DC-Stipe Not a superfight

The UFC's shit marketing aside, it's a super fight.

Cormier weighed in at 247 looking pretty good shape against big foot.

If Cormier is naturally lhw because of his looks then so must be Cain.

DC is smaller & appears to have a significantly higher bodyfat % than Cain at hw
but even if he doesn't I'm not sure what difference it makes he's 8-1 at lhw,
the champ and defended several times so if Cain did that and fought Stipe I'd probably call it a superfight too

Superfight. They've both defended multiple times. DC has only lost to Jones and Stipe is on a 6 fight win streak with 4 first round ko's. This is one of the biggest fights the UFC could make atm.

I dont think this has a super fight written all over it.

DC is clearly second best in his own division behind a fighter in his prime whom he decisively lost to twice.

People say hes moving up but this guy is a guy who started his career at heayweight and if you dont recall it wasnt given thaf he would be able to cut to light.heavyweight with his history with cutting weight to lower weight class with his kidney.

On the other hand, as good as Stipe looked, he's still Stipe after all.

I dont know, I know they are marketing as a super fight but just doesnt have that vibe.

At the end of the day, Cormier seem to think it makes him in goat convo for moving up in weight and win, but imagine if Cain moved down a weight class, lost to Jones twice, then became a champ then moved up and fought for title at hw. Whats so special about moving back up when uve been a heavyweight to begin with, because thats exactly what DC is doing.

In my book, only person in the history of UFC who truly went up in a weight class to fight against a dominant, naturally bigger fighter has been BJ Penn. No one else. And DC isnt about to be next either.
200.gif

I dont think this has a super fight written all over it.

DC is clearly second best in his own division behind a fighter in his prime whom he decisively lost to twice.

Lost to, once... but nobody holds it against him because that fighter was caught cheating TWICE in fights VS DC. At UFC 200, where that fighter was caught before the fight, then after that when he was caught after the fight.

Daniel Cormier is the undisputed LHW champion, an he is undefeated at HW.
Stipe has the most title defenses in HW history

This is indeed a superfight, whether or not your butthurt Jones' fandom ass can digest it or not

Yeah dc 40 on his way out also. Losing a decision and getting ko'd stiff by a steroid head didnt help. He's a former HW so it's not a big deal to move up, him and Cain can retire together after this. Stipe KO R1

Except Stipe isnt bigger than DC.

DC in his heavyweight days weighed in pretty much same weight range if not bigger.

Stipe is taller. But so is Struve.

Hmmm, you're one of those people who have a note from 7 doctors confirming that you're clinically retarded. Yes, DC is thicker than an average guy of the same height, but he also carries a lot of body fat and his frame is not a real heavyweight frame. Just look at Stipe, the dude is not overly muscular or blown up, he's quite lean with not much body fat, yet he's around 240-250 pounds. That's a guy with a real heavyweight frame, bone density, tendon strength and everything else. You're vastly oversimplifying things. And yes it absolutely is a super fight. Jones is a cheater and Stipe pretty much cleared the HW division. It might not be a super fight in terms of popularity among casual fans, but those are the same people who buy Conor/Brock Lesnar/CM punk ppvs, so that really doesn't count for much.

Hmmm, you're one of those people who have a note from 7 doctors confirming that you're clinically retarded. Yes, DC is thicker than an average guy of the same height, but he also carries a lot of body fat and his frame is not a real heavyweight frame. Just look at Stipe, the dude is not overly muscular or blown up, he's quite lean with not much body fat, yet he's around 240-250 pounds. That's a guy with a real heavyweight frame, bone density, tendon strength and everything else. You're vastly oversimplifying things. And yes it absolutely is a super fight. Jones is a cheater and Stipe pretty much cleared the HW division. It might not be a super fight in terms of popularity among casual fans, but those are the same people who buy Conor/Brock Lesnar/CM punk ppvs, so that really doesn't count for much.

Says you?

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH.....
Stipe has the record for HW defences.
DC is undefeated at Heavyweight...is the LHW Champ........has one official loss "cough cough" at LHW.
If this isn't a superfight I don't know what is.

Yeah the best LHW on the planet against the best HW is not a super fight.

tenor.gif

How did this become clear to you? Did you see him fight a clean Jones in his back yard or something?

He hasn't lost to anyone other than Jones and Jones is a proven career cheat. If DC walks out and smashes him with a baseball and knocks him out would you consider him better? Of course not, bats are prohibited and so are steroids.

To me as a fan this is a superfight. But I don't feel that UFC has done a good job promoting it and these guys aren't the biggest draws to begin with so I don't think the buyrate will be very super. I'm not gonna miss it though, I haven't been this pumped for a HW title fight in quite a while.

This is more of a super fight than the forced match up between Conor and Alvarez who both had no title defenses and challengers waiting.

I don't care if it is or isn't a superfight, so long as it is a superb fight.

Back