DC: "I will fight Shogun, then I will fight Brock Lesnar"

who wins

• Total voters
No reason to fight Gus again. Guy nearly beat him last time and like he says, they had no ppv buys. Not that shogun would sell anymore. He should just vacate the LHW belt if he doesn't wanna fight Gus though.

People here actually thinking Shogun is a dangerous fight are insane

I love the fight personally.

I think Rua is a crafty vet and has more to offer than Gus

True but how the fuck is Gus #1? He has 2 fights in 3 years and last fought over a year ago. Shogun basically did the same except has 1 more win.

He KOd the 2nd contender in his last fight. Shogun does not have even a top10 win in his current streak. Thats a big difference. The level of competition matters, otherwise we could give a title shot to some top100 journeyman just because he has 5 fight win streak so more than Shogun. It doesn't and shouldn't work like that.

DC should fight Gus because Gus is by far the biggest challenge for him and everyone knows it + the first fight was great.

Shogun KO's DC with a lucky shot in the 1st and fucks up WME's plans. Tee hee

Over half the votes for shogun were trolls. There's an ongoing joke on these forums that Shogun is good and we see it when they post shitty memes like "war shogun" etc.

Shogun is 3-4 weight classes below DC in terms of their strength, it would be over in a round.

If Shogun wins his upcoming fight against Smith i would like this fight to happen. Shogun would be a top 10 fighter on a 4 fight win streak afterall.

its either him or Gus but since Gus allready lost i would prefer a new contender for DC.

Lol at these scrubs doubting Shogun.

The man is on a win streak. DC is now 40 years old. Moved up to HW. Now has to lose all the weight again.

Shogun by KTFO.

I know Shogun is shot, but he's still dangerous. It is most likely that DC smashes him, but there's that small percentage chance that Shogun catches him with something. I mean, that's why we watch MMA right?

Having said that I just hope DC goes easy on him like he did with Anderson.

Hard to see that being anything other than one-sided.

Mousasi is a very skillful fights to say it would be one sided.

I remember when Anthony Johnson wouldn't even take the fight.

True but how the fuck is Gus #1? He has 2 fights in 3 years and last fought over a year ago. Shogun basically did the same except has 1 more win.
I didn't know the actual rankings, but Gus is ranked at #1 as per UFC rankings. You can argue he shouldn't be due to his inactivity, but he is. And his wins are against higher ranked opponents than Shogun's. But there is no way that anyone can argue that Shogun is the harder fight for DC. Unless Shogun lands a hail mary there's little he can do.

Shogun would last longer than Stipe. Let that sink in.

War Shogun. War Daniel. Let's see it.

Obvious negotiation tactic to try to get more money for the Brock fight. Anyone think DC would actually risk his red panty night? Shogun is washed up but the guy still has KO power

shogun no!! not a fan but i still dont want to see him getting windmilled in the air like hendo did.... =(

Gus has always lost against all world class competition. We've already seen his chances at the highest level a dozen times. No one wants to pay $65 for that shit again. Shogun may be inconsistent nowadays but he's proven to be a championship level fighter in the past. I'd rather see him get a shot.

Shogun is not a championship level fighter at this point in his career. He has nothing for Cormier at all and a TKO over Gian Villante or a decision against an ancient Lil Nog doesn't sway my opinion.

If Gus beats Volkan, he will be on a three fight win streak against Jan (top 7 UFC LHW), Glover (Top 5 UFC LHW) and Volkan (Top 5 UFC LHW), in addition to dropping a razor thin decision against DC. Shogun will have beaten a couple unranked guys and Corey Anderson.

But yeah, keep talking about how Gus comes up short against world class competition. Sure, he lost to Jones in a close decision, got knocked out by Anthony Johnson and lost to DC in a fight in that could have gone either way.

What has Shogun done since winning the title against Machida? Got choked out by Chael? Check. Beat by Gus? Check. Slept by Henderson and OSP? Check, check. But yeah, cling to the fact that Shogun TKO'd Weidman's mat dummy.

No matter how you look at it, Gus deserves it more than Shogun and would put on a much better showing than Shogun. Keep Shogun on the legacy circuit.

Shogun more deserving than Gus who runs like a bitch in every fight and won once in the last 2 years..

Lol yeah and Patrick Cummins and Sam Alvey should get title shots for beating Gian Villante as well.

Back