Database Error/503 Error

continually happning lately, maybe 1 in 10 pages i open, this is the only site it happens on

So, is there any ETA on getting a real fix for this (likely a server upgrade) instead off just passing of the placebo (clear cookies) as a fix?

Any news on getting this issue fixed yet? It's getting to the point that I'm considering just calling it a day on this site, I certainly won't be renewing my plat subscription that's for sure. As someone who contributes money to this forum I'm truly disappointed.

Hey nos, how are you?

I'm sorry to complain as it's usually not in my character to do so, it's just damn frustrating! I'm a sensitive soul :)

Hey nos, how are you?

I'm sorry to complain as it's usually not in my character to do so, it's just damn frustrating! I'm a sensitive soul :)

Hey Pig, I wish we had a definitive answer for you on this.

503 errors typically occur when the web server is unable to handle the current volume of HTTP requests. This can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Busy times during fights, during certain times of the day, maintenance going on, etc. The cause at any given time could be from any single one or any combination of two or more of these things happening simultaneously. This is why it's sporadic and occurs randomly for some more or less than for others. I experience it maybe a half dozen times a week at most. I just refresh the page and move on.The admins are aware of this though and are on it, believe me.

Patience and tolerance are my only suggestions for coping.

Hey Pig, I wish we had a definitive answer for you on this.

503 errors typically occur when the web server is unable to handle the current volume of HTTP requests. This can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Busy times during fights, during certain times of the day, maintenance going on, etc. The cause at any given time could be from any single one or any combination of two or more of these things happening simultaneously. This is why it's sporadic and occurs randomly for some more or less than for others. I experience it maybe a half dozen times a week at most. I just refresh the page and move on.The admins are aware of this though and are on it, believe me.

Patience and tolerance are my only suggestions for coping.

Thanks for the info, if I turn to drink I'll tell my wife to blame the admins. :)

Man this is crazy right now and there's literally no reason for server load to be bad?

Man this is crazy right now and there's literally no reason for server load to be bad?

I suspect that you get the initial 503 error during times of high server load, which affects your cookies in some way. Clearing your cookies now should help.

So are you saying that my browser is caching the 503 error page?

There are problems when viewing forum. Randomly, page redirects to full screen adverts, and cannot do anything but going back and trying to reload the page.

E.g. sometimes going to http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/ it show the page and then few seconds later it loads an advert

Click on the thread shown in the sub forum you are accessing instead of the sub forum itself

arts-graphics-2008_1130134a.jpg

I get the Guru meditation error 30% of every time I click/post, brand new computer.
Do Europeans experience the Guru more often?

I'm in Canada and if anyone in Europe gets them more than I do, I'm surprised they haven't killed themselves yet.

Only solution for now are the steps listed in the OP.

This is a backend problem and not something cause by a browser. Quick google gives a large amount of info on the issue.

is this problem ever going to be fixed? it happens every third page for the last 6months, its driving me up the wall

Back