Danny G vs the Ghost Jan 23 PBC on FOX

You originally said "he fights no one" dumb shit. He fought Mathysse and Khan at 140 then Peterson at catch weight ALL of them were top guys at 140. THEN you said "only Haymon guys" ignoring that Mathysse was a GB fighter and that Top Rank had 2 good welterweights that arum wouldn't have fight outside of his banner.

So what's your knock... That he hasn't fought the top welter weights? No shit Sherlock, his dad said he wanted Danny to be careful changing divisions because he wanted him to have time getting used to the size difference and putting on the weight. Now he beat Guerrero and former champ and will fight winner of Porter/ Thurman.

You're one of these cry baby fuck boys who complains about every fucking thing. Go back to WWE shithead. BTW, besides Bradley and Brook (since Pac is retiring) there aren't any other good fighters at 147 not under the Haymon banner.

I don't know why you are so pissed. Are you Garcia's dad or something? I said he's the product of selective oppenents. That's it. If he fights Thurman/Porter winner, and I have my doubts, and wins I'll give him more dues. Until then, I continue my views on Garcia on a online boxing forum.

Also, I don't watch WWE and I had to look up what "fuck boy" meant. Which tells me everything I need to know about you if you're over the age of 17 and still use the term.

Well he was a huge LW, that was quite a physical gift. He lost all that size advantage when he moved up but was still able to outwork guys and has decent speed coming from the lower divisions.
I dont think cutting weight is the same thing as being an athletic specimen.

The Washington Redskins won the NFC East this year. Does that mean I should consider them good?

He had good wins against Khan and Matthysse. They sure as hell aren't great fighters. If we are talking resume at Jr WW then he is above them. Better than Tim? Not in my view and won't be better than Crawford.
Lmao. Just say you cant answer the question instead of trying to duck it or spin it.

Garcia failed to put the 147 on notice last night, no doubt he beat Guerrero but didnt look great in doing so, Matthysse was the last fight where he looked elite and from there on he hasnt looked impressive, still exciting to watch but 147 is a different animal though

Garcia failed to put the 147 on notice last night, no doubt he beat Guerrero but didnt look great in doing so, Matthysse was the last fight where he looked elite and from there on he hasnt looked impressive, still exciting to watch but 147 is a different animal though

Made an interesting point imo. Going through Ghosts fights in my head trying to think who actually looked good/great against him. There really isnt anything outside of Floyd and that wasnt really special either imo.

(Mine isnt really a Danny related post, but more praise for Guerrero.)

I didnt see anyone claimimg he has Wilder type power or anything like that. They say he has power and I agree. I think he has above avg power. Fight changing power even. He has just enough to change peoples game plan mid fight. Danny has wear down and break down type power, not stop and drop power. IMO.

That was not the case last night

He has decent power, he would have made the fight less competitive for Guerrero who was a sitting duck the entire fight and was still game

Guerrero's punch output was very close to Garcia's, had Danny posses above average punching power Guerrero would have slowed significantly or at the very least respect Danny

He has decent power, he would have made the fight less competitive for Guerrero who was a sitting duck the entire fight and was still game

Guerrero's punch output was very close to Garcia's, had Danny posses above average punching power Guerrero would have slowed significantly or at the very least respect Danny
Tell that to Thurman.

Watch Khan channel his inner Shannon Briggs now Garcia's got a WW strap.

Khan follows champions around like a scorned ex girlfriend, he literally has no shame.

Watch Khan channel his inner Shannon Briggs now Garcia's got a WW strap.

Khan follows champions around like a scorned ex girlfriend, he literally has no shame.
Unless that champion is named Kell Brook.

Unless that champion is named Kell Brook.

That fight needs to happen but Khan is doing to Brook what Floyd did to him. Would love nothing more than to see Kell put a dent in that chin of his. For a fighter of Khans average ability his arrogance is unprecedented.

I thought it was the case. Ghost came out the first 3-4 rds strong and then danny starting landing and Danny started landing cleaner amd cleaner as the fight worn on. I saw Ghost looking worse and worse as the fight went on and Danny able to shut down alot of Ghost offense down. Ghost was still throwing and coming on but not as effective as he was in the early rds. He looked effectived by the power shots Danny was landing in the fight to me. I didnt score a rd for Ghost after the 6. I could see giving him the 12th but rds 7-11 i thought Danny was having a easy time with him and banging away.

But Ghost never stops trying. He came on with Keith and the Japan guy that put him in FOTY a few yrs ago.

That fight needs to happen but Khan is doing to Brook what Floyd did to him. Would love nothing more than to see Kell put a dent in that chin of his. For a fighter of Khans average ability his arrogance is unprecedented.
Khan has no options unless he only wants 1 fight this year.

We all knew coming into this fight that Guerrero is a shot fighter. The guy got his ass beat (and knocked down, and went limp) against Feather fisted Aron Martinez in his last fight. He got gifted that decision, a true robbery.

Danny did what he had to do, but there's really nothing a 30-0 young fighter like Danny can do to be impressive against a guy who just got his ass beat by Aron Martinez. It was a silly matchup, and a lose-lose for Garcia, outside of the paycheck he received of course.

And don't start the "Danny is getting used to 147" bullshit. Guerrero was a lightweight, Paulie was a feather fisted 140, and he fought Peterson at 144 or something.

Garcia vs Thurman/Porter, and nothing else, is what needs to be next.

Dam i need to rewatch this fight again. Shit was a barnbunner.

We all knew coming into this fight that Guerrero is a shot fighter. The guy got his ass beat (and knocked down, and went limp) against Feather fisted Aron Martinez in his last fight. He got gifted that decision, a true robbery.

Danny did what he had to do, but there's really nothing a 30-0 young fighter like Danny can do to be impressive against a guy who just got his ass beat by Aron Martinez. It was a silly matchup, and a lose-lose for Garcia, outside of the paycheck he received of course.

And don't start the "Danny is getting used to 147" bullshit. Guerrero was a lightweight, Paulie was a feather fisted 140, and he fought Peterson at 144 or something.

Garcia vs Thurman/Porter, and nothing else, is what needs to be next.
Not even Khan? I think that is Garcia's mandatory, but who knows what Khan will do.

Not even Khan? I think that is Garcia's mandatory, but who knows what Khan will do.
Oh I would love that, actually. But that won't happen, Garcia will be kept away from Khan. They've spent too much time building towards the Thurman fight.

But Khan vs Garcia would be great.

Guerrero DID slow significantly, look at the first 3 rounds then look at 6-9. People are just TRYING to mine some poignant discovery out of this fight but it's just not there. Things went as expected, Garcia won by wide decision as bookies predicted.

Oh I would love that, actually. But that won't happen, Garcia will be kept away from Khan. They've spent too much time building towards the Thurman fight.

But Khan vs Garcia would be great.
Thurman beating Porter isn't a 100% sure thing, even though I ride with Keith all day.

I think Algieri is going to fight either Guerrero or the loser of Thurman vs Porter.

Mansour bit down on his tongue and was choking on his own blood and thats why he quit. No broken jaw.

Back