Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter. Ugas vs Barrionuevo & Kownacki vs Martin, Sep. 8 Showtime 9PM ET RBR

Real nice card

I am going with porter....

garcia just has never done it for me. Looked mediocre against top competition since matty

And charles martin has been on my shit list ever since i said he would do good against aj

vbookie:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/boxing-danny-garcia-vs-shawn-porter-sep-8.3821255/

Saturday, September 8, 2018 Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York
Showtime 9PM EST/6PM PST

Top 147-pound contender Yordenis Ugas and Argentine slugger Cesar Barrionuevo will battle in a WBC welterweight title eliminator while unbeaten Polish heavyweight contender Adam Kownacki will face former heavyweight champion Charles Martin in a 10-round attraction as part of a tripleheader

Danny Garcia (34-1, 20 KOs) vs Shawn Porter (28-2-1, 17 KOs) -

Vacant WBC Welterweight Title

Garcia says he plans on going up to 154.
I don't see that happening.
Still leaning towards Porter at the moment

Also leaning towards Porter..... and 154? He is crazy. He is a pretty small 147, he was smaller than Keith in the ring, and I expect him to be smaller than Porter. He must be getting lazy. Never been a fan of his, and feel he has taken the spot light for granted, once he got his first big pay day. He has made some money, but with this kind of life style, taxes, expenses to trainers and crew members, it kind of adds up. He and the current generation need to be more active. Doesn't seem like they have learned from the repeated mistake of former greats who lose everything.

I hope he isnt taking career/financial advice from his father, who only is successful in life because of his son.

he is hesitant to hop in the ring with top guys at 147 what is that going to look like at 154..

he is hesitant to hop in the ring with top guys at 147 what is that going to look like at 154..

In fairness to Garcia, Thurman and Porter are top WWs. 54 is no good for Garcia, though. He's way too small.

This has the potential to be boring as fuck, but I’m hoping for action.

In fairness to Garcia, Thurman and Porter are top WWs. 54 is no good for Garcia, though. He's way too small.
Not saying they aren’t but what I mean by hesitant is he waits sometimes a whole year to fight guys who are fringe or mid level and his truly tough fights have been getting less and less impressive. I think seeing him at 154 would once a years against guys barely in the top 10 and even then he would still be in some serious danger

garcia-porter%20(5)_1.jpg

Some size difference

Kownacki's obese ass destroying Martin should be a sight to behold. He has a lot of talent which he could put to real use if he ever got in shape.

Still think I'm picking Garcia. Tough fight to pick. I think Garcia will get worked over for a few rounds and then land something that changes the fight.

Still think I'm picking Garcia. Tough fight to pick. I think Garcia will get worked over for a few rounds and then land something that changes the fight.

Very reaso able prediction. As close to 50/50 as you can get. Similar to GGG and Canelo rematch. Next two weeks will be great.

Yep

Back