Danny Garcia vs. Shawn Porter. Ugas vs Barrionuevo & Kownacki vs Martin, Sep. 8 Showtime 9PM ET RBR

Garcia needs to throw more-how can he leave a fight that important and that close up to the judges when he knows Porter is throwing at least twice as many punches as he is?

Ww and HW are fucking amazing right now.

No doubt we are in a great era for both.

As a little aside, is WW the most consistent weight class for boxing over the years? I cant thinking of an era where WW did not have great mashups.

Danny is done at the top. Good job by Porter, did exactly what was expected of him.

Porter is stopped within 6 rounds if he fights Spence btw.

Danny is very predictible, basically throws one combination all fight. Porter takes a great shot and learned from Keith movement beats Garcia.

I didn't bother to watch the fight because I consider both second raters at WW but after reading some of the comments I'm going to put it on my must watch list.

Scored it a draw but I was being a bit generous in regards to the rds I gave Danny, tho. Close contest nonetheless. Shawn looked like the winner in there by just working way more and constantly being the more physical of the two. He took over most of the middle rds. He moved better than we're used to seeing too.

I was impressed with Porter but Danny brought it too. I was a bit surprised that Danny's stamina held up as well as it did, he's been known to slow in fights and with a guy who's as strong and physical as Shawn. I figured he'd tire much more than he actually did but he held up pretty well for the most part. Didn't work enough, tho, and Porter was more active and pushed the base much more as well. Great fight overall, glad my Porter bet hit. Knew when it was a ud Porter was most likely taking it.

Very close fight. Scored it 115 to 113 for Porter. Garcia just wasn't busy enough in the later rounds even though I gave him the last round. Porter has a really good chin, he took some flush shots from Garcia and they looked like they did nothing to him. Hard man to beat.

I really think another 3 judges this could have went the other way. I mean I had it a draw and no I didnt get there the same way as Farhood. boxing scene who I think are great round by round had it for porter close, it was just one of those fights. I prefer effective punches too but I felt half the rounds Porters work rate paid off and was more effective than what danny landed. but then I see a round where danny lands 3-4 hooks at the same time and felt clear danny round but lots disagreed. it was just one of those fights and I want to see it again.

I would watch a rematch. Good fight, good match-up.
I was fucking nodding off in the 10th and woke up as they announced Porter as the winner (I thought Garcia was winning from my couch when I was awake), so I have to re-watch this one, anyway. lol

Garcia needs to throw more-how can he leave a fight that important and that close up to the judges when he knows Porter is throwing at least twice as many punches as he is?

He looked like he got tired but it also falls on his corner and gameplan.

I really think another 3 judges this could have went the other way. I mean I had it a draw and no I didnt get there the same way as Farhood. boxing scene who I think are great round by round had it for porter close, it was just one of those fights. I prefer effective punches too but I felt half the rounds Porters work rate paid off and was more effective than what danny landed. but then I see a round where danny lands 3-4 hooks at the same time and felt clear danny round but lots disagreed. it was just one of those fights and I want to see it again.
The right man won. Garcia didnt do enough to win. porter may have been sloppy but he was landing a great deal more winning the rounds.

I wanted garcia to win btw. I hate porters style, if he had more power his style might be exciting.

spence is going to walk through porter which in turn will scare keith even more and he will fade into nothingness

I wanted Porter to win, and I don't think anything was clear about the win, I wont argue it I wont even call it controversial but I want to see a rematch.

Weird 2 judges gave porter the first half of the fight. I thought garcia clearly won 4 of the first 6

GARCIAPORTER-SCORE.jpg

Weird 2 judges gave porter the first half of the fight. I thought garcia clearly won 4 of the first 6

GARCIAPORTER-SCORE.jpg

Interesting to see that even the two 115-113 judges didn't score the rounds the same as each other. I too scored it 115-113 but with different rounds again to both judges. Just shows how close a fight it was.

Back