Darren Till actually cheated at the Weigh-In

I just tried it on my digital scales and it does change it by about a pound, I have no idea how in the hell that changes things. It may not change things on that scale though.

I would do a handstand on the scale. Makes you 12 lbs lighter.

It can work in theory but you'd have to have access to the scale before hand to know if it would work.

When I was in high school our scale had a section that if you distributed your weight more on you could lose a pound.

On 95% of decent scales what he is doing won't result in weight loss. Unless his heel is making contact with that shirt or towel then maybe he shaves off a tenth or two, not a full pound like DC who exerted a lot more force onto something besides the scale.

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody got on the scales with a large bouquet of helium ballons. You can wear your shorts, why not balloons?

I just tried it on my digital scales and it does change it by about a pound, I have no idea how in the hell that changes things. It may not change things on that scale though.

He’s a cheat like Cormier. Knew he was going to fuck up and tried to game it. Like maybe on a pro electronic scale he could get .5 lb but any doctor would tell him to stand properly

Probably didn’t change anything on a scale of that quality, however he sure as fuck did that in the hope it would reduce his weight

He definitely tried to cheat, but those types of scales don't work the same way a 20 dollar digital scale does. Was worth a try, I suppose.

Or I should say, they work the same, it's just that they're designed to disperse the weight evenly no matter the surface area of the object weighing in.

Till is too arrogant with his words to be getting himself in these situations.
Not a fan.

It makes a difference.

The scale detects weight when the platform pressures downward in a 90 degree angle.

If you do it with one foot you alter the angle of the pressure meaning the platform will have more left or right wall friction which will remove a couple of pounds.

You would achieve a similar (more or less) effect of you stand more to the left or right side.

This is blatantly trying to manipulate the weighing scales.

This should be looked into by the commsion.

How'd they not pick up on that?

This is blatantly trying to manipulate the weighing scales.

This should be looked into by the commsion.

How'd they not pick up on that?

Because it was in Till's backyard? I dunno it was pretty blatent. The Wonderboy family will be watching his feet close tomorrow during the weigh-ins i'm sure.

I did it at the scale at the gym this morning and it changed about 2 pounds. It's one of those manual ones where you slide the things but I also have reason to believe the thing is a piece of shit

~DaViD~

If this was not an attempt to get the preferred numbers then someone should tell Wonderboy that Till has an ankle injury so severe that he cannot stand correctly.

Yes it will. And don’t talk physics to me. It works because it fucks how the mechanism detects weight, pressure is dispersed differently and affects sensor readings. A mechanical scale could also be affected by how the leverage works.

https://www.google.pl/amp/s/fanside...ow-following-daniel-cormiers-towel-trick/amp/

Stupid example as this is nothing like it. I still wouldn't be surprised if standing at the edge of the scale gives off a different reading due to the how the sensor works.

As you probably know, when weighing in he clearly had one foot off the scale, just touching it with his toes. This cheat can make you around 2 lbs lighter, and yet Till missed the 171 limit with 3.5 lbs?!

Holy shit. What a fraud this guy turned out to be. Obviously too afraid of losing on his home soil.

Should he be allowed to fight at WW again after this? Personally, I think blatant cheaters need to be punished somehow.

Always entertaining when 5'5 sun shy sherbros call professional fighters cowards.

Back