DC vs Cruz debate about Stephens knee.

it clearly landed on the way up. anyone saying otherwise is retarded.
It's not even fair to say that it didnt hurt emmet. We've seen plenty of grazing shots KO people, and this is the KNEE too, the last thing youd want to be hit with.

Props to DC for not staying quiet about it.
To call those peopl retarded is not fair.

They're untrained, have no experience with grazing shots. They're looking for the THUD impact. They didn't see the THUD and jerk reaction from the knee so in their untrained minds, it registers as a miss.

It was an attempted illegal knee, that didn't connect. I've never seen a foul for an attempted illegal strike that didn't land - although I think I may have seen someone warned for it once or twice?

Retarded. It has to land to be against the rules.
This thread isn’t that big yet all you have to do is read a little more to see that’s been discussed. Retard.

This thread isn’t that big yet all you have to do is read a little more to see that’s been discussed. Retard.

I don’t care if it’s been discussed, the rules are the rules and you are wrong

I don’t care if it’s been discussed, the rules are the rules and you are wrong
Scroll back dipshit and read what was posted. Then log off and stay the fuck off sherdog for a while.

seinfeld-george-costa33otg.gif~c200

Illegal knee. Definitely made contact. But the fight won’t be overturned because it wasn’t a deciding factor.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a illegal knee doesn't land, is it still illegal?

<seedat>
If you're wrong but you keep ignoring the evidence, are you really wrong?

<seedat>

Throwing illegal strikes should be illegal. Not just landing them.

How are the strikes illegal if they don't land?

You are entering some next level shit here with this proposition. How in the "fuck" would you enforce this? Oh, we think you went for an eye poke! I didn't. Ok. Oh, we think you tried to knee him in the head and missed, oh, I missed because I was aiming for the body, sorry! etc.

This is the dumbest shit, and impossible to enforce.

How are the strikes illegal if they don't land?

You use common sense when possible.

If I try to knee you in the head, you move and it hits your body. That should be an infraction. It shouldn't be okay because I missed.

You use common sense when possible.

If I try to knee you in the head, you move and it hits your body. That should be an infraction. It shouldn't be okay because I missed.

I'm half there with you, seriously, but don't you see how this is going to result in some of the most confusing, excuse driven ends to fights in the history of the sport?

But what if the guy says he was trying to knee the body the whole time, and anticipated that movement based off his body positioning, etc. If the knee hits the body, and it's not illegal, you're willing to say it *is* illegal because of the way it appeared?

I read everything that was posted
You seem pretty quiet about it so I’ll assume you understand what I was trying to say. Post #50 and 54 should’ve cleared that up. It did negligible damage but still made contact.

I'm half there with you, seriously, but don't you see how this is going to result in some of the most confusing, excuse driven ends to fights in the history of the sport?

There are strikes and positions that would make this extremely difficult and impossible to enforce, like kicks to nuts.

There are times when it's easy to read and common sense leads you the right way.

Faking illegal shots, missing illegal shots shouldn't be allowed either. Fighters have to react to them.

They should fight. Dc and Anik vs dom and bisping

But what if the guy says he was trying to knee the body the whole time, and anticipated that movement based off his body positioning, etc. If the knee hits the body, and it's not illegal, you're willing to say it *is* illegal because of the way it appeared?

If the ref is confident that the strike with throw with malicious rule breaking intent, we deal with it. Like we do in every sport.

Back