think theres a reason he wwont and hes lookin for an easy win before fighting brock dc 5050 on the rematch stipe would be staying outside the whole time and dc would keep trying to close it like the jj fights.

Everyone knew Cain fought differently the first fight cause he was injured. DC and Stipe were both fine.

Everyone knew????????????

Thousands of people including me thought JDS would win the rematch. That his striking was much better, and his TDD impeccable. Cain proved us wrong. Stipe deserves another chance. He earned it..

BTW GSP also lost to Hughes and Serra in the 1st round. He wrecked them in rematches.

Everyone knew????????????

Thousands of people including me thought JDS would win the rematch. That his striking was much better, and his TDD impeccable. Cain proved us wrong. Stipe deserves another chance. He earned it..
Everyone knew as in, Cain didn't look himself the first fight. I figured Cain would win the rematch just not that easily. A good vocal amount seemed to think so too. Don't get me wrong, I think the chances of DC-Lesnar happening are pretty if Brawk truly is in the USADA pool and they decide to test him which I'm certain they will. We just might get DC-Stipe 2.

DC is better in every aspect of MMA than Stipe. Every single one. Stipe can never beat D.C. besides a lucky punch, period.

How would the rematch go differently? What different would Stipe do? He was already slowing down and getting leg kicked and out pointed by D.C. in the first round.

Easy win for DC if this ever happens
I dont disagree that DC would win again, but i cant confidently say he is a better boxer than stipe. Or striker in general for that matter. Neither guy kicks much and DC is obviously a little better in the clinch but all in all, I would give the striking advantage slightly to Stipe. I dont care much for Stipe and im a fan of DC. Just keepin it 100

Lol @ everyone on Cormier's jock suddenly after he gets the title.

DC said he prepared a trap for Stipe, and by all accounts it wasn't a simple one. But a trap once sprung isn't likely to work a second time since the element of surprise is gone. DC might well win the rematch, but not that swiftly or imposingly unless he has another trick play up his sleeve that he can pull off.

Back