Darren Till responds to UFC champ Tyron Woodley calling him 'light work' for 'Wonderboy'

im excited for this fight and i think its come at the right time and i think Till is ready for the step up. Thou that doesnt mean he wins but im kinda leaning towards him.

He is just as long with more power plus he pressures and fires down the pipe.

Plus we havnt seen much of it but i have a sneaking suspicion his ground game is a whole lot better then we have seen since he lived in Brazil so long. a unexpected TD could very well win him the fight.

and Wonderboy is getting older, and like Machida when the reflexes start to go and the trigger is harder to pull they end up getting in big big trouble.

i like both guys but i know ill be cheering for Till but regardless it will be a great fight.

Lord Till would beat the shit out of Woodley and his amateur level striking.

Pretty sure Khabib is the only number one contender in the history of the org who was crowned champ after beating the guy who stepped in to replace the champion who pulled out of the fight due to injury.

It is what it is.

I'm pretty sure that the Champion being absent for almost 2 years and the interim champ being injured for another year is also a first.

The circumstances are unique in this one.

Circumstances.. cause that is the reality. Tell me how would you have handled that better, what would have been your best choice.

I think the only thing they should do differently is not call Khabib the undisputed champ, when there are clear reasons to dispute it.

I'd rather they strip Ferguson of the interim title and give that to Khabib. Let Ferg keep his #1 rank till he's ready to fight. Or simply let Ferguson keep the interim title and go without a title holder until a more legit fight for the real title can be arranged.

While I agree with stripping Conor, I think they should wait to give the real title to anyone until there's a deserving match up for it. If Tony can't fight anytime soon, set up Alvarez and Khabib. Alvarez was, at least, the last lineal champ before Conor and he's ranked near the top of the division.

Till sounds legit like he has been gotten to. There's been too much crying about Wonderboy and Woodley over the past few days. Why does he feel the need to even respond? Darren, lad, just let your fists do the talking in your hometown and get on the mic after you dispatch Thompson...

giphy.gif
Sounds like they hurt his feelings.

I think the only thing they should do differently is not call Khabib the undisputed champ, when there are clear reasons to dispute it.

I'd rather they strip Ferguson of the interim title and give that to Khabib. Let Ferg keep his #1 rank till he's ready to fight. Or simply let Ferguson keep the interim title and go without a title holder until a more legit fight for the real title can be arranged.

While I agree with stripping Conor, I think they should wait to give the real title to anyone until there's a deserving match up for it. If Tony can't fight anytime soon, set up Alvarez and Khabib. Alvarez was, at least, the last lineal champ before Conor and he's ranked near the top of the division.

Conor not sure if he even fights this year so from 2016 I think it's time he was stripped.

Tony extra sure he doesn't fight this year so no point in having him with a belt anymore.

That leaves Khabib and what would you call that belt interim ? while those 2 others are out.. nope just make it the official belt and set up a defense in the fall vs the highest available contender out there.

Same. He's good, but he doesn't give off the impression that he's anything special at the moment. Him beating Wonderboy, though, would be crazy. Being the first to finish Wonderboy would be straight up nuts.
He got finished by Matt brown

I really want Till to be the guy people keep telling me he is because the dude is funny and entertaining but I've seen his fights that weren't the Cowboy beatdown and sadly I think Woodley is right
All he ever talks about in his interviews is how he's the best fighter in the world. When is he funny?

No. The blame isn't Khabib's it's the UFC's.

Why is there any “blame” on the ufc for saving the card? What options did they have?? The number contender got hurt, the 145 champ deemed not fit to fight the day of weigh-ins, Pettis wanted more $, NY wouldn’t let Felder fight... They went with the only option they had to save the card... What blame is to be had? Khabib was in a title fight... He won, he wins the title. The event had to go on... I thought the ufc did an amazing job of making the card happen.

Do you even know why they are to be “blamed” for Khabib beating the #11 ranked lightweight on the planet and winning a title??

Should TJs title defense not count or be “blamed” on the ufc bc he fought a game, experienced fighter in Joe Soto?? And not Barao??

Get a grip.. not everything needs to have blame or something negative associated to it.. You don’t need to find things to be outraged about or have some firm stance on.. move on.

So how “legit” of a fight was Ferguson vs Lee?? How many good wins did Lee have? Chiesa? Then who?? I’d say Al’s resume is better the Lee’s at this point..

I assume they wanted to get the division back on track. One champion. I’m assuming Ferguson is still ranked #1 right behind Khabib.

Also... Top 20 in LW is a murderers row of talented fighters. No easy fights with that line up.

So how “legit” of a fight was Ferguson vs Lee?? How many good wins did Lee have? Chiesa? Then who?? I’d say Al’s resume is better the Lee’s at this point..

I assume they wanted to get the division back on track. One champion. I’m assuming Ferguson is still ranked #1 right behind Khabib.

Also... Top 20 in LW is a murderers row of talented fighters. No easy fights with that line up.

Also... what’s wrong with having him make his first defense someone like Ferguson, Poirier or Alvarez?? Regardless- his very next fight would be a top 5 LW.. If he wins, great. If he looses, great. The fight will happen either way. Now they have one champ in division, which is how it should be.

Why is half this thread about Khabib and the LW division? Aren't there enough Khabib discussions already?

I've had enough of wonderboy so im rooting for till to beat him.

Do you even know why they are to be “blamed” for Khabib beating the #11 ranked lightweight on the planet and winning a title??

Should TJs title defense not count or be “blamed” on the ufc bc he fought a game, experienced fighter in Joe Soto?? And not Barao??

Do you really not understand the difference between a champion defending his title against a replacement challenger and a number one contender being awarded a belt after beating the guy stepping in to replace the injured champion?

How would you have felt if TJ would have been the one who pulled out of the Barao rematch, Soto had stepped in, Barao beat Soto and then the UFC declared Renan the 135 pound champ?

Come on, son...

Conor not sure if he even fights this year so from 2016 I think it's time he was stripped.

Tony extra sure he doesn't fight this year so no point in having him with a belt anymore.

That leaves Khabib and what would you call that belt interim ? while those 2 others are out.. nope just make it the official belt and set up a defense in the fall vs the highest available contender out there.

I get that it's just a messed up situation. I would rather call Khabib's title interim than undisputed. Maybe call it provisional?

But I'd also be fine to go several months without an official title holder until they can set up Khabib vs Alvarez (assuming Conor won't fight again) or even Poirier.

But Ferguson was given the interim title not the "undisputed" title.

I'd be OK if they called Khabib's belt an interim or provisional one but I can't find it legitimate until he beats someone higher up, like Poirier, Alvarez, Ferguson, or Conor.

It will probably be a moot point in 4-6 months as I fully expect Khabib will fight one of those 4 next and will probably win. But I'd be fine to go without an official title holder until then.

“I couldn’t really give a (expletive) about what Woodley says,” Till told MMAjunkie. “What does light work actually mean? I don’t know what that means. Is any fight light work? Is he trying to say I’m light work? That just doesn’t make any sense. To me that doesn’t make any sense at all. No one is light work at all. So he can tune in the 27th of May if he thinks anyone is going to make light work of me. I’m going to show everyone.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/darren...derboy-thompson/amp?__twitter_impression=true

To paraphrase:

d7d.jpeg

Back