DC weighed 236 vs. Rumble according to John McCarthy

He should lose that extra weight and if he doesnt then he should go back to HW
He never wants to fight Cain though (for obvious reasons). That's why he dropped down to begin with.

actually, more people have missed weight in the last year than ever before
not sure I recall saying anything about fighters always making weight. Rather that there is an emphasis on "doing It right" through dieting down rather than cutting massive amounts of water weight, relative to how it was during the earlier years.

This is the case especially with the IV ban.

More fighters missing weight doesn't mean there Isn't a greater emphasis on approaching the weight cut In a more Intelligent and calculated way.

According to Big John McCarthy, DC weighed 236 pounds when he fought Rumble. When asked how he knew he said "cause we weighed him."

Are all fighters weighed in on fight-night?

If so, why can't the viewers see what they weigh? I would like to see the "in octagon weight" of all UFC fighters during the telecast.

Big John has a big head and an agenda to push (as usual). I agree that he is more than likely full of shit.[/QUOTE

But, now if athletic commissions want to tweek their rules regarding weigh-ins and hydration tests, they can now hire Big John as a consultant when making their decisions.

Now that all fifty states have legalized MMA, think of all the commissions he can consult with.

If true then Cormier giving Jones a hard time about cheating is all a joke.

Has there ever been a heavier lhw?
Thats heavier than prime fedor, nog, crocop, and most non fat HW champions.

Are all fighters weighed in on fight-night?

If so, why can't the viewers see what they weigh? I would like to see the "in octagon weight" of all UFC fighters during the telecast.
Always wanted to see that too. 3kg might not sound like a lot, but it is for 155lbs. Getting rid of lhw id the only way.

Ban weight cutting please UFC!

There is no reason not to.
Easy and safe!

Ballooning up that much is unprofessional as hell imo.

I'm sick of drastic weight cuts and the UFC should do something about them. Weight classes are fine, but severe weight cuts are a joke.
Wasn't there reports that USADA is doing a study on weight cutting, and they were weighing all of the fighters before their fights?

Then wel get to see the LHW guys fight the HWs.
Yes!

Because they are all heavweights really.

Although when this was implemented in ONE championship, they implemented a 225lb weight class...So maybe not :/

Chubby guy like DC can't get rid of that tyre of fatty flab. Dumb.

Dr Miami will drain that shit for a fee. He must have about 10lb of fat juice chilling on his hips at weigh ins alone.

Yes!

Because they are all heavweights really.

Although when this was implemented in ONE championship, they implemented a 225lb weight class...So maybe not :/

Would love to have seen Jones vs top 5 HWs , Rumble vs Ngannou at HW...

More fighters missing weight doesn't mean there Isn't a greater emphasis on approaching the weight cut In a more Intelligent and calculated way.

But is the approach really more intelligent and calculated if more guys are missing weight?

More intelligent and calculated implies they are making weight easier....

But is the approach really more intelligent and calculated if more guys are missing weight?

More intelligent and calculated implies they are making weight easier....
Maybe you should stop generalizing what I'm saying

Saying there's a greater emphasis on doing It more Intelligently by many fighters does not mean EVERYONE Is doing that.

Use your fucking brain

there will always be the fuck ups. That will never change. It does not make my point any less valid.

Maybe you should stop generalizing what I'm saying

Saying there's a greater emphasis on doing It more Intelligently by many fighters does not mean EVERYONE Is doing that.

Use your fucking brain

there will always be the fuck ups. That will never change. It does not make my point any less valid.

There will always be fuck ups.

But will there always be fat people?

This is a fun thread.
Help keep it sticky.

Back