• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

They could fight under lethwei rules if he wants to he just doesn't have the balls to fight people with similar size
I dont think thats fair. He ducked Lidon but besides that he has beaten the best guys available to him. If you want him to beat up a mid-tier MMA guy in Lethwei rules he already did that in Seth Baczinski, who competed in the UFCs 170 and 185 lbs divisions. I get that hes a social media troll but anyone who KO's Diesellek and has crazy wars with Tun Tun Min probably has more balls than any of us.

I dont think thats fair. He ducked Lidon but besides that he has beaten the best guys available to him. If you want him to beat up a mid-tier MMA guy in Lethwei rules he already did that in Seth Baczinski, who competed in the UFCs 170 and 185 lbs divisions. I get that hes a social media troll but anyone who KO's Diesellek and has crazy wars with Tun Tun Min probably has more balls than any of us.
Anyone who gets in the ring has balls but Leduc is fighting welter/middleweights as a cruiserweight and even tries to fight buakaw who is even smaller than Tun Tun Min. When he fights he always tries to go for the draw and keep his smaller opponents at distance with the pushkicks he barely even uses headbutts as much.
If you do that dont talk shit and feel like you are a prime Ernesto Hoost.

He tried MMA but went 0-2. Its not his forte.

Not to forget the first thing he tried after failing in MMA was Sambo. Sambo was also too hard so he switched to an even smaller sport in Lethwei.

Anyone who gets in the ring has balls but Leduc is fighting welter/middleweights as a cruiserweight and even tries to fight buakaw who is even smaller than Tun Tun Min. When he fights he always tries to go for the draw and keep his smaller opponents at distance with the pushkicks he barely even uses headbutts as much.
If you do that dont talk shit and feel like you are a prime Ernesto Hoost.
Where did you get the idea he is a cruiserweight? In MT he fought at the 70kg and 72kg weight classes and his physique hasnt changed. If you judge size only by height you would end up thinking Samart would have a size advantage over Canelo.

Not to forget the first thing he tried after failing in MMA was Sambo. Sambo was also too hard so he switched to an even smaller sport in Lethwei.
Ive never heard of him competing in Sambo, so I imagine it was before he switched to Muay Thai, which is a much bigger sport than Sambo in Canada.

Where did you get the idea he is a cruiserweight? In MT he fought at the 70kg and 72kg weight classes and his physique hasnt changed. If you judge size only by height you would end up thinking Samart would have a size advantage over Canelo.
Ehh maybe cause he was lethwei cruiserweight champion?
You do realize that weightclasses in boxing and Lethwei/Muaythai are different?
Also he is very skinny almost skinnfat if he were to fill his frame he would fight even higher but his chin would not hold up.
He was fighting at Openweight so obviously in a sport like lethwei with a very small talent pool and mostly fighters physically smaller than him he fights mostly smaller opponents. It is very obvious he would lose to a guy with a similar frame/reach.

It is very obvious he would lose to a guy with a similar frame/reach.

Seth Baczynski and Corentin Jallon were both his size. Obviously he likes to pick on smaller guys and largely fought guys with smaller frames while he competed in Lethwei, but I don't think that's necessarily all of his making. Lethwei is an incredibly niche Southeast Asian sport -> Most people interested are Southeast Asian -> Southeast Asian folks are generally smaller. Every time he fought a guy who was around his size, it was usually their first time doing Lethwei, but I think it speaks more about how he is a one-man weight division in Lethwei. Granted, I don't follow Lethwei at all so I don't know if there are similarly sized guys in his division that he is ducking, but based off the five minutes of Googling I did it seems like he at least tried to fight a few guys with a similar build.

He isn't a bad fighter imo, not special in any way but he's not a complete amateur. Just a narcissist lol

Ehh maybe cause he was lethwei cruiserweight champion?
You do realize that weightclasses in boxing and Lethwei/Muaythai are different?
Also he is very skinny almost skinnfat if he were to fill his frame he would fight even higher but his chin would not hold up.
He was fighting at Openweight so obviously in a sport like lethwei with a very small talent pool and mostly fighters physically smaller than him he fights mostly smaller opponents. It is very obvious he would lose to a guy with a similar frame/reach.
The weight he fought at for the WLC cruiserweight title was 84kg, which would actually be cruiserweight in all three sports you listed. He doesnt cut weight at all for these fights though, he is no more a cruiserweight than he is a heavyweight for fighting with no weight limit.

But that aside, who are these welterweights you say he is picking on? There might be some when he was getting his MT start in Bangla stadium but all of his Lethwei opponents seem to be his size or bigger. He fought Corentin Jallon who is 6'3, actually a real cruiserweight, and has a KO win over Zinedine Hameur-Lain. Leduc schooled him btw.

Last edited:
Why is everyone hating so much on this guy

I dont know much of anything about Leduc. But someone posted that Gabriel Varga video above. Varga, from what I've seen, is the nicest, most even keeled, forgiving guy in the fight business. When even he has bad things to say about you, well, you done something wrong.

Seth Baczynski and Corentin Jallon were both his size. Obviously he likes to pick on smaller guys and largely fought guys with smaller frames while he competed in Lethwei, but I don't think that's necessarily all of his making. Lethwei is an incredibly niche Southeast Asian sport -> Most people interested are Southeast Asian -> Southeast Asian folks are generally smaller. Every time he fought a guy who was around his size, it was usually their first time doing Lethwei, but I think it speaks more about how he is a one-man weight division in Lethwei. Granted, I don't follow Lethwei at all so I don't know if there are similarly sized guys in his division that he is ducking, but based off the five minutes of Googling I did it seems like he at least tried to fight a few guys with a similar build.

He isn't a bad fighter imo, not special in any way but he's not a complete amateur. Just a narcissist lol
I dont mind people fighting smaller opponents if they dont completely rely on their size to win.
Dieselnoi was way bigger than his opponents but I am pretty sure he would of fought just as well against bigger competition.
watch any Le duc fight, his punching technique is horrendous and he never made it past c Level competition in Muay Thai, he iis nothing special at all. All the guys he fought that were similar to his size were not people you would see on a resume and be impressed.
If he would actually fight someone DECENT and not some I have to do a 30 min google search to find anything at all about I might change my tone but I doubt that ever happens.

The weight he fought at for the WLC cruiserweight title was 84kg, which would actually be cruiserweight in all three sports you listed. He doesnt cut weight at all for these fights though, he is no more a cruiserweight than he is a heavyweight for fighting with no weight limit.

But that aside, who are these welterweights you say he is picking on? There might be some when he was getting his MT start in Bangla stadium but all of his Lethwei opponents seem to be his size or bigger. He fought Corentin Jallon who is 6'3, actually a real cruiserweight, and has a KO win over Zinedine Hameur-Lain. Leduc schooled him btw.

First no 84 KG is no the cutoff for cruiserweight in boxing come on now thats like one google search. In which organisation cruiserweight in MT is 79-84.

Leduc has not fought any elite competition in MT he failed at making a living from it and then switched to the smaller talent pool in Lethwei to suceed.
Idk how that makes Jallon a great fighter, Hameur-lain is kind of a glass cannon can knock out anyone but can easily get knocked out as well and I bet a lot of money if Zinedine fought that Jallon guy or Leduc now he would knock both of them out.
Its pretty weird how you try your hardest to make Leduc seem like a high level fighter when he isn't.

Search dave leduc vs jake lund on you tube. They fought in bangla. You won't find it on the tiger muay thai you tube chanel cos they don't put up fights when their fighter losses.
Jake lund absolutely schools him.
Thats what i believe any fight would look like if leduc fought any decent fighter his own size.

First no 84 KG is no the cutoff for cruiserweight in boxing come on now thats like one google search. In which organisation cruiserweight in MT is 79-84.

Leduc has not fought any elite competition in MT he failed at making a living from it and then switched to the smaller talent pool in Lethwei to suceed.
Idk how that makes Jallon a great fighter, Hameur-lain is kind of a glass cannon can knock out anyone but can easily get knocked out as well and I bet a lot of money if Zinedine fought that Jallon guy or Leduc now he would knock both of them out.
Its pretty weird how you try your hardest to make Leduc seem like a high level fighter when he isn't.
I didn't say it was the cutoff, I said it was cruiserweight. 176-200 lbs is the range that is consider cruiserweight, might want to take your own advice about google search.

Now you're moving the goalposts, I didn't say anything about Leduc being a high level fighter. You said he is a cruiserweight who doesnt have the balls to fight someone his own size, I said thats not a fair assessment. Its pretty weird how you are trying your hardest to shit on this guy, considering he fights in an extremely obscure sport I actually think he has found a lot of opportunities to take tough fights.

Not sure that anyone is really trying hard to shit on the guy. To be honest, it's pretty easy and doesn't take much effort. I'd argue you really have to try hard to defend him.

I hear ya, but it's trash entertainment and some people like that shit. Everyone here is clearly into it for mocking purposes. I don't think their are any other delusional narcissists of this magnitude in the sport outside of Kit Cope but he's vanished into obscurity as Leduc ultimately will as well. Just ride it out and ignore the noise, he'll be gone. Fear not.
Lol, that Kit Cope parallel is frighteningly accurate.

I dont know much of anything about Leduc. But someone posted that Gabriel Varga video above. Varga, from what I've seen, is the nicest, most even keeled, forgiving guy in the fight business. When even he has bad things to say about you, well, you done something wrong.

Was part of a KB seminar run by Gabriel a few weeks ago. It was a small gym, so not that many people and we got to interact with him a lot. You're right - really nice dude and tactful in what he says lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mma_training
Back