David (Tank) Abbott at age 30

In some ways I always thought Rampage was kind of like Tank,in that he never gave typical answers to interviews.

"who would you like to fight in the finals of the tournament?"

Rampage:I don't give a fuck,whoever Is the most tired,that's who I wanna fight"

I also feel like in Pride,there was never really this worry about saying something that would piss anyone off,so fighters really just said whatever was on their mind all the time. There was no "shit let me calm down or Dana will come down on me"

Yup. You're stupid , newb. You don't understand the generative roots of the the sport you proclaim to be a fan of if you don't appreciate tank.

I feel sorry for you. That was the classic age of mma.
Nice argument. You're a "newb" and not an MMA fan if you didn't like Tank back then.
<Kpop775><Kpop775><Kpop775>
I think it's mostly because his fans identify with him so much.

Fat, drunk, in a couch complaining about women.

0-me35mkho-1080x608.jpg

You could for example acknowledge that he was part of "classic" mma without being a fan of anything he says/does.

But no, you just HAVE to like him or newb!

More or less yeah.
There's no logic behind that, just irrational fan behavior. He was a routine drunk saying dumb shit and I didn't like his face and he has a 10-15 record.

There's no logic behind that, just irrational fan behavior. He was a routine drunk saying dumb shit and I didn't like his face and he has a 10-15 record.
I don't think Tank was dumb. He was a hell of a lot smarter than most of the guys out there at the time. There was a contingent of fans who wanted to watch fights,but didn't like the hoity toity holier than thou traditional martial arts stoicsm,and he was a guy who didn't bother with all that.

I don't think Tank was dumb. He was a hell of a lot smarter than most of the guys out there at the time. There was a contingent of fans who wanted to watch fights,but didn't like the hoity toity holier than thou traditional martial arts stoicsm,and he was a guy who didn't bother with all that.
Alright, I can understand that and I'm not saying he is dumb, I just thought he said dumb stuff and it didn't entertain me. You can like him all you want I don't care.

Loved Tank! Obviously he wasnt the best or anything... but his quotes are legendary

" I was doing this when the prize was going to jail"
"After a match, my opponent goes to the hospital and gets an IV and I have a martini"
"He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day and looks like a pussy today"
"Beating people up is a positive thing"

True JBG disciple

<{JustBleed}>

Cheating, it clearly bounced off his massive tits. Not impressed, amateur bodybuilders life more.

Yeah its more like he uses the natural flexibility of his ribs to bounce the bar back up. Bad form and very stupid

Bar > UFC Performance Institute

I remember when Tank Abbott was on commentary and said something about having a nightmare of being raped by Freddie Mercury at the Ultimate Ultimate, haha.

oldent_dan_severn_110614--16cd2bb71b633cf9ee482ede06256583.jpg

Watching Tank swing wildly reminds me of how bears swipe at each other when they're battling over salmon. Just big clumsy swipes till they connect solid. Seriously, go watch Tank's fights and see how he throws nothing but bear paw hooks!

Also, he was entertaining, but never in any way, shape, or form was he a good fighter.

Tank admitted this video was fake....

Anyone with experience weightlifting, could tell this video was fake, just by the spotter......If it really was 600lbs. you would need a spotter on each side, as well as one "breaking the weight." He broke that weight too easily for 600lbs, guys who have a legit 600lb. bench, can't break the weight that easily. And if he couldn't get the weight, no way that little guy behind him would have been able to pull it off his chest. In additon....look at the bench itself, I doubt that bench could hold 600lbs on the rack........

Most likely, my guess....this was 365lbs.....a weight he knew he could get easily, with some of the "fake" weights added, like used for movies/commercials.....They look like a legit 45lb. standard plate, but only weigh 1lb. or less

I’m pretty sure Tank actually had an account or two here on Sherdog at some point. IIRC the handle was @Thunderbolts88 and he was making threads on the book he had recently published “Bar Brawler”. It didn’t take long for Sherdog to collectively piss him off with comments and he was banned... lol

he did not lift 600lb. fact. he is a vermin piece of shit human. also fact.

What is your source that the fight was a work?

It wasn't.

Marcias threw the fight unbeknownst to Oleg who was visibly pissed.

They shared the same manager so he was the one who allegedly made the call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back