Dark Souls 1

3 parries and an r1 with the BKGS And that cocksucker is dead. GG.

I can land one parry for a quarter of his health but it's inconsistent and he's cheap and fuck Fromsoft

Its actually semi-easy if you bait him into a parry instead because you can anticipate when he swings. Look at some youtube to learn his timings. fight around the small cluster of rocks to be able to run away when you need to take breaks to heal

Not trying to hijack this thread, but reading thru this and the Demon Souls thread has me itching to play a souls game. I've only played DS1 and still haven't upgraded from the 360, is DS2 worth playing? I've seen mixed reviews and a lot of people seem to rank it as the worst in the series, but I don't really game anymore and don't plan on picking up a new system until RDR2 is out

Btw I'm way worse at these games than the TS, it took me forever to beat DS1 and I went almost full magic, only positive is that I don't play online and beat all of the bosses solo

Not trying to hijack this thread, but reading thru this and the Demon Souls thread has me itching to play a souls game. I've only played DS1 and still haven't upgraded from the 360, is DS2 worth playing? I've seen mixed reviews and a lot of people seem to rank it as the worst in the series, but I don't really game anymore and don't plan on picking up a new system until RDR2 is out

Btw I'm way worse at these games than the TS, it took me forever to beat DS1 and I went almost full magic, only positive is that I don't play online and beat all of the bosses solo

I enjoyed DS2 quite a bit, but never played the original and went straight for Scholar of the First Sin edition on PS4 and heard it played a ton better.

I'm pretty proud of beating this offline too, but the game is so dead at this point I probably wouldn't have found any summons.

I'm also proud I didn't cheese any bosses. I saw someone kill Ceaseless Discharge by making him fall off a cliff. He was one of the tougher bosses i faced because of how hard he hit.

I started DS2 recently. Only played DS1 before out of the souls series and im happy with 2 so far

Review time:

9/10 game, better than 2 and 3, and lengthwise, better than Bloodborne.

Fav boss: Ornstein and Smough

Least fav boss: Capra Demon

Fav area: Anor Londo

Least fav area: Lost Izalith

Nice idea

Fav boss: Sif

Least fav boss: Four Kings

Fav area: The Burg, just loved how that whole area was connected and laid out

Least fav area: Lost Izaleth

And thanks for the input, I'll give DS2 a shot since no one said it was a waste of time. I don't want to go heavy magic this time, will probably go with some of a faith/str or dex combo

It's good, but even more cryptic than the rest. You will need a walkthrough to get past some spots, simply because the game doesn't tell you shit, and it's level design isn't as tight as DS1. There are parts where you would have to be psychic to get through. That's the biggest complaint I have about DS2. It's not cryptic in a good way. It's cryptic in a "you've gotta be kidding me" way.

It's good, but even more cryptic than the rest. You will need a walkthrough to get past some spots, simply because the game doesn't tell you shit, and it's level design isn't as tight as DS1. There are parts where you would have to be psychic to get through. That's the biggest complaint I have about DS2. It's not cryptic in a good way. It's cryptic in a "you've gotta be kidding me" way.
Like who the fuck would even find Darklurker on their first playthrough?

Nice idea

Fav boss: Sif

Least fav boss: Four Kings

Fav area: The Burg, just loved how that whole area was connected and laid out

Least fav area: Lost Izaleth
WHat made you hate LOst Izalith? It was a shit pile area with crappy enemies and a shit boss. In fact the whole lava section of the game sucked balls. Ceaseless and Centipede also were subpar and the enemies were just reskins of bosses.

And thanks for the input, I'll give DS2 a shot since no one said it was a waste of time. I don't want to go heavy magic this time, will probably go with some of a faith/str or dex combo
DS2 is very different from the others but still a lot of fun. Definitely worth playing.

I think I'm gonna have to create a new fuckin email address for PS3 just to buy the damn DLC

Was feeling nostalgic so I started a SL1 run last night and now I'm stuck on O&S. Thought I was better at this fight but I'm having a hard time keeping an eye on both of them, especially when Ornstein starts zipping around. His AI is so annoying.

Lost Izalith sucks so hard because they shipped out the game before completing it. By far the shittiest part of the game. I always like to do it right after placing the lordvessel so I can just get the shittiest part of the game out of the way and go back to quality areas.

Lost Izalith sucks so hard because they shipped out the game before completing it. By far the shittiest part of the game. I always like to do it right after placing the lordvessel so I can just get the shittiest part of the game out of the way and go back to quality areas.
I agree. That entire area sucks. It looks cool but the bosses are poorly designed and glitchy. I even got stuck on Ceaseless for a while last night because he kept spamming his fire AOE, like 20 times in a row. It was ridiculous.

I would love to see them remaster DS1 and fix up some of these issues. It's such a great game otherwise.

Lost Izalith sucked, but I'd still say I disliked Blightown more. Damn Souls games and their obligatory poogas levels.

I agree. That entire area sucks. It looks cool but the bosses are poorly designed and glitchy. I even got stuck on Ceaseless for a while last night because he kept spamming his fire AOE, like 20 times in a row. It was ridiculous.

I would love to see them remaster DS1 and fix up some of these issues. It's such a great game otherwise.
Dude when I fought him, I swear, the same attack did different damage each attempt, regardless of my actions. Sometimes he one shot me, others it'd be like a third of my health: his damage seems almost random.

Dude when I fought him, I swear, the same attack did different damage each attempt, regardless of my actions. Sometimes he one shot me, others it'd be like a third of my health: his damage seems almost random.
I usually just cheese him but I screwed it up and then he somehow got stuck in that AI loop. I've fought him legit before and he just tries to slam you but this fire vortex thing is obviously designed to kill you from range. He shouldn't be using it when you're standing in front of him.

Back