Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

You don't get to pick and choose what is or isn't leverage. Stripping a fighter due to injury is something a union would absolutely fight over, same as forcing fighters to fight a set number of years. A really good union will fight that and take it to court.

Have to agree. Not a chance in hell a union would let that fly.

You don't get to pick and choose what is or isn't leverage. Stripping a fighter due to injury is something a union would absolutely fight over, same as forcing fighters to fight a set number of years. A really good union will fight that and take it to court.
I doubt it - Real sports # games have grown since before union days which is analogous with having to fight more. If you don't show you lose in real sports.

Not to mention only the champs would not like my plan the other 590 fighters would like it - they want high turn over and faster shots at the champ so it won't go to court.

That is an excellent point.
A fighters union would be against stripping a title for injury.
Not it wouldnt. You need majority vote to get a proposal going. Like I said all the non champs dont want a Cain sitting on title for years.

Not it wouldnt. You need majority vote to get a proposal going. Like I said all the non champs dont want a Cain sitting on title for years.

Not if you have a legally binding collective bargaining agreement. If the UFC (or any promotion) and a union agreed to this beforehand, it's grounds for a suit.

conor has, "fuck you" money now. he won't fight unless every detail of a deal is in his favor.

I doubt it - Real sports # games have grown since before union days which is analogous with having to fight more. If you don't show you lose in real sports.

The NFL hasn't been able to convince the union to expand to an 18 game season yet. The NBA will probably get a serious push to cut down on games over time. What's more, no union is going to work to force a set # of fights for anybody. Hell the NFL negotiated down the # of padded practices in the off-season. A union isn't going to get the UFC to do something the UFC ALREADY really wants to do but fighters aren't available for it. They'll probably work to force the UFC to pay for training camps/fighters on the mend; not say "So if a fighter doesn't fight three times a year we strip him of his title." They may ask for mandatories but even then the chances are those would be as flimsy as a mandatory is in boxing.

Not to mention only the champs would not like my plan the other 590 fighters would like it - they want high turn over and faster shots at the champ so it won't go to court.

The fighters with the most say would almost certainly be champions so that's kind of a problem.

The discussion was "how many fights he had left" not what he negotiates.
He seems to negotiate before every fight
I didn’t made myself clear previously,that was my point.
Who knows what Dana asked in exchange for then relieving him of the media commitments?
Since Connie keeps changing his requests it would natural that Dana would ask for something too.

My point is people want fighters to earn more, have more say, get more of a voice in how MMA advances and so on so forth. They do that except they then get mad when fighters want more money regardless of their drawing power or not. Or when a fighter says "I don't think that fight is good for my brand, how about Fighter B instead of Fighter A?" Or when a fighter turns down a short notice fight because there's too much risk or etc etc etc. They get mad at fighters who can sit out because they can afford to when they earn 300K/300K or whatever. When Rashad Evans turned down Glover Teix in Brazil a loong time ago because he didn't need to take a fight like that when he was financially secure, people were outraged.

Look at the responses to Mighty Mouse, Woodley, McGregor etc etc. When fighters flex leverage, people get upset.

Folks in general (not directed this at you), want fighters to have more, earn more, do more inside the UFC----until it starts to inconvenience the product they're watching.

The deal is, that all these turn downs happen because fighters feel that they don't get paid enough.
Moreover, they cancel fights due to injuries because of that. They feel it's not worth to fight injured.
Same with weight cuts.

As soon as they DO get paid enough, they will stop doing this.

<DCrying><mma1>

Cry some more fanboy <36>

Why would I cry? If I'm Conor's fanboy, then all is good. My favorite fighter is a good place.

You, on the other hand, has no purpose in life but to cry and bi!ch over his success.

You're the crybaby, no matter how many gifs you're able to find.

Might as well give the motherfucker a percentage in the company...Dana has created a monster.

Might as well give the motherfucker a percentage in the company...Dana has created a monster.

This monster brings more money to his pocket than any other "creation".
If he doesn't want this money - his problem

Why would I cry? If I'm Conor's fanboy, then all is good. My favorite fighter is a good place.

You, on the other hand, has no purpose in life but to cry and bi!ch over his success.

You're the crybaby, no matter how many gifs you're able to find.

Lol that's right fanboy maybe conor will take notice of your nuthuggery.
Maybe he'll hire you to wipe his ass or hold his dick when he takes a piss

Lol that's right fanboy maybe conor will take notice of your nuthuggery.
Maybe he'll hire you to wipe his ass or hold his dick when he takes a piss

Wow, you're just full of hatred, aren't ya? It devours you, it doesn't let you sleep at night.

conor has, "fuck you" money now. he won't fight unless every detail of a deal is in his favor.

He can go fuck off with that money. It’s what he wanted to do and is doing anyways. Fucking around.

Conor at it again

giphy.gif

This does not surprise me with this prima dona.
One loss ruins him.

sherdog: fuck the ufc it should be about the fighters!
sherdog: fuck the fighters! it should be about the ufc!

Back