david beckham still denied knighthood

rumours are the queen doesn't like his wife...

nintchdbpict000222424714.jpg

Time really is unkind to women.

I really like Beckham and not just coz he once played for United either. However i get really pissed off that people can get knighted or and MBE or CBE simply for doing what they're supposed to do in the first place, their bloody job!
What warrants a footballer getting knighted because he plays football? Same with actors and musos, it's ridiculous.

The people who are carers for yrs and yrs and others who are selflessly helping others who are in really bad and difficult lives should get knighted. These are the people who actually show great qualities in their character.
Yes, some people such as carers and others who have spent their lifetime volunteering so that others can have an improved life do receive the more minor awards from time to time. However those aren't enough.
The class system is rooted!

Lol you d be disgusted by the reasons people became noble in old times, lol.

I really like Beckham and not just coz he once played for United either. However i get really pissed off that people can get knighted or and MBE or CBE simply for doing what they're supposed to do in the first place, their bloody job!
What warrants a footballer getting knighted because he plays football? Same with actors and musos, it's ridiculous.

The people who are carers for yrs and yrs and others who are selflessly helping others who are in really bad and difficult lives should get knighted. These are the people who actually show great qualities in their character.
Yes, some people such as carers and others who have spent their lifetime volunteering so that others can have an improved life do receive the more minor awards from time to time. However those aren't enough.

He's not being consider for Knighthood just for being a football great.

Did you not see all the work he did to get the Olympics brought to London?

He does loads of charity work and tries to raise the profile and opportunities for sports in the UK.

He opened two football academies for promising underprivileged kids.

He does a lot of work with UNICEF and malaria charities.

He has been a UNICEF UKambassador since 2005, and in 2015 he launched 7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund

Beckham is a founding member of the Malaria No More UK Leadership Council and helped launch the charity in 2009 with Andy Murray at Wembley Stadium.

Since joining Major League Soccer, Beckham has been a very public advocate in the U.S. for related charities such as "MLS W.O.R.K.S."

He's always on tv using his fame to help promote good causes.

Beckham is a lot more deserving than some of the previous Knights.

Last edited:
Damn, Bekham needs some motherfucking serfs in his fiefdom. Hook a brother up, dammit.

Always seemed like a nice bloke, but his sporting achievements aren't THAT great when compared to other less famous footballers. If he gets one Paul Scholes should get one too.

tfw u will never have the facial aesthetics of sir beckham

I'm pretty surprised they even still do this. I'm not even sure what knighthood means in today's age.

Helps open up doors in higher class areas. However the Dukes carry heavier influence in terms of stature.

does it really matter? legit Q.
In the UK is that perceived like a huge honor?

Good. It's 2017 dafak is he going to be a knight of?

But..but...fuckit..here's Sabaton

Go lay down

What was the criteria in the middle ages? Success in battle? They should be knighting soldiers not people who do charity work.

Back