david beckham still denied knighthood

What does knighting someone do other than give them a Sir title?

Helps open up doors in higher class areas. However the Dukes carry heavier influence in terms of stature.

did he slay any dragons?

poor guy

hopefully his 250 million dollars consoles him

I'm pretty surprised they even still do this. I'm not even sure what knighthood means in today's age.

How old is that queen and when does the hot Kate middleton chick become queen? She would make beckham a knight!

How old is that queen and when does the hot Kate middleton chick become queen? She would make beckham a knight!

She's 91. After she dies Kate can become queen after Prince Charles dies too. He's only 69 so Kate could be waiting a long time.

What does knighting someone do other than give them a Sir title? This ain't medieval times. It does nootin. Do they really knight entertainers?

Limeys still like to larp and pretend their knights and queens apparently

What a travesty

He has done everything right

He constantly honors the Queen on his instagram, has done major charity work and promotes British interests

He has lobbied Buckingham Palace for knighthood for years now and still nothing

rs_1024x759-160623142144-1024.-queen-elizabeth-david-beckham.ls.62316.jpg

I am soooooo upset at this news.

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

I really like Beckham and not just coz he once played for United either. However i get really pissed off that people can get knighted or and MBE or CBE simply for doing what they're supposed to do in the first place, their bloody job!
What warrants a footballer getting knighted because he plays football? Same with actors and musos, it's ridiculous.

The people who are carers for yrs and yrs and others who are selflessly helping others who are in really bad and difficult lives should get knighted. These are the people who actually show great qualities in their character.
Yes, some people such as carers and others who have spent their lifetime volunteering so that others can have an improved life do receive the more minor awards from time to time. However those aren't enough.
The class system is rooted!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back