DC weighed 236 vs. Rumble according to John McCarthy

Eh, who the hell cares? DC will always be a bad match up for Rumble, and his chin and head will always be too hard for Rumble to crack. On to the next.

cormicake.gif
He has no shame at all.

This is insane. How the fuck did he even cut 30 lbs of water? He doesnt look that drawn out at weigh ins. Pretty crazy

Jesus Christ.

This guy has been cutting weight on spot for most of his life. HS, D1 college, Olympics, and MMA....He knows how to cut weight properly....What you morons don't seem to understand is that it's really, really fucking difficult if things to go perfectly right. Especially when you're almost 40 years old. Something can go wrong and then those last few pounds just won't come off, and you're totally fucked.

Yet you and many others who have never cut weight in their entire lives seems to think it's a breeze....

Seriously, STFU....Stop pretending like you have any idea what you're talking about, because you don't,.

While it may be true that DC is used to cutting weight, it's totally on him if he tries to cut 30 pounds and fails, particularly with his physique. Yes, things can go wrong. But he's a professional, and 99.8% of professional fighters MAKE WEIGHT.

Weighed in @ 205
Was actually 207.
With sweatpants/clothes lets say 210.

So really he would have had to gain 26 pounds by the time of the fight, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Pretty hard to believe. A gallon weighs a little over 8lbs. So he was like 3.5 gallons of water dehydrated? Is that even possible?

Pretty hard to believe. A gallon weighs a little over 8lbs. So he was like 3.5 gallons of water dehydrated? Is that even possible?
About 4 years ago Cormier said his wake up weight at Light-Heavy was 234 pounds (before eating/drinking). Now he's older, and was also completely drained before his last bout, and still missed.

This is insane. How the fuck did he even cut 30 lbs of water? He doesnt look that drawn out at weigh ins. Pretty crazy
Some of that weight he put back on was after a few big meals as well. He probably cut more like 15-20 pounds of water.

Weighed in at 205, let's say actual was 206.5 (towel) for those who still think the towel was an issue. Which leaves him 30-31lbs to rehydrate.. which isn't unrealistic or abnormal in MMA. Telling sign is his cardio, he was fine cardio wise in the fight, which would tell one, his weight gain from weigh ins to fight time, is normal for him. Something he has mentioned before in terms of in cage weight. Plus he only cuts around 15-20lbs of water weight, so the extra 15lbs from that is gains from meals, rest and body recovering.

I really can't understand those guys.

They work hard as fuck, but despite all this work and sacrifice they seemingly can't master themselves enough to cut their calories a bit, to lose the gut....

Would make his cut to 205 a breeze, and he wouldn't have to cheat to make weight.

Not to mention that he has fucked up kidneys, so he's gambling with his life with every weigh cut. :/
I agree. How a man who is 5"11 can barely make weight at 205 doesn't make any sense. He must have an extemely slow metabolism or he just eats like an elephant.

Fat always beats ripped muscle in MMA fights, so Cormier is smart, just packing on the extra fat to beat a guy like Rumble. Wanted to be heavy on top too

Sometimes I feel like big John has a blue collar personality and Dana white mentality when he is interviewed. This makes me believe he is prone to exaggerating the truth at times. It wouldn't surprise me if he was exaggerating this.

Similar to Dana white exaggerating Nate Diaz size against mcgregor.

The weight of people boggles my mind sometimes. Looking at Cormier, then looking at people like Cheik Kongo and Travis Browne I would never guess they're around the same weight.

I think you'd be surprised. Most fighters are attempting to diet the weight down and do it properly than cut a bunch of water weight these days.
actually, more people have missed weight in the last year than ever before

how does he gain 20+ pounds in 24 hours with no iv?

I have an issue with how he made weight cause that was bs. I also have an issue tho with sherdoggers crying about weight cutting. It has literally nothing to do with them. As long as a guy makes weight then what's the problem? If a guy misses multiple times then he needs to move up.

There's been a hand full of fights that have been canceled in the last ten years because of failed weight cuts, but sherdoggers wanna change the rules of the sport any time it happens.

Lmao that's total bs.. he weighed 220-222 max .. nice try though big phony

He admitted on the mma hour 2 days after the fight that he was over 20 lbs heavier....but not more than 40. He wouldnt say exactly what his weight was...but 236 seems right

Back