DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters
If Shogun wins that makes it a 4 fight win streak. While his chances are low, who has a better streak at low right now?

Plus it would be amazing if Shogun managed to clip him and finish him off wi5h hammerfists. Nothing against DC, just lov me some Shogun.

DC just said on Ariel Helwani MMA show that Brock Lesnar is not guaranteed to be his next fight. He wants to fight Shogun next coz he has won some fights, an MMA legend, and is someone he respect. After that, he will go back to HW and fight Brock.

Thoughts?
He is trying to cash out.
While I understand it, IMHO Shogun has absolutely no business of getting a title shot.
UFC needs to make sure he defends against someone that is (at least)...credible.
Then again, they are giving him Brock at HW, so.....

maxresdefault.jpg

That's some weak sauce; calling out Shogun.

If there was some way Shogun could get back to UFC 104 form......

DC just said on Ariel Helwani MMA show that Brock Lesnar is not guaranteed to be his next fight. He wants to fight Shogun next coz he has won some fights, an MMA legend, and is someone he respect. After that, he will go back to HW and fight Brock.

Thoughts?

At no point in Shoguns career, even in his alleged prime could he stand a round with DC

After knocking out the HW champ, hes going to beat up a guy Jones beat the living crap out of 7 years ago to become champ

Come on champ! This is offensive!

Wow, Shogun? He'd rather fight him than Gus if he beats Volkan, especially since the fights are less than 2 weeks apart. Understandable though, since Shogun's the far easier fight.

He also already beat Alex.

Shogun has nothing for DC though.

This is offensive to someone of DC skill.

Its like challenging the milk man or Fedor

Lmao and yet, no mentions of any rematches for the best, most accomplished UFC heavyweight of all time

Sad

People really have nerve mentioning this guy in GOAT talks

Agree and I’m not a Stipe fan. I just believe any champ that has had more than 2 successful defences should be awarded a rematch. Defending a belt as all champs say is far harder than winning it initially.

I forgot that Shogun has a booked fight already

OMG YES . DC IF U ASK FOR THIS FIGHT DONT SHOOT FOR THE TD. WAR SHOGUN!!!!

THE MW GOAT VS THE HW GOAT

He also already beat Alex.

Shogun has nothing for DC though.
Of course he beat Gus, but it was competitive. Far more competitive than Shogun will be (but nothing is for sure, we thought the same about Bisping/Rockhold).

It's like the #1 guy challenging #7, because he beat #2 a few years ago.

What the fuck kinda callout is that

Moving down in weight would be very dumb. He already blew out his back during training camp because his body wasn't used to the weight he had. He should use the next 6 months to get his body acclimated to being able to be that big without injuring himself (tendons, ligaments, bone density, stabilizing muscles, etc. all need to adapt). Going down and up in weight will be bad for his body.

That would be a stupid fight, the only way anyone would be at all interested in that fight is if shogun gets a couple cycles of roids in before hand.

Lol he’s sending a message to Shogun “Hey Rua, if you happen to get “injured” tomorrow and can’t fight Smith, you’ll get a title shot in Nov.”

praying that shogun somehow pulls it off...

30% of poll picking shogun really shows how blinded by fandom a large percentage of sherdog really is.

Of course he beat Gus, but it was competitive. Far more competitive than Shogun will be (but nothing is for sure, we thought the same about Bisping/Rockhold).

It's like the #1 guy challenging #7, because he beat #2 a few years ago.

True but how the fuck is Gus #1? He has 2 fights in 3 years and last fought over a year ago. Shogun basically did the same except has 1 more win.

Back