DC vs Cruz debate about Stephens knee.

If the ref is confident that the strike with throw with malicious rule breaking intent, we deal with it. Like we do in every sport.

Fair play. We *almost* give the ref that power already, as in that fight could have been stopped if the ref thought he witnessed something illegal.

method=get&s=silva-knee-gif.gif

Would you guys say this was malicious, and worthy of reversing the verdict?

DC has a point in that the shot dosen't have to have a tangible impact to be illegal. Even if it just barely touches his head, it's still illegal.

it clearly landed on the way up. anyone saying otherwise is retarded.
It's not even fair to say that it didnt hurt emmet. We've seen plenty of grazing shots KO people, and this is the KNEE too, the last thing youd want to be hit with.

Props to DC for not staying quiet about it.
This +1 Plus, the elbows to the back of the head..

Didn't land. Remember Curtis Blaydes vs the Boa Constrictor? The fight was stopped because of an attempted illegal strike from Blaydes that just graced its target. Blaydes got a TKO/doctor stoppage victory regardless. The sperging is strong over this controversy.

Lol Cruz "it didn't hit" "the ref didn't call it" "whats the point of this conversation?" in 4 mins

Well, he's kind of right. There's no instant replay and the ref didn't call it, so...what is the point of looking at instant replay now and debating about it?

Well, he's kind of right. There's no instant replay and the ref didn't call it, so...what is the point of looking at instant replay now and debating about it?

It's post fight show and all parties seemed interested and passionate about their position. Why not talk about it?

DC acknowledges the ref didn't see, so no crime, and he says there should be no supplemental punishment, but chooses not to be blinded by what he thinks he saw.

Cruz wasn't convincing to me.

What’s the point of the post fight show? This is what happens after every card. I guess they should ignore what just happened and focus solely on future cards.

What’s the point of the post fight show? This is what happens after every card. I guess they should ignore what just happened and focus solely on future cards.

Did this really just come out of your mouth?

What is being passed around tonight, and why haven't I gotten any?

Also, genius Gondo, they have the post fight show to discuss what happened in the events, not to sit and beat a dead horse about the legality of a blow that had no effect on the outcome of the fights.

It's post fight show and all parties seemed interested and passionate about their position. Why not talk about it?

DC acknowledges the ref didn't see, so no crime, and he says there should be no supplemental punishment, but chooses not to be blinded by what he thinks he saw.

Cruz wasn't convincing to me.

They did talk about it for four months minutes, then Dom realized that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, so he acknowledged that it was pointless anyways.

Personally, I'd be more up in arms about the elbows to the back of the head.

says the guy with the DC avatar
Completely irrelevant to this discussion. Cruz is clearly biased here and that bias is informing his opinion, yet he's trying to feign objectivity.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be confident that DC would give fair evaluations of an issue concerning a teammate either, but that's not the issue here. Also, at least DC himself has acknowledged this bias, supposedly he declined to commentate ufc 221 because he couldn't be objective in a Rockhold fight.

Last edited:
They did talk about it for four months minutes, then Dom realized that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, so he acknowledged that it was pointless anyways.

Personally, I'd be more up in arms about the elbows to the back of the head.

Was there a more pointed discussion waiting? Doesn't seem like a good reason to quit to me.

And agreed, the elbow(s) were the most questionable part.

Did this really just come out of your mouth?

What is being passed around tonight, and why haven't I gotten any?

Also, genius Gondo, they have the post fight show to discuss what happened in the events, not to sit and beat a dead horse about the legality of a blow that had no effect on the outcome of the fights.
Weird how you say that but can’t seem to get away from this thread. If you don’t like the discussion then leave the thread. Simple.

Again. They had already rambled about it for a long time before Cruz made that comment. It's not like he refused to talk about it at all. He made his points. DC made his point. They had a back and forth that went nowhere, and THEN Cruz acknowledges that the debate is going nowhere and it ultimately doesn't matter anyways.

He's right.

Back