Media David "Tank" Abbott on Jaxxon Podcast

I think I've never before seen him without a beard.

Thanks for posting, I will watch it later for sure. Always a fan of Tank, he was so entertaining and violent and he always let go and went for it and had zero fear, even if he didn't have the skills, the dude was violent and didn't care about anyone. I miss those times, great days.

Tanks one of those guys you'd never believe was as well spoken and educated as he actually is. He's another big what if of MMA - which is insane because he's a legend. But could you imagine a Tank who actually trained properly? Jesus christ.

Good one, the co-host is such a pain in the ass - Rampage solo would be much better

"Tito couldn't box oranges at a Sunkist plant".

Tank Abbott on his turbulent career, rivalry, near-death experiences and untold stories
00:00:08 Memories of the Past
• Discussion with Beto Ji Di, who was one of the greatest MMA fighters.

• Mention of liver and kidney transplants, through which Beto went.

00:03:05 Parties and alcohol
• Beto talks about his parties and the alcoholic beverages he used.

• Mentioned Rick Fler, with whom Beto often hung out and drank.

00:09:18 Acquaintance with Tito Ortiz
• Beto talks about his acquaintance with Tito Ortiz, who was known as the Huntington Beach Bad Boy.

• Beto explains that he was not happy when Tito started touching him and that he should not have done so.

00:13:19 Tito Ortis and his fight
• Tito Ortiz wrestled in college and was a state champion.

• He became a state champion when his father joked about his awards.

00:21:03 Workouts with Tito Ortiz
• Tito Ortiz received a scholarship at Bakersfield and became national champion.

• Tito Ortiz was a slippery fish and often cheated on his coaches.

00:24:29 Tito Ortiz and his problems with the coach
• Tito Ortiz took the van and drove to the local store to buy food.

• Tito Ortiz asked the coach for $500, but was refused.

00:30:05 Story with Tito Ortiz
• Tito Ortiz was a fraud and had a special relationship with other fighters.

• He broke a candy machine and was expelled from the UFC.

00:34:38 Fight with Don Fry
• Tito Ortiz struck a bottom-up blow that struck Don Fry.

• Tito Ortiz participated in fights where his friends fought for him.

00:38:22 Tournaments and Rules
• At that time, tournaments were similar to wrestling competitions.

• Tito Ortiz did not understand that his participation in combat could be interpreted as a “rule”.

00:41:10 Memories of wrestling
• A story about how the author became a wrestler and how he fought against various opponents.

• It is mentioned that the author was a thug and had the nickname “Tank”.

00:46:54 Start of career in UFC
• The author talks about how he got into the UFC and how his roommate brought his friend, who was a big fan of football.

• The author was named "Tank" after the legend of street fighting.

00:50:34 Cocktail party and first fight
• The author tells about a cocktail party where he was chosen for the first fight.

• It is mentioned that the author was selected for the first fight, even though he was a thug.

00:55:25 Memories of fights and training
• The story of how the author knocked out a Samoan and made fun of him.

• Mentioned that it was natural for anyone who was engaged in martial arts.

01:01:17 Fight with Paul Herrera
• The author talks about his coach Paul Herrera and his involvement in the fighting.

• It is mentioned that Paul was a great fighter and had a natural ability.

01:07:21 Rumors of a fight in Brazil
• The author refutes rumours about his fight with boss Ruten in Brazil.

• It is mentioned that he would not give up the support of the boss and would not fight with him.

01:10:00 Memories of wrestling
• The hero of the video talks about his experience in wrestling, how he became obsessed and said terrible things.

• He regrets his actions and apologizes to his wife.

01:15:47 Working with Eric Bishop
• The character talks about his acquaintance with Eric Bishop, who offered him a job in wrestling.

• He describes his work at WCW and WWF where he wrestled with other professional wrestlers.

01:24:18 Experience in parrana
• The hero talks about his experience in Parrana, where he was the first MMA fighter to go there.

• He talks about how it made him a name and how amazing it was.

01:25:00 Discussion of fights without rules
• Discussion of fights without rules and their popularity in the 1990s.

• Mention that fights without rules were not real, but rather a show.

01:30:13 Ken Shamrock and his career
• Discuss Ken Shamrock's career, his work on the show and his role in fights without rules.

• Mention that Ken Shamrock was the star of the show and his role in the history of fighting without rules.

01:33:28 Ken Shamrock and his weight
• Discuss the weight of Ken Shamrock and his role in fights without rules.

• Mention that Ken Shamrock was a professional wrestler and not a real fighter.

01:37:43 Trouble with the law
• The protagonist talks about his experience with the law when he was accused of assault and battery.

• He was sentenced to six months in prison but, thanks to the intervention of his mother, who worked in the pension service, he was released early.

01:46:21 Boxing hall and work
• The main character begins to visit the boxing hall and work for his manager, who eventually becomes his manager.

• He also talks about his experience at a clothing company and how he started boxing.

01:51:02 Memories of MMA Career
• Abbott Tank talks about his experience in MMA, including his involvement in combat and his relationships with other fighters.

• He also discusses his thoughts that his name was not included in the UFC Hall of Fame.

01:59:12 Fight with Brian Grums
• Abbott Tank recalls his fight with Brian Grooms, who was his friend and which he won.

• He also talks about how he used his own MMA gloves, which he himself cut out of old weightlifting gloves.

02:03:04 Memories of fights
• Abbott tank talks about his experience at the sixth UFC tournament when he wanted to put on gloves and go into the ring.

• He also mentions his involvement in the show "Friends" and how he was the protagonist of the episode.

02:06:13 Gratitude and plans for the future
• Tank thanks the viewers for watching and expresses hope for the best MMA show.

• He also talks about his desire to meet Joe Rogan and invites him to his show.

02:07:49 Meeting with Joe Rogan
• Tank talks about his experience with Joe Rogan, who approached him in the arena and started rapping with him.

• He notes that Joe Rogan is a cool guy and that he would like to meet him.

Tank Abbott on his turbulent career, rivalry, near-death experiences and untold stories
00:00:08 Memories of the Past
• Discussion with Beto Ji Di, who was one of the greatest MMA fighters.

• Mention of liver and kidney transplants, through which Beto went.

00:03:05 Parties and alcohol
• Beto talks about his parties and the alcoholic beverages he used.

• Mentioned Rick Fler, with whom Beto often hung out and drank.

00:09:18 Acquaintance with Tito Ortiz
• Beto talks about his acquaintance with Tito Ortiz, who was known as the Huntington Beach Bad Boy.

• Beto explains that he was not happy when Tito started touching him and that he should not have done so.

00:13:19 Tito Ortis and his fight
• Tito Ortiz wrestled in college and was a state champion.

• He became a state champion when his father joked about his awards.

00:21:03 Workouts with Tito Ortiz
• Tito Ortiz received a scholarship at Bakersfield and became national champion.

• Tito Ortiz was a slippery fish and often cheated on his coaches.

00:24:29 Tito Ortiz and his problems with the coach
• Tito Ortiz took the van and drove to the local store to buy food.

• Tito Ortiz asked the coach for $500, but was refused.

00:30:05 Story with Tito Ortiz
• Tito Ortiz was a fraud and had a special relationship with other fighters.

• He broke a candy machine and was expelled from the UFC.

00:34:38 Fight with Don Fry
• Tito Ortiz struck a bottom-up blow that struck Don Fry.

• Tito Ortiz participated in fights where his friends fought for him.

00:38:22 Tournaments and Rules
• At that time, tournaments were similar to wrestling competitions.

• Tito Ortiz did not understand that his participation in combat could be interpreted as a “rule”.

00:41:10 Memories of wrestling
• A story about how the author became a wrestler and how he fought against various opponents.

• It is mentioned that the author was a thug and had the nickname “Tank”.

00:46:54 Start of career in UFC
• The author talks about how he got into the UFC and how his roommate brought his friend, who was a big fan of football.

• The author was named "Tank" after the legend of street fighting.

00:50:34 Cocktail party and first fight
• The author tells about a cocktail party where he was chosen for the first fight.

• It is mentioned that the author was selected for the first fight, even though he was a thug.

00:55:25 Memories of fights and training
• The story of how the author knocked out a Samoan and made fun of him.

• Mentioned that it was natural for anyone who was engaged in martial arts.

01:01:17 Fight with Paul Herrera
• The author talks about his coach Paul Herrera and his involvement in the fighting.

• It is mentioned that Paul was a great fighter and had a natural ability.

01:07:21 Rumors of a fight in Brazil
• The author refutes rumours about his fight with boss Ruten in Brazil.

• It is mentioned that he would not give up the support of the boss and would not fight with him.

01:10:00 Memories of wrestling
• The hero of the video talks about his experience in wrestling, how he became obsessed and said terrible things.

• He regrets his actions and apologizes to his wife.

01:15:47 Working with Eric Bishop
• The character talks about his acquaintance with Eric Bishop, who offered him a job in wrestling.

• He describes his work at WCW and WWF where he wrestled with other professional wrestlers.

01:24:18 Experience in parrana
• The hero talks about his experience in Parrana, where he was the first MMA fighter to go there.

• He talks about how it made him a name and how amazing it was.

01:25:00 Discussion of fights without rules
• Discussion of fights without rules and their popularity in the 1990s.

• Mention that fights without rules were not real, but rather a show.

01:30:13 Ken Shamrock and his career
• Discuss Ken Shamrock's career, his work on the show and his role in fights without rules.

• Mention that Ken Shamrock was the star of the show and his role in the history of fighting without rules.

01:33:28 Ken Shamrock and his weight
• Discuss the weight of Ken Shamrock and his role in fights without rules.

• Mention that Ken Shamrock was a professional wrestler and not a real fighter.

01:37:43 Trouble with the law
• The protagonist talks about his experience with the law when he was accused of assault and battery.

• He was sentenced to six months in prison but, thanks to the intervention of his mother, who worked in the pension service, he was released early.

01:46:21 Boxing hall and work
• The main character begins to visit the boxing hall and work for his manager, who eventually becomes his manager.

• He also talks about his experience at a clothing company and how he started boxing.

01:51:02 Memories of MMA Career
• Abbott Tank talks about his experience in MMA, including his involvement in combat and his relationships with other fighters.

• He also discusses his thoughts that his name was not included in the UFC Hall of Fame.

01:59:12 Fight with Brian Grums
• Abbott Tank recalls his fight with Brian Grooms, who was his friend and which he won.

• He also talks about how he used his own MMA gloves, which he himself cut out of old weightlifting gloves.

02:03:04 Memories of fights
• Abbott tank talks about his experience at the sixth UFC tournament when he wanted to put on gloves and go into the ring.

• He also mentions his involvement in the show "Friends" and how he was the protagonist of the episode.

02:06:13 Gratitude and plans for the future
• Tank thanks the viewers for watching and expresses hope for the best MMA show.

• He also talks about his desire to meet Joe Rogan and invites him to his show.

02:07:49 Meeting with Joe Rogan
• Tank talks about his experience with Joe Rogan, who approached him in the arena and started rapping with him.

• He notes that Joe Rogan is a cool guy and that he would like to meet him.
AI cliffs notes are super weird

I got mad respect for this tank, he didn’t give a shit about records and always down to give it his all even if he knew he was gonna lose.

Tank's the GOAT
Tank approves

giphy.gif

I don’t like Tank after hearing about his personality outside of the cage. He seems like a Sean Strickland psycho who can dish it out but can’t take it.

The first few minutes of Tank shitting on Tito already made me love this episode lol. Tank is such a legend, and the main reason I started watching MMA in the first place. My Dad got the UFC 6 PPV and Tank was the first fighter I wanted to cheer for.
I remember vividly renting the UFC 6 VHS from Blockbuster, I had already rented UFC 2 VHS and UFC 5 VHS from Blockbuster and I liked it (but still liked the WWF VHS tapes much more) .... anyways I got home and put the tape in and started watching and I just saw this fat drunk street fighter walking to the octagon and I was like "yeah this guy will just get taken down and submitted with one of those choke hold things" LOL

then a few minutes later I was like Whatttttttttttttttt OMG this guy is great, match him up with Mike Tyson immediately lol. Man he was so violent and vicious and had zero respect.. I loved it. Became a huge fan.

A lot of fun memories watching Tank, he was always entertaining because like I said he was violent and had absoutley no respect for anyone and he always let go and threw hard.

I wasn't a Rampage fan as a fighter but props to him for getting all these legends on his podcast.

Excuse-maker, obnoxious (especially stuff he did in Japan), not as funny as he thought.

But he's pretty cool now.

Oh ok... I can accept that you don't like his personality (I totally disagree, he's hilarious), but if you didn't like him as a fighter... you just aren't a fan of MMA.

Literally one of the most exciting fighters of all time. Dumping dudes on their heads in King of the Cage and Pride. Knocking out K-1 fighters. The guy was amazing.

I remember vividly renting the UFC 6 VHS from Blockbuster, I had already rented UFC 2 VHS and UFC 5 VHS from Blockbuster and I liked it (but still liked the WWF VHS tapes much more) .... anyways I got home and put the tape in and started watching and I just saw this fat drunk street fighter walking to the octagon and I was like "yeah this guy will just get taken down and submitted with one of those choke hold things" LOL

then a few minutes later I was like Whatttttttttttttttt OMG this guy is great, match him up with Mike Tyson immediately lol. Man he was so violent and vicious and had zero respect.. I loved it. Became a huge fan.

A lot of fun memories watching Tank, he was always entertaining because like I said he was violent and had absoutley no respect for anyone and he always let go and threw hard.
watching those fights as a kid was so exciting to me man.....

watching those fights as a kid was so exciting to me man.....
Same! it was something new and back in those days it was different, it was so raw and real.

I used to always get the UFC VHS from Blockbuster and I would watch the tape like 5 times before taking it back lol. I kind of lost interest around UFC 22... and didn't watch it for a few years but I started watching again around UFC 35 time. But I hated all the rules changes, they removed so many things, it was a totally different sport, but still calling it Ultimate Fighting (which I found weird) lol

Back