International Darwin, Australia: Preparing For a War With China?

Australia would not be directly hit unless the war went nuclear

Darwin is strategically important in its location but is basically indefensible for Australia. It has a population of about 140,000 and it's so remote with about 2000 miles of rugged, desert terrain between it and Perth or Brisbane. Our country is huge and our population is small.

Here is a thought from an American:

It is good to prepare for worst case, but I don't think ANYONE except those who would benefit monetarily EVER want a large scale war again between any superpowers. Preparation is fine, but I don't think its really possible to prepare for what would happen. We'd ALL be monumentally fucked on ALL sides.

I love how China is propagandized as this super aggressive nation picking fights with everybody.

It's almost like people are projecting...

Maybe talk to their neighbours because the reality of China doesn't match your romanticism of China.

Maybe talk to their neighbours because the reality of China doesn't match your romanticism of China.
Hamas isn't outside my doorway shooting civilians in my neighborhood so Hamas being homicidal, religious nutjobs isn't real.

Reactions: mon
What's the last country China has invaded or started a war with? They are far less aggressive than the U.S.
Vietnam where they suffered worse casualties in 4 weeks than America did in 4 years.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the second sentence though.

Right?

I love how news in North America always makes China out to be some super aggressive country every time they do something.

"Omg, did you see what China did? They loaned an African country money for infrastructure! Those terrorists! They're trying to start world war 3! What if those loans don't get paid back! They may get collateral!"

Meanwhile, how many governments has the U.S. toppled just for the sake of a few billionaires? The funny part is it's supported by everyday Americans, whom don't even see any of the benefit of these regime changes.

- I was reading economy in China, and several news about China ucoming colapse.
The same predictions been around every year

Right?

I love how news in North America always makes China out to be some super aggressive country every time they do something.

"Omg, did you see what China did? They loaned an African country money for infrastructure! Those terrorists! They're trying to start world war 3! What if those loans don't get paid back! They may get collateral!"

Meanwhile, how many governments has the U.S. toppled just for the sake of a few billionaires? The funny part is it's supported by everyday Americans, whom don't even see any of the benefit of these regime changes.

You wouldn't be better off with China running the show globally.

Be thankful it's the US.

China isn't going to start a war they can't win, they're not stupid. They'll just sit back and watch the West economically and culturally collapse over the next 20 years and they'll attain victory without lifting a finger.

The Chinese economy has about a decade before they hit a huge collapse. That One Child policy was not so smart.

With that timeline in mind, that is why Taiwan, Australia, and virtually any place China can reach and apply pressure, they are doing it. Their timeline is brief and they must make gains while they can.

there are so many "china doesn't want war" posters here
they are so clueless <45><45><45>

You wouldn't be better off with China running the show globally.

Be thankful it's the US.

Why should I be "thankful" it's the U.S.?

I don't see China running around invading countries, bullying countries, or just generally being terrorists.

Oh. So, I should just assume they're bad because that's what you do?

That seems like a pretty inane argument.

<Manning1>

Does this guy really think that a globally dominant China would be swell?

They have camps for dissenters.

I hope trolling.

Reactions: Cid
Back