DC-Stipe Not a superfight

Except Stipe isnt bigger than DC.

DC in his heavyweight days weighed in pretty much same weight range if not bigger.

Stipe is taller. But so is Struve.
For sure Stipe is a bigger man than DC, and not just taller. DC had way more fat on his body at HW than Stipe ever had. Lean DC is a LHW, obviously. Stipe would kill himself to make LHW.

It's just a good fight, nothing super about it. It will get people talking though.

It's going to be a great fight but I agree with the OP.

On one end of the ring we have a 39 year champion whose on the verge of retirement that was KO'd not 2 fights removed in a brutal fashion. I can't imagine any fighter ever getting over that and it takes time, more fights and most importantly wins to rebuild your confidence up.

There's no question about DC having more to gain from this. DC beating Stipe would be great. But not the other way around.

A champ vs champ fight is so rare that it must be considered a super-fight, almost regardless of who the fighters are (and in this case they are amazing).

TS, what is your definition of a "super-fight"?

If it's not a superfight nothing is.
Why are MMA fans so desperate to shit all over everything? I don't see this in other sports.

How did this become clear to you? Did you see him fight a clean Jones in his back yard or something?
I think TS knows because he's on tainted dick-pills as well, except his are contaminated with 'denialbol'

TS conveniently left out that DC decisively lost twice to a guy who was roided out of his mind.
And his is second best in his opinion because of this.
We will never know if a clean JJ can beat DC.

These bones fans really do need to go suck a fat dick....a dick made fat with dick pills.....and steroids.......get a new agenda you boring MF's

Its close to being a superfight.

Stipe is the best guy DC can fight right now. DC is the best guy Stipe can fight right now.

Stipe is overrated because the average age of his last 5 opponents is 39 years old and DC recently lost to Jones by TKO so it doesnt feel as BIG but its still a mega fight in terms of level of skill.

DC ducked HW to go be the second best LHW. Stipe is a nobody. Not a superfight.

Cormier weighed in at 247 looking pretty good shape against big foot.

If Cormier is naturally lhw because of his looks then so must be Cain.[/QUOTE
DC wrestled at 184 in college. He's just plain overweight, has had discipline problems with his diet for years. He began his MMA career literally obese, apparently he walked into AKA for the first time at 270 or so, having been passive for a year after the olympics. DC is far from a "natural" HW, he's an overfed natural MW.

Cain wrestled at HW.

Last edited:
The best HW in the division vs the Best LHW the UFC has ever had, thats a superfight son

I dont know, I know they are marketing as a super fight but just doesnt have that vibe.
mrw-i-leaned-that-justin-bieber-wants-to-be-in-the-fast-and-the-furious-71112.gif

I dont think this has a super fight written all over it.

DC is clearly second best in his own division behind a fighter in his prime whom he decisively lost to twice.

People say hes moving up but this guy is a guy who started his career at heayweight and if you dont recall it wasnt given thaf he would be able to cut to light.heavyweight with his history with cutting weight to lower weight class with his kidney.

On the other hand, as good as Stipe looked, he's still Stipe after all.

I dont know, I know they are marketing as a super fight but just doesnt have that vibe.

At the end of the day, Cormier seem to think it makes him in goat convo for moving up in weight and win, but imagine if Cain moved down a weight class, lost to Jones twice, then became a champ then moved up and fought for title at hw. Whats so special about moving back up when uve been a heavyweight to begin with, because thats exactly what DC is doing.

In my book, only person in the history of UFC who truly went up in a weight class to fight against a dominant, naturally bigger fighter has been BJ Penn. No one else. And DC isnt about to be next either.
UFC is all about smoke and mirrors.
Both divisions suck at the moment, so they pin champion against champion and make a big deal out of it.

They are desperate... and instead of improving the fighters and building better divisions, they pick any decent fighter against another and call it a super fight.
GSP & Silva would have been a super-fight. So they took the notion that any champion fighting another champion is a super-fight.
Heck, they tried to sell that DJ fighting TJ before TJ was even a champion was a super-fight.

Yes and no.

On paper 2 champs are fighting but in reality it's meh.. DC is to old and fat to make anything super.

Stipe should clearly win and if he doesn't it's a giant black eye for him and the division.

Back