David (Tank) Abbott at age 30

Surprised no mention of how good tank looked against duarte at ufc17.

Guy had picked up quick wins over former ufc fighters and was tipped to be a future star at the time.

However tank came in great shape sprawled well and destroyed him. Tank in that shape and mindset was a real threat. But he took so much short notice fights and came in out of shape which is sadly how most remember him

I remember tank used to post here on Sherri and would fighter bash and troll like crazy. The overzealous mods obviously banned him. I wish they didn't. This was like 2001-02

Surprised no mention of how good tank looked against duarte at ufc17.

Guy had picked up quick wins over former ufc fighters and was tipped to be a future star at the time.

However tank came in great shape sprawled well and destroyed him. Tank in that shape and mindset was a real threat. But he took so much short notice fights and came in out of shape which is sadly how most remember him
Hmmm.. Yeah... Never thought much about Duarte... One of the least talented dudes from the Luta Livre School.

I have friends who haven't followed mma since the 90's that still talk about Tank

The fact Tank was in much better physical shape during his pro wrestling career than he ever was during his fighting days shows just how much tougher and more physically demanding a sport pro wrestling is in comparison to MMA.

did he get a headbutt @ 1:14? LMAO at the guy weighing 400 lbs

The UFC was so bad then.
Prime Tank vs Prime Roy Nelson.... Nelson would have killed him via not gassing after 30s.
Is that why everybody remember the Fighters from back then and no one gives a s*** about 90% of the current generation?

There's noth8ng "fake" about a man benching 600lbs. Who gives a shit about form when your lifting that much. Obviously he transitioned his "bad form" into properly knock8ng the fuck out of people.

The fact Tank was in much better physical shape during his pro wrestling career than he ever was during his fighting days shows just how much tougher and more physically demanding a sport pro wrestling is in comparison to MMA.

U8e38EI.gif

Hmmm.. Yeah... Never thought much about Duarte... One of the least talented dudes from the Luta Livre School.

Fair enough but coming into the ufc he was 5.0 and regarded as a real up and come.

Obviously his later career disproves this but he looked the part until an inshape tank spanked him

Cough 'steroids' cough

Although I don't disagree that wrestling is demanding in a very different way to make a lot of it is about looking the part. The fact that tank looks so different physically whilst in wcw is Very Suspicious...

The first fight I ever watched in MMA was Tank vs. Matua and I was like this shit is nuts. Then I watched the rest of the card and was like this shit is garbage. Didn't watch MMA for the next 11 years.

Lol Tank was the man! A straight up barroom brawler who used to chug a beer before going into the Octagon. It was anyone's fight in the first 60 seconds, but after that, Tank was always gassed.

I remember how huge the Pedro Rizzo fight was against Tank. It was such a huge upset!

And you know this how?
Dude, he admitted it himself that he used fake weights. You prolly dont realize how rare 600 lbs bench is, outside few elite level powerlifters and some strongmen mutants no one can bench this.

Has the promotion ever returned anywhere even near Casper, Wyoming since then?? Lol

tank certainly hasn't. he beat the shit out of pat smith in an elevator at the hotel after the fight and then immediately fled the state, catching a midnight flight back to la

Back